Xbox 360: Game disk unreadable

Discus and support Xbox 360: Game disk unreadable in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I recently dug out the old 360, and have been trying to play some of my old Call of Duty games. Once I load up a game, it will consistently kick us... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JoeGaddy, Nov 5, 2019.

1. JoeGaddy
    JoeGaddy Guest

So I recently dug out the old 360, and have been trying to play some of my old Call of Duty games. Once I load up a game, it will consistently kick us out within 5 minutes giving an error stating that the "disk is unreadable". Told me to try wiping it off
    and restarting the console, etc. I tried this, many times, but I know it's not a disk issue. It looks great, and it allows me to boot up the game and immediately hop back on, only to be kicked off again a few minutes later. I've even tried blowing out the
    disk tray with pressurized air.

It seems to work longer on single player than splitscreen, as once a 2nd person is added we're lucky to get 1 minute in before the same error message kicks us off again. Not sure what that could mean though.

I figure it's probably a problem with the disk reader, but am pretty stumped by the fact that it seems to work fine seconds after being "unreadable." Has anyone had this issue before, and/or have any ideas that I could try to fix it?

:)

JoeGaddy, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Toad 004 Win User

backwards compatibility

Wait, in your tags, it says "Unreadable disk". If the 360 gives an unreadable disk error, it means just that, it can't read the disk.

If you play an xbox game that is NOT backwards compatible, it will FLAT OUT SAY "THIS ORIGINAL XBOX GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE". Not "this disk cannot be read".

Try cleaning the disk. Are there any scratches on it?
  3. Lexbar Win User

Cant read disc after black ops 2 update

Xbox 360 Slim Halo Reach Edition. :Disk Is Unreadable / Unrecognized..." ... Plays on original 360 ...
  4. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Xbox 360

5. sweepingshark94 Win User

Save file is corrupt

Now I got a question if my disk is unreadable does it mean thr save is bad. And I bought it from the 360 so I don't play with a disk.
  6. Ricardo Cintra Win User

The HD is new or very old? Maybe in the sector where you game is installad is Dameged try reinstall the game again
Thema:

1. Xbox 360: Game disk unreadable - Similar Threads - 360 Game disk

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  4. Xbox 360 Game disk won’t show install prompt on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Game disk won’t show install prompt on Xbox one: Today i got a Forza Horizon 1 disk from gamestop; preowned, no scratches or anything, i go to put it in and it doesn’t give me an installation prompt. It also sounds a bit differently compared to...
  5. Purchased a 360 game off the Xbox one store and its saying I need the disk to play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a 360 game off the Xbox one store and its saying I need the disk to play.: Hello i recently bought a game from the Xbox one store and its saying that i need to insert the games disk or sign in to my Xbox Live account however since i bought it digitally i don't have the...
  6. Xbox one x Japan Ver can not play Xbox 360 Call of Duty®: Black Ops Japan Ver game disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one x Japan Ver can not play Xbox 360 Call of Duty®: Black Ops Japan Ver game disk: Dear everyone, I am pretty sure that my going to play game is in list of backward-compatibility as below link https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games But when...
  7. The game(Minecraft) do not install from game disk to my xbox 360 hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game(Minecraft) do not install from game disk to my xbox 360 hard drive: Hello! I was installing games from game disks to my hard drive following this instruction. When I started installing Minecraft: I inserted the game disc into the disc drive; From the home hub...
  8. Xbox 360 disk on Xbox one launches blu ray player instead of the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 disk on Xbox one launches blu ray player instead of the game: Recently tried to play Halo Reach on my Xbox one, when I put the disk in (it's a 360 disk obvs) it opens blu ray player then gives me error 0x91d70001. Any solutions? The disk is completely...
  9. 360 Can't Read Game Disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 Can't Read Game Disk: A few months ago I bought all three Fable games from a used game store, and they were in excellent condition. I went home and put the first game in the disk tray and shut it. At first it required...
  10. Xbox 360 Randomly Ejects Disk in the Middle of a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Randomly Ejects Disk in the Middle of a game: When I'm in the middle of a game, my power button will start blinking and it will kick me to the dashboard. This issue has been going on since 2013. It stops for a good 3-6 months, but then starts...