Xbox 360 - ESPN app keeps turning closed captioning back on

Discus and support Xbox 360 - ESPN app keeps turning closed captioning back on in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I turned off closed captions in the Xbox 360 System Settings menu, but some of my video apps keep turning closed captions back on when I start the app.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by wonderand, Jun 12, 2014.

  1. wonderand
    wonderand Guest

    Xbox 360 - ESPN app keeps turning closed captioning back on


    I turned off closed captions in the Xbox 360 System Settings menu, but some of my video apps keep turning closed captions back on when I start the app. The ESPN app in particular turns them back on every time I start it.

    I deleted my profile, cleared the cache, then re-downloaded the profile but the problem keeps happening. Any advice on how to further troubleshoot this issue?

    :)
     
    wonderand, Jun 12, 2014
    #1
  2. narrator

    Thanks for reaching out, LintyQuasar95!

    There's more information in the
    Movies & TV Xbox 360 Guide
    that can help you adjust closed captioning and other accessibility settings within the app.
     
    Mister Quasar, Jun 12, 2014
    #2
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    The game is displayed on half the screen

    Hi, check your tv settings for something named Closed Captions or something similar and turn that off. Also check the closed captions option on the xbox itself.

    .

    support.xbox.com/.../closed-captioning
     
    EggsBoxJuan, Jun 12, 2014
    #3
  4. StativeBeatle65 Win User

    Can't turn off closed captions

    Okay I think I found a fix. Go into the Youtube App in Xbox 360 and find a video with closed captions. I just searched "closed caption" and chose the first video. Closed captions automatically came on, so I pressed "A" and went to "CC" on the option bar
    and clicked to turn captions off.

    Went into Gamecenter Live and the captions were gone!
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

    espn+

    Hi Keith,

    Thanks for the reply. If you are seeing captions on all your content (not just the espn+ app), then you do have the capability to
    change the closed captioning settings on the Xbox One.

    Closed captioning is available when you watch supported DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, and many on-demand video services.

    1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings.
    3. Choose Ease of Access, and then select Closed captioning.
    4. Turn closed captioning on or off and set a custom style.
    Give these steps a try and let us know the results.

    I hope this helps a bit more.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

    The game is displayed on half the screen

    Hi, check your tv settings for something named Closed Captions or something similar and turn that off. Also check the closed captions option on the xbox itself.

    .

    support.xbox.com/.../closed-captioning
  7. PalmettoBling Win User

    How do I turn off Described Video?

  8. R4VER Win User

    Turn off Movie Narrator on xBox 360!!

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/apps/closed-captioning
Thema:

Xbox 360 - ESPN app keeps turning closed captioning back on

Loading...
  1. Xbox 360 - ESPN app keeps turning closed captioning back on - Similar Threads - 360 ESPN app

  2. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  3. Quand est-ce que je pourrais jouer à mes jeux 360 favoris sur serie x ? ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Quand est-ce que je pourrais jouer à mes jeux 360 favoris sur serie x ? ?: Salut tout le monde,Suite à l'excellente nouvelle récente concernant le retour de l'équipe de rétrocompatibilité chez Xbox, Je voulais vraiment partager ma liste de souhaits de jeux classiques...
  4. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  5. 360 games (hub games update) will be available to Xbox One family?

    in XboX Insiders
    360 games (hub games update) will be available to Xbox One family?: And I wonder if there's updates for Xbox One family as well on the next weeks submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]
  6. Where is the 360 Game Hub update for the beta ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    Where is the 360 Game Hub update for the beta ring?: It has been stuck without updates since July 1st. When will it arrive? submitted by /u/LordKobeeruZ [link] [comments]
  7. Having trouble playing my 360 games on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Having trouble playing my 360 games on Series X: Im trying to play my downloaded 360 games on my series X and it's a no go. It goes to download profile then I get the message cant connect. Even though my series X says online connected,...
  8. How come the Xbox 360 game art has this black bar under it in the new poster style UI for...

    in XboX Insiders
    How come the Xbox 360 game art has this black bar under it in the new poster style UI for...: When looking at the installed games, all Xbox 360 titles have a black bar underneath them while the Xbox One/Series editions of games don't? submitted by /u/EchoJPR [link] [comments]
  9. Issue with 360 games not showing up.in download history

    in XboX Insiders
    Issue with 360 games not showing up.in download history: I recently bought the sonic legacy collection on my series x and all the games in this bundle are on the xbox 360 so I went to download them and they just weren't listed in my download history. I...
  10. ESPN NFL 2k5 on Xbox 360 not working anymore!!! Need help!!!

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    ESPN NFL 2k5 on Xbox 360 not working anymore!!! Need help!!!: Been enjoying NFL 2K5 for years on my 360 and all of sudden i get an error saying "This original Xbox game has encountered a problem and can't continue. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support...