XBOX 360 - Family Passcode still on after Factory Reset

Discus and support XBOX 360 - Family Passcode still on after Factory Reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, I'm trying to factory reset my Xbox 360 so I can donate it to my classroom. However, the parent passcode that was on there ages ago (and long... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ms.SuperN7, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Ms.SuperN7
    Ms.SuperN7 Guest

Hey all, I'm trying to factory reset my Xbox 360 so I can donate it to my classroom. However, the parent passcode that was on there ages ago (and long forgotten) is still on there after following through with the Factory Reset Process described on the Xbox help page.

Any suggestions? Further assistance?

:)

Ms.SuperN7, Mar 15, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Ms.SuperN7, If you want to reset the family code, try following the procedures below.

Sign in to your Microsoft account and go to the Devices tab. Locate your registered Xbox 360 console and select Show Details. Select Manage, select Reset passcode and then follow the instructions to reset your pass code.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/security/forg...

This will allow you to change it or delete it completely.
  3. MLange73 Win User

How do I get pass the pass code on my Xbox360

If you've forgotten your Xbox Live gamertag's passcode you just delete and redownload your profile. This will clear the profile of any passcode. Now, if you've forgotten your XBOX 360's Family passcode then you need to contact phone support, there's absolutely
    no way to reset it manually by yourself without speaking with phone support. Worst case scenario is that you will have to "Reset to Factory Defaults" to clear the forgotten Family Passcode.
    I don't believe even a factory reset will clear a lost family passcode. You would have to contact Support for that.
  4. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

How do I get pass the pass code on my Xbox360

Hi FamilyTrack5450,

I'm sorry you lost your passcode. Please let us know if it is the profile passcode or the family passcode.

If you've forgotten your Xbox Live gamertag's passcode you just delete and redownload your profile. This will clear the profile of any passcode. Now, if you've forgotten your XBOX 360's Family passcode then you need to contact phone support, there's absolutely
    no way to reset it manually by yourself without speaking with phone support. Worst case scenario is that you will have to "Reset to Factory Defaults" to clear the forgotten Family Passcode.

Good Luck to you!

Hit Upvote if this Helps!
  5. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

I have forgotten my parent control password and my back up questions and I want to disable them

If you can't remember your family passcode, your 360 will have to be factory reset to clear that passcode (which is the reason madman32395 is referring you to Official Xbox support). Unfortunately, this will also delete everything from your console as well.

Hit Upvote if this Helps!
  6. WPAK Win User

parents control

Hi there,

If you are referring to a Xbox 360 that still has a Family Passcode set up on the console, then please do the following:

In order to reset a family passcode you will need to contact Xbox Support, They will need the serial ID of the console and will do something on their end, after which they will guide you through the steps to reset it on your end.

To contact Xbox Support (Phone or Microsoft Support Chat) via
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 - Family Passcode still on after Factory Reset - Similar Threads - 360 Family Passcode

2. How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360: Heyy n I've tried almost everything to remove the family setting but it not working out Is the anything I could do to remove or restart the console fb9bf81c-b458-48eb-ad5b-5cf97f944411
  3. How to reset passcode and reset question to Xbox 360 family settings without Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reset passcode and reset question to Xbox 360 family settings without Xbox live: I bought a 360 console with games downloaded on the hard drive, from the Facebook marketplace. I tried downloading my profile, but i don't know the passcode or it's reset question...
  4. How to reset family passcode on Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reset family passcode on Xbox 360: I need to reset my family passcode on Xbox 360 how do i do that 15b589e1-5681-4fcb-96de-de50d29e4f65
  5. I need to bypass family controls reset due to parental controls x 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to bypass family controls reset due to parental controls x 360: I can't factory reset due to parental controls 6e482b2f-23ea-447d-a12e-cfffc780f9d8
  6. I need help with my Xbox 360 family passcode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with my Xbox 360 family passcode: I need help resetting family passcode 6df05ed9-032a-466b-9023-5ecda223aaa4
  7. How to overide family password on 2nd hand Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    How to overide family password on 2nd hand Xbox 360: Got 2nd hand 360. Cant find out how to make it allow adult games. Help!!! Norma 8dc101e4-be61-4639-bcb3-d38a9e47fca3
  8. My family code for my Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    My family code for my Xbox 360: Can you send me my code for my family passcode 3e952e34-3898-4024-967e-3873f7620046
  9. Does anyone know how to get rid of family settings on a second hand Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know how to get rid of family settings on a second hand Xbox 360?: I have recently bought an Xbox 360 and have found that there are family settings on it which I do not have the code to. da9ff7b8-6016-4d1b-85e7-0e81c8f9307a
  10. I was logged in my Xbox 360 and I factory reset it because of the family settings.. well...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was logged in my Xbox 360 and I factory reset it because of the family settings.. well...: Hi I'm wondering how I can download my profile back to my Xbox 360.. I factory reset it and now it won't let me download my profile saying I'm already signed in a Xbox...