XBox 360 Elite Freezing during boot up until I remove Hard Drive help!

Discus and support XBox 360 Elite Freezing during boot up until I remove Hard Drive help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Craziest thing and it seems to be in the boot up sequence. I have the XBox 360 with the 320 Gb hard drive. I turn on with the hard drive in the 360 and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bmwbikerchick, Jan 4, 2014.

1. XBox 360 Elite Freezing during boot up until I remove Hard Drive help!

Craziest thing and it seems to be in the boot up sequence. I have the XBox 360 with the 320 Gb hard drive. I turn on with the hard drive in the 360 and it goes through the initial XBox logo screen then right after that freezes where the grey is colored
    circle is going around like it is loading and thinking. It will remain in this state for over 1 minute. I then remove the hard drive while it is in this state and it will reboot, remain on and go right to the main menu. I can then reinstall the hard drive
    while it is still powered on and it will reboot again and load just fine and recognize the hard drive and function completely normal. If I reboot it again by turning the system off then on again, I get the same result of freezing. If I remove the hard drive
    and do a hard reboot, it will freeze on the XBox logo screen. I have cleared cache, formatted hard drive and installed latest update and come up with same result. Sounds like a hard reboot glitch and hope someone can help me out! Thank you - Mary

:)

bmwbikerchick, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Xbox 360 Freezing When Starting Up

Hi there.

Freezing can be caused by many things. I see that its freezing on boot up.The easiest way to check if its your console, profile, or hdd is to remove your hdd and try to boot your console.

Remove your HDD by following these easy step by step directions

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

Please let us know what happens after you reboot without the hdd in.

xxALICEinOZxx, Jan 4, 2014
  3. MB5656
    MB5656 Guest
    I can connect to xbox live, however....

try this:

Turn off your console.

Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 E console or Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.

Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.

Turn on the console

Try updating the console again.

also try this:

Reset XBOX 360 Failed System Updates

With the console off, press and hold the sync up button.

While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console

Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.

During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.

hope this helps

MB5656, Jan 4, 2014
  4. MB5656 Win User

I can connect to xbox live, however....

try this:

Turn off your console.

Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 E console or Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.

Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.

Turn on the console

Try updating the console again.

also try this:

Reset XBOX 360 Failed System Updates

With the console off, press and hold the sync up button.

While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console

Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.

During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.

hope this helps
  5. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Xbox Freezing on Startup

If you remove the Hard Drive and boot up the console, does it still freeze?
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Solid red light on Xbox 360

Can you turn the console off and
    remove the hard drive from the console
    ?

After removing the hard drive, try starting the console. Does it start now? Then the hard drive became corrupted, during the format. Check that the hard drive is really an original Xbox 360 hard drive, and not a third party Xbox 360 compatible hard drive.

If the console still shows a solid red light check your TV, if it shows an error message.

If an error message is shown, please post the exact wording.

If the console still doesn't boot up, it might be defective. However, Microsoft stopped servicing Xbox 360 consoles, so you won't get it repaired anymore.
  7. taidara Win User

Xbox Wont Load Dashboard?

Hey there BeamishPoet!

Try boot up the dashboard wihout the hard drive.

With your Xbox turned off,
    remove the hard drive
    and turn on your console. Wait until the dashboard is completely booted up. Turn off your console and reattach the hard drive. Turn on your console.

If the problem still persists, try delete your profile (Delete Profile Only) and download your profile from LIVE.

Here's how!

Post back and let us know if you were helped by this.
  8. xxALICEinOZxx Win User

Xbox 360 Freezing When Starting Up

Hi there.

Freezing can be caused by many things. I see that its freezing on boot up.The easiest way to check if its your console, profile, or hdd is to remove your hdd and try to boot your console.

Remove your HDD by following these easy step by step directions

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

Please let us know what happens after you reboot without the hdd in.
Thema:

XBox 360 Elite Freezing during boot up until I remove Hard Drive help!

1. XBox 360 Elite Freezing during boot up until I remove Hard Drive help! - Similar Threads - 360 Elite Freezing

2. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  3. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  4. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  5. Recover things from a long wiped 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover things from a long wiped 360: I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was...
  6. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  7. Xbox 360 Elite power supply light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite power supply light: I have a Xbox 360 Elite and the power supply light is orange when I am using the console. Is this normal? Thanks ec522ef2-d4f1-4329-809d-b632280e2257
  8. While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...: When I’m using my elite controller, I try to go in the 360 game my mic doesn’t work but if I switch to a normal controller it does work but not with my elite controller...
  9. Updated faild Xbox 360 elite 2014

in XBoX Accessibility
    Updated faild Xbox 360 elite 2014: [img] Can't process the update. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support. Status Code: 4451-4497-1381-0300 - C800-0036 Any help please 82021126-55fa-4e11-9b8b-dd779a407771
  10. Xbox 360 Elite Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite Problems: so, the other day i bought an xbox 360 Elite manufactured in January 2008 with a Falcon V1 motherboard. The first 2 times i powered it on it had RROD, showing "general hardware failure" but the...