XBox 360 download speed issue

Discus and support XBox 360 download speed issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just turned on my 360 for the first time in a while, connected to my new wifi network, and noticed that anything I try to so that involves being... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sympaticos, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Sympaticos
    Sympaticos Guest

I just turned on my 360 for the first time in a while, connected to my new wifi network, and noticed that anything I try to so that involves being online doesn't work or takes forever to load. Even things as simple as seeing who is online don't really work.
    I tested my.connection and everything is fine but when I check my network statistics I noticed something strange.

My upload speed is 3.63mbps but my download speed is .12mbps. My signal strength is 100%. Any suggestions for what could be causing such a low download speed?

:)

Sympaticos, Oct 17, 2017
  2. Mike Stalker
    Mike Stalker Guest
    Download speed.

My xbox 360 takes forever to download DLC for Black Ops 2, yet speed test for my ISP says I have 15/2 mbps connection. Anybody else have this issue, and does anyone know what I can do to speed the Xbox download up?

Mike Stalker, Oct 17, 2017
  3. New Xbox One Owner, question about download speed

I never had a problem with download speed. I use a wired connection of 10 mbps and download speeds are pretty much what I'd expect, but lots of people are complaining about it recently. That's not an issue exclusive to Xbox either... Slow download speed on PS4?

SpikiestSpade, Oct 17, 2017
  4. XBox 360 download speed issue

Hey there Sympaticos,

Sorry to hear about the slow network performance. Let's check a few things to narrow this down. Does the issue persist when using both wired or wireless network connections on the console?

Try to do a Network power cycle, to see if it helps.

• Start by powering off and unplugging your Modem, Router (if applicable) and Xbox 360 console.
    • After 60 seconds of the devices being powered off, turn on the power to your Modem and then the Router (if applicable).
    • Wait another 60 seconds for the network equipment to turn on and gain the proper signals from your ISP. Then turn on your Xbox 360 console.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there Sympaticos,

Sorry to hear about the slow network performance. Let's check a few things to narrow this down. Does the issue persist when using both wired or wireless network connections on the console?

Try to do a Network power cycle, to see if it helps.

• Start by powering off and unplugging your Modem, Router (if applicable) and Xbox 360 console.
    • After 60 seconds of the devices being powered off, turn on the power to your Modem and then the Router (if applicable).
    • Wait another 60 seconds for the network equipment to turn on and gain the proper signals from your ISP. Then turn on your Xbox 360 console.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. Mister Cerb Win User

My God.. XBL is Slow.

Hey there Reaper!

The hangup here is that your download speed at home is faster than the download speed of your Xbox 360 console. Stay tuned for more information on the Xbox One console and the download speeds that will be offered! ^_^
  7. x RossY 360 Win User

Xbox live on a 6mbs uverse connection?

8. XBF Diego M Win User

speed wheel for xbox 360

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that the speed wheel for 360 did not come with a disc to download the software but I believe you can still download the software if your console is up to date and connected to Xbox Live.

This article explains that the easiest way to download the software drivers is by simply being connected to Xbox Live with an internet connection. From there you can put in the batteries and then connect the speed wheel to the console:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/wireless-speed-wheel
  9. G0 CRY AB0UT lT Win User

can I play BF3 on a 6mbs connection?

The minimum internet speed required for playing Xbox 360 online is at least 1mbps download speed and 200 kbps upload speed. You should not have any problems.
Thema:

1. XBox 360 download speed issue - Similar Threads - 360 download speed

2. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  3. 0.01 download speed Xbox 360 e

in XBoX on Consoles
    0.01 download speed Xbox 360 e: Hello few days ago I bought an Xbox 360 e and I decided to download some games because I have an Xbox one account with over 20 Xbox 360 games I check the connection and I see 0.01 mbts download...
  4. Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed?: So I’m back with a repeat question, as it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with an isp issue. But I recently switched to another isp, for a totally unrelated reason, other than we can get up to...
  5. Xbox 360 download speed very slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 download speed very slow: I don't know if this is normal or not, but I've been downloading a 1.3 GB file on the 360 and it's been more than twenty minutes and it isn't even halfway done. 42e1f274-34f7-48b6-94b6-701ca1dbb329
  6. Xbox 360 Poor Download Speed (Less than 1 Mbps)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Poor Download Speed (Less than 1 Mbps): Ever since I moved to my house 6 years ago, I have noticed my Xbox 360 has very poor download speed. Like, we're talking less than 1 Mbps. When I lived in an apartment in the same town, I believe...
  7. Suddenly have slow download speed on xbox 360 after getting new att u-verse router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suddenly have slow download speed on xbox 360 after getting new att u-verse router: I replaced my old att modem router with new one and now my xbox 360 s only gets 5 for wifi and 3.5 for download is there a setting that I need to change? 9c4703c0-612a-4d99-a11d-53f76fb0f35d
  8. Xbox 360 bought a new one but slow download speed

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox 360 bought a new one but slow download speed: Xbox 360 bought a new one but slow download speed Remove any device not being used from router 608fcb8a-c5e7-46f6-8cf5-abc09dc03dad
  9. Neutered Download Speed - Xbox 360 E 4GB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Neutered Download Speed - Xbox 360 E 4GB: My download speed is below 0.30 Mbps and there is no reason it should be. Any ideas from the below information? /Test Xbox Live Connection/ Network: Connected Internet: Connected Xbox Live:...
  10. Xbox 360 Upload speed faster than download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Upload speed faster than download speed: I've tried all sorts of things, but every time I test the network settings my uploads speeds are around 5 Mbps, but downloads are only 2.64 Mbps! The WIFI speed also is only 5 Mbps, and signal...