Xbox 360 E (NTSC) power supply in PAL countries

Discus and support Xbox 360 E (NTSC) power supply in PAL countries in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greetings, I've owned a PAL Xbox 360 S for more than a decade and I just imported a secondhand NTSC Xbox 360 E to play some US exclusives (it's being... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Boffitchev, May 12, 2021.

1. Boffitchev
    Boffitchev Guest

Greetings,

I've owned a PAL Xbox 360 S for more than a decade and I just imported a secondhand NTSC Xbox 360 E to play some US exclusives (it's being shipped as I write).

Since I live in mainland Europe (France, specifically), I'm cautious about plugging the console in a power socket without double-checking electrical safety first.

The Power Supply Unit of the NTSC console is designed to accept 100V-127V voltage at 3.29A in the 47-63Hz frequency range for use in North America. However, the nominal output of a power socket in France is 200-240V (for instance, the Power Supply Unit of my PAL console accepts this voltage @ 1.78A - frequency is the same as in the US).

I have a US-to-EU socket adapter so plugging in the US power unit into the EU socket won't be a problem, but turning the console on will potentially be...

My question is: how do I power my NTSC console on a French power socket without risking any harm to me or damage to my console?

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

Boffitchev, May 12, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

A docket adapter will not work, and neither will virtually any voltage adapter you find, theyre intended for laptops at most, theyre not designed for high draw devices. If you do wish to try a voltage regulator, make sure it’s capacity is rated at at least 200w
  3. Boffitchev Win User

Thanks for the input, SwordofWhedon. I checked the power consumption of the 360 E and the power supply unit indicates 152 Wh. I looked around and found a 800 Watt voltage converter which looks like it could handle the load.
  4. HassanB Win User

ntsc version in india

Hi,

You'll have 2 issues with purchasing a console that's meant for another region (this goes for all countries). Since you purchased a US console (NTSC) and you live in India (PAL country) you'll need to first contact Xbox Support in your country and order a power
    supply that will work with that console. Plugging in a 110v power supply into a country who's voltage is 220 will cause the power supply to short and possibly cause harm to your console.

Second, since you have an NTSC console, and your country is primarily a PAL country it's unlikely you'll find NTSC games there (unless they are imported and at a much greater cost). If you're unable to purchase NTSC games in your country, it's suggested you
    look at a website like this here to see what games are "Region Free" and get those games. Region Free games are games that will play in
    all consoles regardless of where the console was purchased (NTSC, PAL, NTSC-JP, etc).
  5. HassanB Win User

Buying foreign xbox360

Hello,

If you purchase a console in Dubai it will be a PAL console (220v power supply, will only play PAL games). It's best if you purchase a console in the country you live in and plan to purchase games in. Consoles sold in Canada are NTSC (North American and 110v
    power supply) and only NTSC games will work in those consoles.

It would be better to purchase a console when you get to Canada.
  6. Spazpol Win User

Xbox 360

It depends on the Xbox 360 type. The older style systems with the external power brick, you could use another regions power supply as the brick conditioned the power to work. However with the newer systems that have an internal power supply, i don't think
    that is possible.

In terms of discs, PAL discs can only be played on PAL systems, US (NTSC) discs only work on US systems. The xbox 360 was a region coded reader.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 E (NTSC) power supply in PAL countries - Similar Threads - 360 NTSC power

2. NTSC XBOX 360 disc on xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    NTSC XBOX 360 disc on xbox 1: So, I was rummaging through my basement, when i found a disc (halo: reach) of my old Xbox 360 (NTSC) . My friend has an xbox one (bought in india, so it must be PAL if it is region locked), so i...
  3. Xbox 360 PAL & NTSC hdmi and Power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 PAL & NTSC hdmi and Power brick: Does My xbox 360 pal And hdtv support ntsc and pal if i hooked a hdmi , they say if my xbox is pal there is pal setting but w)hen i connect hdmi the pal setting is gone and i can still play PAL...
  4. Xbox 360 Pal and ntsc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Pal and ntsc: Hi I wanna ask if my xbox 360 is pal or ntsc , i heard someone said if theres pal in my settings it means its pal but when i change to hdmi the pal setting is gone but i can play pal games is my...
  5. ORIGINAL Xbox PAL disc works on a NTSC Xbox 360? (PAL OG Xbox to NTSC Xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ORIGINAL Xbox PAL disc works on a NTSC Xbox 360? (PAL OG Xbox to NTSC Xbox 360): Just want to reiterate this is a question regarding a PAL ORIGINAL (2001) Xbox discs working on a NTSC 360 (2005) Xbox. I was wondering if a PAL copy of Shadow the Hedgehog would run on my NTSC...
  6. NTSC 360 Game Bully Scholarship Edition not working on PAL Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NTSC 360 Game Bully Scholarship Edition not working on PAL Series X: Hi, I accidentally bought the NTSC version of Bully Scholarship Edition and while it works fine on my PAL XBOX One X the disc even will be recognised when inserted in my PAL Series X. The One X...
  7. Will a PAL original Xbox game play on my NTSC Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will a PAL original Xbox game play on my NTSC Xbox 360?: I really want to play the Futurama game but I wanna know if it will work. Will it? a7ff44b4-3351-4653-96f1-32122cfba549
  8. Playing MCLA NTSC-J on an NTSC Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing MCLA NTSC-J on an NTSC Xbox 360?: I had bought a version of MCLA for my NTSC Xbox 360 but then the disc turned out to be from the NTSC-J region. When I put it in the Xbox it said that "disc region code is incorrect for this...
  9. Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?: And if yes how? The xbox says this is unrecognized disc Or the disc scratched I no have any more idea 833b4e99-9508-4f8c-bac6-db3d8504e7f9
  10. 2 Rock band 1 xbox 360 games wrong region but games are NTSC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 Rock band 1 xbox 360 games wrong region but games are NTSC: Hello everyone. I was able to get an Xbox 360 with rock band drums and 3 guitars in great condition, I bought some guitar hero games (2, 3, WT, Warriors of rock, Aerosmith) and rock band 1, 3 and...