Xbox 360 Default storage for savegames (removing the prompt at the game start)

Discus and support Xbox 360 Default storage for savegames (removing the prompt at the game start) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I have a problem with my xbox 360. I activated a cloud savegame storage but then decided that I dont want to use it and turned it off. Now game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RaelLighthouse Keeper, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Xbox 360 Default storage for savegames (removing the prompt at the game start)

Hello. I have a problem with my xbox 360. I activated a cloud savegame storage but then decided that I dont want to use it and turned it off. Now game at every start up asks me to choose storage for savegames (although the only one is HDD). Earlier it did not ask for choosing storage device. Can I do something that the game will be skipping is and choosing hdd automatically? It seem to be something with either the player profile or the savegame files cause even formating the HDD and then dowloading the profile and using savegame copied before onto the flashdrive does not help.

:)

RaelLighthouse Keeper, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi RaelLighthouse! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Normally this message will appear while you have a subscription to Xbox Live gold, you could try to delete the save that was already created in the cloud
  3. ArminatorX Win User

What happen when you clear local saved games

The Xbox One has a specially reserved storage space to keep a local copy of the cloud savegames stored online.

That storage space is only used to keep a local copy of your savegames to speed up loading, or to store savegames temporarily when your console was not connected online.

If you clear that save game storage, this storage is cleared.

If the console was connected online, your savegames are already synced to the cloud, and will be re-downloaded the next time you start a game.

If there are unsynchronized savegames on your console, because the console was offline, your savegame for that offline play will be lost.
  4. xXxTorchwoodxXx Win User

Notifications and other stuff? Some questions?

Where is the option to manage the harddrive?, There is only the option to delete a complet installation, but no way to delete a savegame that you don't want anymore because you like to start the game with a new savegame and not all games feature a "choose
    your savegame" option.

If the savegames are in the cloud, then give us the ability to manage our cloud storage.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Corrupted saved game

What console are you using? Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

What storage device do you use to store your download games? The internal storage of the console or an external USB device?

Is the savegame showing it's corrupted, or is the actual game installation corrupted?
  6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Changed primary MS Account Alias & Password, now I have auto sign-in issues on Xbox One and 360.

1. Xbox One:

You may remove your account from the One and then re-download it again. As all savegames are stored in the cloud they will not be lost. Same thing with the installed games and dlcs.

2. XBox360:

Here the savegames are stored locally usually and would be lost if just removing your account. So I would suggest to clear the system cache as first step and see if this already fixes the problem. The cache can be cleared by going to system / storage. Choose
    the harddrive and then press Y for device options and clear the cache. If that doesn't help, you can move the savegames files to an USB stick or to the cloud. But this must be done for each savegame separately. Some games (like Forza) have some more account
    specific files which have to be saved, too.

Usually on the 360 it should not be an issue like you are experiencing, on the One is only working with removing the profile afaik.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Default storage for savegames (removing the prompt at the game start) - Similar Threads - 360 Default storage

2. 360 live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 live issue: i’m using the Xbox one I’m trying to play an Xbox 360 game Domino’s when I try to login. It’s telling me to check my Internet. I’m logged into the Internet on my Xbox one profile having this...
  3. how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?: how to connect my computer to Xbox 360? ba1fdca5-c40d-4cbe-8579-ed588406bf13
  4. How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...: And don't give me some **** about two-step verification cause I got it disabled. 4f9e9087-d930-4e81-8174-5ac69ca0e78d
  5. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  6. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  7. i got a 360 xbox from a friend without a hard drive can i still reset it to factory default

in XBoX on Consoles
    i got a 360 xbox from a friend without a hard drive can i still reset it to factory default: i have got a x box 360 from my friend without a hard drive,can i still reset it to factory default 3d9bd2d3-ce2f-47f0-9c83-26c509fc69ae
  8. Xbox 360 wired controller right joystick does not go back to its default place

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller right joystick does not go back to its default place: So yea i was just playing one day and it stopped moving back to the middle. And i just got the controller a week ago so it cant be cause its old. 7b2ce9e6-7a1e-490a-bd5e-8ac927108e1d
  9. Xbox 360 stuck on factory default

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 stuck on factory default: Hey! A couple months ago I was babysitting a kid who wanted to play on my xbox 360. I look away for about 30 seconds and come back to him asking me for help on a game that wasn’t starting (he was...
  10. Making an Xbox 360 console the default for downloads from xbox.com

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Making an Xbox 360 console the default for downloads from xbox.com: I've gotten a new 360 console and I've been trying to set it as the default console for future downloads; but I have been unsuccessful in getting it to work. I have seen many suggestions to hit...