Xbox 360 disk drive issues

Discus and support Xbox 360 disk drive issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Pretty sure this might get few answers due to the dating of the xbox 360, but here goes. I recieved a hand me down xbox 360 from my uncle a little over... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JT Kulak, Jun 22, 2020.

1. JT Kulak
    JT Kulak Guest

Pretty sure this might get few answers due to the dating of the xbox 360, but here goes. I recieved a hand me down xbox 360 from my uncle a little over a year ago, and over the past months we have had an issue with the disk drive. It seems like a few weeks
    after we got it the drive decided to stop working. We have found a way around by tapping our knuckles over the drive until we hear it spinning. However this has gotten to be fairly annoying and we are wondering if there is another solution? I’m totally ok
    with opening the case, adjusting parts, etc., I’ve torn down other consoles and am slightly experienced with it. Again this is long past the xbox 360’s time period so I understand if nobody has a solution.

:)

JT Kulak, Jun 22, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

WWE 2K17 Disc won’t download

3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hello JT Kulak,

Thank you for your post. You may want to inspect the hard drive's connection and look for any damage to it. You may also want to try another hard drive. Alternatively, you can use a USB drive or external hard drive to install games/apps and save game data.
    For extra information and troubleshooting check out this article:
    Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 hard drive

I hope this helps.
  4. JT Kulak Win User

I appreciate the help. Unfortunately, my issue lies with the disk drive and not the hard drive.
  5. KingRichard2020 Win User

console takes half an hour to read disc

6. XBF Brad A Win User

Minecraft Game Error

Hi Yung,

Thanks for the update. Do any game disks work in the console at all? It could be an issue with the console disk reader. You can try out the

disk drive solution
    to see if it helps.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 disk drive issues - Similar Threads - 360 disk drive

2. xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding: i've had this console for years and i've kept it in working condition, i'm not sure if the drive is going bad or if its just hitting the top of the drive casing 2c296d71-1f26-4a5b-baff-fdea1c06e17a
  3. Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?: Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive? I tried to find the User's Manual like a PDF File Online but I couldn't. Can someone link me then User's Manual? [img]...
  4. Xbox 360 E disk drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E disk drive: I have an Xbox 360 E model and i have noticed that when i open the disk drive that it sometimes closes by itself after a few seconds. Can anyone help? b3f1e6d5-535e-43b0-97ef-09b88c867755
  5. My Xbox 360 s disk drive is making very loud noises

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 s disk drive is making very loud noises: I got my xbox 360 s about a year ago and when ever I run a game disk it doesn't recognize it and when it does work it makes loud screeching and revving noises. Some times it stops for about 10...
  6. The game(Minecraft) do not install from game disk to my xbox 360 hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game(Minecraft) do not install from game disk to my xbox 360 hard drive: Hello! I was installing games from game disks to my hard drive following this instruction. When I started installing Minecraft: I inserted the game disc into the disc drive; From the home hub...
  7. I can not open or close my Xbox 360 disk drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not open or close my Xbox 360 disk drive.: I can not open or close my Xbox 360 disk drive. The warranty period is over. Is it repairable? 85130606-0d0e-4dd9-8339-5b033fc8f141
  8. I can not open or close my Xbox 360 disk drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not open or close my Xbox 360 disk drive.: I can not open or close my Xbox 360 disk drive. The warranty period is over. Is it repairable? 49b024c7-7896-44df-be45-524302b162e9
  9. i have used my disk drive mabe 5 times in 2 years with no prob now it will only load 360 ad ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have used my disk drive mabe 5 times in 2 years with no prob now it will only load 360 ad ...: does any one have same issue im mainly a digital player but one games and bluray make a sound when tryin 2 load work after like 10 trie 1f0b2650-3f61-4e11-be34-34c50391c542
  10. My Xbox 360 disk drive not staying closed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 disk drive not staying closed.: I recently had my disk drive fixed and when I received it back put together it will not stay closed even after I turned it off it came open again. Opened the xbox again made sure all the cords...