Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive Transfer Question

Discus and support Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive Transfer Question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can I use my 120GB HDD from my Xbox 360 Elite system on another 360 Elite system and still have all of my data intact?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by foxwarrior88, Oct 5, 2020.

1. foxwarrior88
    foxwarrior88 Guest

Can I use my 120GB HDD from my Xbox 360 Elite system on another 360 Elite system and still have all of my data intact?

:)

foxwarrior88, Oct 5, 2020
  2. usc1903-F36EA084-687 Win User

HDD ( Hard Drive ) not detected in my Xbox 360

To transfer data from one Xbox 360 hard drive to another, you’ll need the following:

• Xbox 360 console
    • Current hard drive (must be smaller than the new drive)
    • New hard drive (Leet recommends 120GB or 250GB)
    • USB pen drive (Leet recommends two 16GB devices) or Microsoft Xbox 360 data transfer kit
    Follow these steps to transfer your data:

Using an Xbox 360 data transfer cable

This is ideal for transferring data from an old hard drive to a new drive on an Xbox 360 Elite console.

1. Connect your old hard drive to your new Elite console.

2. Turn the Xbox on and connect the big end of the transfer cable to the bigger hard drive.

3. Plug in the USB end of the cable to a USB port on the Elite 360.

4. Insert the bundled disc into your Elite and follow the steps.

5. When the transfer is done (it may take up to an hour or so), disconnect the smaller hard drive, turn off your machine and plug in the new hard drive. Viol .

Transferring without an Xbox 360 transfer kit

We recommend this method for installing a new hard drive onto an old-style Xbox 360.

1. Switch on your Xbox 360 console and insert a USB pen drive.

2. Press the Xbox guide button on your controller and head to the far-right menu. Select ‘Memory’.

3. Select the pen drive and follow the steps to format it if you need to (make sure you transfer any important files to a computer before wiping it).

4. Press Y to transfer data, then select the data you want to transfer (make sure you choose your gamertag profile, system settings and any game saves you want to keep).

5. Once the data has been moved to the USB pen, remove the drive and turn off the Xbox 360, before unplugging it from the mains and removing any cables attached to the console.

6. Remove your old hard drive. Place your 360 vertically and push in the button to the left of the hard drive, then remove.

7. Insert your new hard drive. Ensure it clips in correctly.

8. Plug in your 360 again and switch it on.

9. Insert the USB pen drive with your data on it.

10. Go to ‘Memory’ and select the pen drive. Transfer all the data across to your new hard drive.

11. If you need to transfer more data from your old hard drive, turn off the machine again and plug in your old hard drive. Turn it on, transfer more data to the USB pen drive, and repeat steps 5 to 10.

12. You may need to transfer ownership rights of any downloaded content to your new hard drive. A prompt will flash up on screen if this is the case – follow the steps online to transfer rights to your new hard drive.
    Note: You can only do this once every 12 months.
  3. Windows10XboxOne Win User

Red ring of death

Forgot to mention you could buy a transfer cable to move all your files from the elite hard drive to your new slim as an alternative.
  4. davemcfly85 Win User

Xbox 360 Hard Drives

no the older clip on the outside hard drives on the white 360s and the later elites are NOT compatible with the slim models. only a 250 or 320 gig drive that goes INSIDE the 360 slim will work sorry. but you CAN transfer the data from that drive to the
    other 360 once you have the hard drive in there. you just need to get a data transfer cable like this one:

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable
    good luck!
  5. HassanB Win User

Trouble playing original xbox games

Hello,

You cannot use the hard drive in the transfer cable mode to play original Xbox games. The hard drive needs to be an original Xbox 360 hard drive and it also needs to either go inside the console if you have a Xbox 360 S, or on top of the console if you have
    an Original Xbox 360 / Xbox 360 Elite.

Instructions on how to install a hard drive can be found here.
  6. voteDC Win User

Official Transfer Cable. Anyone got one?

Is this the old hard drive transfer cable for the fat 360 or the one for the Slim?

My transfer cable that I got with my Elite is still sitting in my draw.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive Transfer Question - Similar Threads - 360 Elite Hard

2. from where can i download xbox 360 games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    from where can i download xbox 360 games?: i want to download and put in my hard drive. how to do that? dd77f015-f90f-4055-b629-5323f3a6eb82
  3. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  4. Xbox 360 game Internet not working on Xbox One s.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 game Internet not working on Xbox One s.: So, I'm trying to play an Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one like I've done so many times before, but it won't let me connect to the Internet, I tried following a closed thread on how to fix it by...
  5. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  6. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  7. Xbox 360 Elite power supply light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite power supply light: I have a Xbox 360 Elite and the power supply light is orange when I am using the console. Is this normal? Thanks ec522ef2-d4f1-4329-809d-b632280e2257
  8. While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...: When I’m using my elite controller, I try to go in the 360 game my mic doesn’t work but if I switch to a normal controller it does work but not with my elite controller...
  9. Updated faild Xbox 360 elite 2014

in XBoX Accessibility
    Updated faild Xbox 360 elite 2014: [img] Can't process the update. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support. Status Code: 4451-4497-1381-0300 - C800-0036 Any help please 82021126-55fa-4e11-9b8b-dd779a407771
  10. Xbox 360 Elite Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite Problems: so, the other day i bought an xbox 360 Elite manufactured in January 2008 with a Falcon V1 motherboard. The first 2 times i powered it on it had RROD, showing "general hardware failure" but the...