xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange

Discus and support xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, II use my console occasionally, a few times a year. I tried to turn it on today but it won't turn on anymore, but the power supply is orange.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Camé Senil, May 15, 2022.

1. Camé Senil
    Camé Senil Guest

Hello, II use my console occasionally, a few times a year. I tried to turn it on today but it won't turn on anymore, but the power supply is orange. I've tried different power outlet in my house and still didn't work.

I have tried to take the power cord from my console, and leave it like 1 hour unplugged and then plug it back and try to hold the power button for 15 seconds. But it still doesn't work.

Does anyone know the problem? Thank you

:)

Camé Senil, May 15, 2022
  2. Camé Senil Win User

Hello, no on the 360 you have to transfer from hard drive to hard drive. I had to do like that when I went from the first 360 to the E model. The light comes from the power supply, it is fixed, which indicates that the power supply is ok. My dreamcast is almost 25 years old and it still works while my 360 E has been used very little -_-! Apparently it comes from a capacitor. I can try to change the power supply but since the light says it's ok I think I have to start disassembling it. But I've only seen tutorials for this repair on the Model S. So it will be a bit of an adventure...
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

You can try to do it like in the videos, but I'd recommend you to get the console serviced. You can try to talk with the technicians and ask them to try to backup or keep or data.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Shiftycs, how are you today? Hope you're well.

I would recommend trying to find a different power supply to test on the console so you can determine if it is in fact the power supply. You can usually find them used at video games stores such as Game Stop. Or you can try borrowing a friend's or family members power supply to test with. Let us know with a reply how it goes.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

I see. The power supply test would be great, but since it's not possible for now for you to do it. Try to take the power cord from your console, leave it like 1 hour unplugged and then plug it back and try to hold the power button for 15 seconds. :)
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

I can't tell for sure. I'm just a user like you, I don't work for Microsoft neither I know about Xbox hardware, unfortunately.

You will need to open it to see, I'm afraid :(
Thema:

1. xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange - Similar Threads - 360 slim turning

2. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  4. How can I fix my Xbox 360 slim that beeps but doesn’t turn out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox 360 slim that beeps but doesn’t turn out?: The power brick is orange. The usb ports pins seem to not be bent. I’ve deep cleaned both the Xbox and power supply making sure there isn’t a single speck of dust left. I’m still left with it...
  5. SOS MY XBOX 360 SLIM WILL NOT TURN ON

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    SOS MY XBOX 360 SLIM WILL NOT TURN ON: So, I've been trying to figure out what is wrong w/my Xbox, so I turned to you guys. My battery pack (on the main power cord) stays orange, and when I power it on it goes green for a sec, then...
  6. My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!: Hi I have a Xbox 360 Slim thats been not giving me a problem but unfortunately it stopped turning on, I Have a kinect sensor that has ripped wires so i tried to splice each one but when i...
  7. xbox 360 slim won´t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim won´t turn on: since yesterday i got the problem that my xbox 360 slim won´t turn on. when i touch the power button it peeps and the middle led is turning green and fans start spinning, but only for half a...
  8. XBox 360 slim red light flashes but won't turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 slim red light flashes but won't turn on?: Our XBox 360 S stopped working. When you try to turn it on, the power button flashes for a few seconds and it sounds like a fan is blowing, then it just shuts off. I made sure there is plenty of...
  9. 360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...: when i first turn it on it will stay on for 5 minutes then it will shut down saying that its overheating even though it is completely cool and well ventilated(also i dont think the fan is...
  10. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on: hi, So I accidentally spilled a drink on my xbox 360 slim. So at first the system fans shut off and the video stopped displaying. Then the power button turned red and stayed red. So I let the...