XBOX 360 game bought but not playable

Discus and support XBOX 360 game bought but not playable in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I have brought the FEAR 3 game on the XBOX store for XBOX One but I cannot play it as it shows that I do not own the game. Could you please... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lucy Fechova, Apr 16, 2023.

1. Lucy Fechova
    Lucy Fechova Guest

Hi all,

I have brought the FEAR 3 game on the XBOX store for XBOX One but I cannot play it as it shows that I do not own the game. Could you please help me solve the issue as I have already tried to reset the console and removing my account but this did not helped either however it is shown that I have bough the game on my account as it can be seen in the payment and billing section.

Please help me solve this issue.

Thank you.

Best regards,

:)

Lucy Fechova, Apr 16, 2023
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Thanks for confirming this info, your detailed reply is really helpful! It’s particularly interesting that the issue doesn’t affect any other games like FEAR 2.

Perhaps I should’ve asked this earlier - what Xbox One console are you experiencing this issue on? Please specify the exact model. What OS version are you currently on? You can find this in Settings > System > Console info.

Either way, I can reassure you that you’re correct - FEAR 3 is backwards compatible (and there would be a specific compatibility error if it wasn’t). It was added in the November 2021 update.

I believe SwordofWhedon may have been going by the list here https://www.xbox.com/games/backward-compatibility which doesn’t seem to have been updated to reflect the most recent additions as a few games (Forza Horizon is another example) incorrectly don’t appear on there, and I’ve pointed this out to the team.

The game has an FPS boost and enhanced resolution and HDR on Xbox One and Series X|S, resulting in improved visual gameplay overall.

https://www.trueachievements.com/backwards-compatibility/games

This is all the games added in the November 2021 update for the Xbox 20th anniversary:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

[​IMG]

I’m not sure if the game would work if you purchased it again, especially as you’ve already tried various troubleshooting steps. The game licence error shouldn’t occur if you purchase a disk as a workaround - at least this way you can play it from any account/profile, and then you can always trade or sell it or give it to a friend.

In fact, the disk is actually cheaper than the digital version. I’m not sure your country, but here in the UK, it’s currently £15.99 on the Xbox Store or around £5 for a preowned disk from eBay. Just be sure to get one with no scratches or anything.

If you still want to troubleshoot this issue, I’ll escalate this thread or you can of course contact support directly for assistance in real-time if you prefer.

Feel welcome to share an update on this here anytime :)

Hope this helps.
  3. Lucy Fechova Win User

Hi,

Thank you for the replies.

@SwordofWhedon:

The gane should be compatible based on the store and link where I bought it as it is written it is XBOX ONE compatible: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/fear-3/9p9sdtlgw400

I also bought FEAR 2 there and it worked perfectly.

@RainingRoses:

1. No it does not. I am buying games normally this way. I even bought FEAR 2 and it worked perfectly. There were some problems with Injustice 1 but the game worked besides Zatanna appearing in the game and then dissapearing but overall it worked.

2. This is the strange part. First the game was downloaded normally when I paid for it and when I tried to run it I get the error message that I need a disc of the game and that I do not own the game. So based ont he instructions I have unistalled the game, restarted Xbox twice by both methods and when I went to the store again it requested money from me again that I do not own the game but in the order history I have proof that I bought the game as order number 3876868928. Sadly now I cannot even instal the game again as it wants money again and I am not willing to buy it again until I get atleast the refund or this will get solved. I would preffer if this can be solved.

3. No I do not have a XBOX 360 so that is out of the option.

I have bought the game here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/fear-3/9p9sdtlgw400 as most of the games I buy. I have tried everything what was there to be done but it seems the system did not register that I bought the game even when it was paid and processed based on the billing and download.

Hope this explain it.

I have already requested a refund and informed them about this issue as I am not able to download the game again after reading the responses here. I would need to know if I buy it again will it work now?

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Best regards,
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Lucy,

A few questions:

1. Does this issue also occur with other titles?
    2. Do you receive any specific error code when trying to play or does it simply just say that you don’t own the game?
    3. Do you have an Xbox 360 to see if you can successfully launch/play the game on there?

Also, this shouldn’t make a difference, but just to confirm - did you purchase the game through the Xbox One/Series X|S Store (xbox.com) or the Xbox 360 Marketplace (marketplace.xbox.com)?
  5. RainingRoses Win User

Hey Lucy,

Sorry for not updating this thread for a while. If you decide to purchase the game again, let me know if you still receive the same error.

I’ve been discussing this topic with the team and they believe that there may have just been a temporary outage at the time. It should be okay now :)
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Fear 3 is not backwards compatible and only playable on Xbox 360

Go backwards compatibility program has ended and all titles that are legally and technologically capable of being added have been

You can find a list of BC titles below

You can request a refund at https://account.xbox.com

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backward-compatibility
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 game bought but not playable - Similar Threads - 360 game bought

2. I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...: It was tested on an original Xbox and it worked. I downloaded the most recent update, and even still, it will not work. I have checked, and it is on the list of those that SHOULD be compatible. It...
  3. Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?: I bought Phantasy Star Universe: Ambitions of the Illumnis for the 360, it's not even an option on Xbox One. d25c2c75-851e-4242-bfa6-62c811e84429
  4. I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in...: I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in German, can I somehow change it to English or Polish? 7726f092-0487-4cb1-98db-1f6e57105010
  5. just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...: bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its doing it with all my 360 games e9df6b40-85c6-47d0-80d4-805a8bb1e817
  6. I bought a backwards compatible game and it doesnt show up on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a backwards compatible game and it doesnt show up on 360: I bought Rare Replay since it had a bunch of 360 games bundled in, but when i try to download any of them on my xbox 360 it still tells me that i need to buy them, do i need to rebuy them to play...
  7. Can I play a 360 game I bought on my xbox one on 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play a 360 game I bought on my xbox one on 360?: I bought a xbox 360 game on my xbox one so can I play it also on my xbox 360? fe25df41-48ca-4b06-9cf0-a68113aff743
  8. Can't access delisted Xbox 360 game that I bought.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access delisted Xbox 360 game that I bought.: I recently started using my Xbox 360 again and when I tried to play Sonic CD, it was just the demo version. I can't download the full version. I have bought it on another account on the Xbox 360...
  9. Bought and downloaded xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 but now it says I do not own the game and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought and downloaded xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 but now it says I do not own the game and...: Bought and dow loaded the bureau and all dlc. The dlc shows as owned but not the game. 47cf1577-c605-416c-9316-f3c1563230cd
  10. I bought and downloaded Manhunt (2003) on my XBOX 360. When attempting to launch the game,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought and downloaded Manhunt (2003) on my XBOX 360. When attempting to launch the game,...: Today, I bought Manhunt 1 on my xbox 360 using a gift card. After downloading, I attempted to launch the game. However, I was unable to, because I kept getting an error screen reading "The game...