Xbox 360 e console and power supply has a color red light while it is on.

Discus and support Xbox 360 e console and power supply has a color red light while it is on. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox 360 e console and power supply has a color red light while it is on. 9a3903e1-c6ef-4df4-a028-3f946812a5ee Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kai Que, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Kai Que
    Kai Que Guest

:)

Kai Que, Mar 30, 2020
  2. MoeZArts Win User

Hi Kai Que,

On the console, is it blinking or solid red light? A blinking red light on the power button means that your console doesn’t have enough ventilation. The red light will continue to blink until the console cools down. If solid red around the power button,
    it is possible that you will need to replace the console.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/power-button-blinks-red

On Power supply, flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Plug your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can
    order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty
    is the same as your console warranty).
  3. Kiesey Win User

3 Red Rings Xbox 360 Elite (Old Gen) HELP !!

Check the steps in the article below for the 3 red lights, as for the power supply if the light is green when the console is on and yellow when the console is off then the power supply should be fine and the issue is the console, if the power supply light
    stays yellow or goes red while the console is on then the issue is the power supply.

support.xbox.com/.../three-flashinglights
  4. Mister Beep Win User

xbox 360 power cord issue?

Hey there Resident Lycan!

Sorry to hear about the power issues! Let's try to get you back up and running!

Are the colors showing a solid or flashing light? If the power cord shows a solid green or orange light, that generally means the power cable is ok. If it's flashing orange, or its showing a solid red color, the Xbox 360 power supply may need to be replaced.

If the light is a solid color: See if anyone you know who has an Xbox 360 console has a power cable you can test with your console to verify if the console needs repair not.

If the light is flashing orange, or is a solid red: Leave the Xbox 360 power supply unplugged from the console and the wall for about 30 minutes. When that time passes, plug it back into a different socket and verify if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, your power supply will need to be replaced.

Once you have determined the root cause of the issue, head over to our Online Service center to begin the repair process.

Hope this helps! Post back and let us know how it goes. :)
  5. WistfulList1944 Win User

xbox 360 power cord issue?

Hey there Resident Lycan!

Sorry to hear about the power issues! Let's try to get you back up and running!

Are the colors showing a solid or flashing light? If the power cord shows a solid green or orange light, that generally means the power cable is ok. If it's flashing orange, or its showing a solid red color, the Xbox 360 power supply may need to be replaced.

If the light is a solid color: See if anyone you know who has an Xbox 360 console has a power cable you can test with your console to verify if the console needs repair not.

If the light is flashing orange, or is a solid red: Leave the Xbox 360 power supply unplugged from the console and the wall for about 30 minutes. When that time passes, plug it back into a different socket and verify if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, your power supply will need to be replaced.

Once you have determined the root cause of the issue, head over to our Online Service center to begin the repair process.

Hope this helps! Post back and let us know how it goes. :)
    this is my second xbox doing this, the first was an e xbox 360, now my 360 s is doing this shortly after i downloaded a game, the fan is working in the power supply, and the light is a solid orange, and it turns green when the console is turned on, and then
    my console shuts back off again, but this only happens after i get on xbox live, the second time this has happened no mistake about it, at this point i can not afford an xbox one, so please stop tearing up our 360's thank you
  6. Miss Portia Win User

Xbox Turns on and off randomly.

What is the color of the light on the power supply when this happens? Do you get any error messages, or red lights on the console itself?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 e console and power supply has a color red light while it is on. - Similar Threads - 360 console power

2. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  3. My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...: How do i log in my xbox 360 account since it dont let me? fa880fd0-2680-4dc3-999d-21aef2bd8008
  4. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  5. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  6. Can't add my old Xbox 360 to my existing consoles

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add my old Xbox 360 to my existing consoles: I initially had a 360 that moved locations after I got an Xbox One but the 360 isn't wanting to be added to my consoles on the app. I tried adding it through the remote as an existing console but...
  7. Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console?: Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console? All possibilities are included, adapter etc. 9e8a67ad-f0cc-449c-9f26-9017f935bd56
  8. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  9. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  10. Power Supply for Xbox 360 S Console model 1439

in XBoX on Windows
    Power Supply for Xbox 360 S Console model 1439: All, I need help in getting replacement power supply for my Xbox 360 S Console Model 1439. The power cord which came along with the original box is gone due to voltage difference. My original...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 e power supply flashing orange red light