XBox 360 Elite Freezing during boot up until I remove Hard Drive help!

Discus and support XBox 360 Elite Freezing during boot up until I remove Hard Drive help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Craziest thing and it seems to be in the boot up sequence. I have the XBox 360 with the 320 Gb hard drive. I turn on with the hard drive in the 360 and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bmwbikerchick, Jan 4, 2014.

1. XBox 360 Elite Freezing during boot up until I remove Hard Drive help!

Craziest thing and it seems to be in the boot up sequence. I have the XBox 360 with the 320 Gb hard drive. I turn on with the hard drive in the 360 and it goes through the initial XBox logo screen then right after that freezes where the grey is colored
    circle is going around like it is loading and thinking. It will remain in this state for over 1 minute. I then remove the hard drive while it is in this state and it will reboot, remain on and go right to the main menu. I can then reinstall the hard drive
    while it is still powered on and it will reboot again and load just fine and recognize the hard drive and function completely normal. If I reboot it again by turning the system off then on again, I get the same result of freezing. If I remove the hard drive
    and do a hard reboot, it will freeze on the XBox logo screen. I have cleared cache, formatted hard drive and installed latest update and come up with same result. Sounds like a hard reboot glitch and hope someone can help me out! Thank you - Mary

:)

bmwbikerchick, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Xbox 360 Freezing When Starting Up

Hi there.

Freezing can be caused by many things. I see that its freezing on boot up.The easiest way to check if its your console, profile, or hdd is to remove your hdd and try to boot your console.

Remove your HDD by following these easy step by step directions

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

Please let us know what happens after you reboot without the hdd in.

xxALICEinOZxx, Jan 4, 2014
  3. MB5656
    MB5656 Guest
    I can connect to xbox live, however....

try this:

Turn off your console.

Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 E console or Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.

Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.

Turn on the console

Try updating the console again.

also try this:

Reset XBOX 360 Failed System Updates

With the console off, press and hold the sync up button.

While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console

Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.

During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.

hope this helps

MB5656, Jan 4, 2014
  4. MB5656 Win User

I can connect to xbox live, however....

try this:

Turn off your console.

Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 E console or Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.

Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.

Turn on the console

Try updating the console again.

also try this:

Reset XBOX 360 Failed System Updates

With the console off, press and hold the sync up button.

While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console

Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.

During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.

hope this helps
  5. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Xbox Freezing on Startup

If you remove the Hard Drive and boot up the console, does it still freeze?
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Solid red light on Xbox 360

Can you turn the console off and
    remove the hard drive from the console
    ?

After removing the hard drive, try starting the console. Does it start now? Then the hard drive became corrupted, during the format. Check that the hard drive is really an original Xbox 360 hard drive, and not a third party Xbox 360 compatible hard drive.

If the console still shows a solid red light check your TV, if it shows an error message.

If an error message is shown, please post the exact wording.

If the console still doesn't boot up, it might be defective. However, Microsoft stopped servicing Xbox 360 consoles, so you won't get it repaired anymore.
  7. taidara Win User

Xbox Wont Load Dashboard?

Hey there BeamishPoet!

Try boot up the dashboard wihout the hard drive.

With your Xbox turned off,
    remove the hard drive
    and turn on your console. Wait until the dashboard is completely booted up. Turn off your console and reattach the hard drive. Turn on your console.

If the problem still persists, try delete your profile (Delete Profile Only) and download your profile from LIVE.

Here's how!

Post back and let us know if you were helped by this.
  8. xxALICEinOZxx Win User

Xbox 360 Freezing When Starting Up

Hi there.

Freezing can be caused by many things. I see that its freezing on boot up.The easiest way to check if its your console, profile, or hdd is to remove your hdd and try to boot your console.

Remove your HDD by following these easy step by step directions

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

Please let us know what happens after you reboot without the hdd in.
Thema:

XBox 360 Elite Freezing during boot up until I remove Hard Drive help!

1. XBox 360 Elite Freezing during boot up until I remove Hard Drive help! - Similar Threads - 360 Elite Freezing

2. When I try to download My Microsoft account on to my Xbox 360 elite is it in valid...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to download My Microsoft account on to my Xbox 360 elite is it in valid...: How can I download my profile to my Xbox 360 e997ce71-6074-49c8-9ad1-d4b20e3ae2d1
  3. No Signal From HDMI On My Old Xbox 360 Elite

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Signal From HDMI On My Old Xbox 360 Elite: Hello, I still have my old Xbox 360 Elite and unfortunately on some TV I cannot have a HDMI signal from it. If I'd use a computer monitor, I can have signal but on some TV, I cannot. I'm always...
  4. Need Xbox 360 Elite (Winchester Motherboard) Schematic. Microsoft service center refused to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Xbox 360 Elite (Winchester Motherboard) Schematic. Microsoft service center refused to...: Need Urgently Xbox 360 E Schematic. Now i turn it on with red power button. My favourite Console is now dead 07807915-3ac6-4611-8310-8cd505070fbf
  5. Unable to make purchases or start downloads on my Xbox 360 Elite console store or on my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to make purchases or start downloads on my Xbox 360 Elite console store or on my...: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 Elite, and up until yesterday I was able to buy games and download them from the Game Store on the console. On Oct 6, at around 10-11pm, I added $60.00 to my...
  6. Fixing Xbox 360 Elite disc ejector.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fixing Xbox 360 Elite disc ejector.: When I press Open disc on the menu of an Xbox 360 or when I press the manually check button the disk tries to open but fails and re closes. Afterwards, I tried using my add on HD DVD drive but it...
  7. Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive Transfer Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive Transfer Question: Can I use my 120GB HDD from my Xbox 360 Elite system on another 360 Elite system and still have all of my data intact? 559b0236-cbe0-40c9-8871-a216d840e56a
  8. Xbox 360 Elite Repair Help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite Repair Help: I'm looking to send my Xbox 360 Elite to get repaired and am trying to find out what I need to do to get that done (ie. where to go, how much it'll cost, where to send it to, etc.). Before...
  9. X-Box 360 Elite Freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X-Box 360 Elite Freezing: Hi, Recently my xbox has been freezing persistently. The first time it occurred was when I was playing a digital copy of darksiders 2 where the game will freeze then when I tried to restart it...
  10. When playing a downloaded Sniper Elite 3 in the 7th mission my xbox 360 freezes and must be ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing a downloaded Sniper Elite 3 in the 7th mission my xbox 360 freezes and must be ...: the game and downloaded it again but not cleaned my cache ,I don t wantt lose my saved games and progress. Anybody knows what to do ? 68347be0-4b50-42f8-8306-eeae194f49ab