xbox 360 friends are not linked with xbox app

Discus and support xbox 360 friends are not linked with xbox app in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; i am trying to add a friend on xbox 360 but when he sent me a friend request it appeared on my pc's xbox app and when i accepted it he did not appear... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Zakari williams, Nov 29, 2022.

1. xbox 360 friends are not linked with xbox app

i am trying to add a friend on xbox 360 but when he sent me a friend request it appeared on my pc's xbox app and when i accepted it he did not appear on my 360 but only on the xbox app. when i attempted to send a request from my xbox 360 a previously unknown restrictiton was set, preventing me from sending the request, apparently my mother needed to put in her e-mail password into the xbox but the code was "wrong" even after multiple attempts. one strange thing is that no restrictions were in place on the xbox app and i had no trouble accepting his freind request. i need to know if there is a way to sync friends between the xbox app and my xbox 360?

thank you for your time.

xbox 360 friends are not linked with xbox app [​IMG]

:)

Zakari williams, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Zakari williams Win User

When me and the operator changed the settings the problem persisted But i think some time me in the future i will buy a xbox one
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hi Zakari williams,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

I'm sorry if you are having issues adding your friend on Xbox 360. Based on the image you posted, you are getting this error due to safety restrictions from the Organizer or the Family. Hence you are requested for the organizer to login with her account.

If you had forgotten the password of the Organizers account you may follow the link below to recover it

Reset a forgotten Microsoft account password - Microsoft Support

Once password is changed you can have the organizer login or remove the restrictions for you

Manage a member’s content in the Xbox Family Settings app | Xbox Support

Adjust Online Communication Level

Organizers in the family group can view or change how members can communicate with other players while they’re online. Organizers can also customize whether members can follow other gamers.

1. Open the Xbox Family Settings app on your mobile device, and then go to Settings.
    2. Select the Social tile to view or change how members can communicate with other players while they’re online. Organizers can also customize whether members can follow other gamers.
    Note Some games allow for cross-network communication with players outside of the Xbox service. To adjust these settings, select the Cross-network play tile, and then select the communication level for the member in your family group.

To learn more about online safety settings for messaging, see:

Safety settings for Xbox messages

Xbox 360 Friends list may appear on you Xbox App if added via Xbox 360

And if friends are added vis Xbox App they will not appear via the Xbox 360

So, you need to add them Via the Xbox 360.

This goes the same thing as the Xbox One and Xbox 360 friends

Viewing your Xbox One friends on your Xbox 360 friends list | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. Elohmn Win User

Linking Friends on Xbox 360?

It sounds as if the person you are trying to send a Friends Request has their Privacy Settings set to not allow any Messages from anyone. They will need to correct that from their end or they will need to send the Friends Request
    to your Profile.
  6. WPAK Win User

Preview program app and forum access

Hi there,

there is no link to download the preview app, the Xbox 360 preview program does not have an invitation option and does not require a preview app download.

If you mean the Xbox One preview then please post in the Xbox One forum section, but be aware that an invitation (which can be done by friends in the preview) will not guarantee you will be accepted to the program. Once accepted you will receive a Xbox Live
    Message with a code to download the preview app there is no external link.
Thema:

1. xbox 360 friends are not linked with xbox app - Similar Threads - 360 friends are

2. How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?: I know that xbox live gold now is game pass core, but i want to be sure that when i will redeem game pass core code i would be able to play online. be780707-f773-462d-b006-4b52ef2c6e44
  3. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  4. Is Xbox 360 servers been switched of mine and many friends can't connect to the internet or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox 360 servers been switched of mine and many friends can't connect to the internet or...: My 360 won't connect to the internet or Xbox live what's going on with it? d540d841-359c-4bb6-b1c5-90d344bc8bbd
  5. i got a 360 xbox from a friend without a hard drive can i still reset it to factory default

in XBoX on Consoles
    i got a 360 xbox from a friend without a hard drive can i still reset it to factory default: i have got a x box 360 from my friend without a hard drive,can i still reset it to factory default 3d9bd2d3-ce2f-47f0-9c83-26c509fc69ae
  6. I can't connect to a friend in Meincraft Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to a friend in Meincraft Xbox 360: My friend added me as a friend on the Xbox 360, but on my Xbox for some reason it is not in friends, so I can not connect to it in minecraft 55f3ba68-cc9f-4ff9-b21d-97157b9c9813
  7. My friend is trying to get the online pass for dead space 3 and when he gets to the 360...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend is trying to get the online pass for dead space 3 and when he gets to the 360...: We are both on Xbox ones attempting to play dead space 3 via ea play. Is there any way to fix or work around this error? cf1e1896-f06f-4367-9e73-3ffaa75eb6f9
  8. Why can't me and my friend add each other on 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't me and my friend add each other on 360?: So me and my friend are trying to add each other through the 360 and through backwards compatible games, so we can play older games together, and yet neither of us can see the requests despite it...
  9. Accepting a friend request on XBOX 1X from someone with an xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Accepting a friend request on XBOX 1X from someone with an xbox 360?: Both me and my friend have mutually added each other as friends but for some reason its still not letting us join certain games together or an xbox party. please help...
  10. Can I and my friend play Far Cry 4 online together on Xbox 360 and Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I and my friend play Far Cry 4 online together on Xbox 360 and Xbox One?: I play Far Cry 4 on the Xbox 360 and my friend on the Xbox one, but I can't invite him and he can't invite me, so I wanted to ask if you can play Far Cry 4 on the Xbox 360 and Xbox one together...