Xbox 360 ethernet port problem

Discus and support Xbox 360 ethernet port problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. recently i got a problem with my 360. my console is 100% original but I'm having a problem with ethernet cable. I wanted to log in Xbox live to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrunaRamos4, Oct 25, 2022.

1. BrunaRamos4
    BrunaRamos4 Guest

Hi. recently i got a problem with my 360. my console is 100% original but I'm having a problem with ethernet cable.

I wanted to log in Xbox live to play games online but i don't know why, when i go to ethernet settings, the cable connection option flashes a white check mark (as if its connected but with bad contact).

i made sure that my cable isn't with bad contact before searching for help.

anyone knows why this happening to me?

:)

BrunaRamos4, Oct 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BrunaRamos4

We can try to isolate the problem a bit more, please tell me:

Are you able to test with a different cable to see if the issue persist?

If you test the connection with a wireless connection, do you experience a similar problem or not at all?

And, may I know if you tried everything from these articles?

https://support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/...

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. aileronroll Win User

Problem with Ethernet Port

Hi there! Just a quick question: have you checked on the router? It might be that it needs to be power-cycled to refresh the connection to the ISP.
  4. Ruthless Tenjin Win User

Problem with Ethernet Port

As aileronroll has stated, giving your modem and/or router a power cycle could possibly be a good try. It happens to everyone once in a while. If the issue still persists, I would suggest testing your connection speed via speedtest.net and see if there is
    a very low download and upload. If nothing seems out of the ordinary there, your best bet is simply that the ethernet port is dying and you need to either send the console in for repairs or obtain another. I hope this helps!
  5. Mythic xSagex Win User

Ethernet cord not detected

There is no lights on the ethernet port on the Xbox 360 console.
  6. GMAN990 Win User

Can't Connect Xbox 360 Slim Wireless Or Xbox 360 Wired Console

Ok, try a different Ethernet cable and a different port on the router, even try the slim on that Ethernet cable (as a test)

If a different Ethernet cable and/or router port does not help or putting the Slim in the place of the older 360 does work on that Ethernet cable then the Xbox Ethernet port is damaged I'm afraid and will have to be repaired by Microsoft.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 ethernet port problem - Similar Threads - 360 ethernet port

2. Xbox 360 connects to Ethernet but not Xbox live/internet???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to Ethernet but not Xbox live/internet???: I have an Ethernet connected to my Xbox 360 (which hasn’t been set up in 3 years) we use this Ethernet cord for other consoles so we know it works but when I test the connection it says: Network:...
  3. Question about using Starlink Internet on Xbox 360 (using Ethernet)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about using Starlink Internet on Xbox 360 (using Ethernet): I’ve been using starlink for almost a year now and it’s been really good for the Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation Consoles and Nintendo consoles and my PC but strangely just on Xbox 360 my...
  4. Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender: My xbox 360 is unable to connect to the internet when I plugged an ethernet cord from it into the TP-Link RE220 wifi extender. Any solutions? [img] 6064f194-0718-4ab3-be45-d2ecd51efcf9
  5. Xbox 360 won't connect to internet without ethernet cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't connect to internet without ethernet cable: Hello, our Xbox 360 shows "Test Failed. There's a problem with your connection. Let's try to fix it," When I attempt to connect to our home network. However, there is no problem with our home...
  6. What Ethernet chip did the Xbox 360 use

in XBoX on Windows
    What Ethernet chip did the Xbox 360 use: My Xbox 360 has a broken Ethernet chip and I need to know what chip it is 091d51a5-824f-4d5b-abc6-1634b79e943b
  7. Xbox 360 connected via ethernet but cannot access Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connected via ethernet but cannot access Xbox live: Problem is just as it says - my 360 is connected to the internet via an ethernet connection, but I'm not getting through to Xbox Live. Nothing has changed with my setup, and I've restarted my...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim not detecting Ethernet cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Slim not detecting Ethernet cable: I have a Ethernet cable connect to the back of my Xbox 360 and the other end to the router and the Xbox 360 said there wasn’t and Ethernet cable plugged in even though there was and I test that...
  9. I think my Xbox 360's ethernet card/port is slower than the internal wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I think my Xbox 360's ethernet card/port is slower than the internal wireless...: So I've had this issue since the October 2012 dashboard update I was beta testing for and it seems that in games like gears of war, shoot many robots, etc. (games that seem to have delayed action...
  10. XBOX 360 ethernet port trouble

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 ethernet port trouble: So I'll start by saying hello. I've never posted here and I hope all goes well, now, onto my problem. I have an Xbox 360 in my living room that is plugged directly into my BT hub for the internet....