Xbox 360 Controllers won't properly sync with console

Discus and support Xbox 360 Controllers won't properly sync with console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have a xenon 360 with a few issues and the biggest one is controllers not properly syncing. I can turn on the console with any controller but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jmc_snzlbufsnk, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 Controllers won't properly sync with console

So I have a xenon 360 with a few issues and the biggest one is controllers not properly syncing.

I can turn on the console with any controller but thats it. If I try and sync it then it spins, blinks then goes back to the controller sitting confused and the console with nothing lit up around the power button.

If there's something wrong in software I might be able to fix it with my media center remote.

And if you know how to help, here's some other problems.

-Fans run full speed unless a disc is bring read from

-Won't pick up ethernet cable

-Stuck in 480i resolution

:)

jmc_snzlbufsnk, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Unforgiven118 Win User

My controller works fine at home but will not connect at GF house

You have to push the sync button on the controller (Next to LB bumper) and the sync button on the front of the Xbox 360 at the same time for the controller to sync properly.
  3. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Wireless controllers will not sync to console

Well, found this too: If you're using an HDMI connection between the Xbox 360 and the TV, it might be that. When using HDMI, the Xbox won't boot up until it knows what the TV is capable of displaying. Although the controller will turn the console on, it
    won't sync with the console -- and it's not a controller or console problem, but just a symptom of the fact that the Xbox won't get to the point where controllers will sync until it can properly communicate with the TV. I'd recommend turning off the TV and
    the Xbox, disconnecting the HDMI cable and re-connecting it after making sure the contacts are clean. Then turn the Xbox back on first; you'll likely to see the same behavior. Finally, turn the TV back on. With it being switched back into HDMI mode, it just
    might "kick-start" the Xbox into a good communication link across HDMI.
  4. carb0nknight Win User

new controller won't pair up with the Xbox console

If you're using an HDMI connection between the Xbox 360 and the TV, it might be that. When using HDMI, the Xbox won't boot up until it knows what the TV is capable of displaying. Although the controller will turn the console on, it won't sync with the console
    -- and it's not a controller or console problem, but just a symptom of the fact that the Xbox won't get to the point where controllers will sync until it can properly communicate with the TV. I'd recommend turning off the TV and the Xbox, disconnecting the
    HDMI cable and re-connecting it after making sure the contacts are clean. Then turn the Xbox back on first; you'll likely to see the same behavior. Finally, turn the TV back on. With it being switched back into HDMI mode, it just might "kick-start" the Xbox
    into a good communication link across HDMI. Hope that helps.
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

Controller will not work

Hey there Yanal! Just want to make sure you're syncing the controller properly. Can you check out this support doc (support.xbox.com/.../connecting-game-controllers)
    to make sure. Can you also try syncing this controller to a different console, or try syncing other controllers to your console? This will help us narrow down where the problem lies. Let me know, thanks!
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

Controller issues

Hey there Krazyguy! I understand your wireless headset won't sync to controller one properly. Try this: disconnect the controller and the headset, then turn the headset on, sync it to the console (press and hold the sync button) and then, if it's not automatically
    in spot one, cycle which player number it's connected to (single press the sync button, don't hold it down). Once you have it spot one, then connect your controller. Does this help the situation? Please let me know, thanks!
Thema:

Xbox 360 Controllers won't properly sync with console

1. Xbox 360 Controllers won't properly sync with console - Similar Threads - 360 Controllers won't

2. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  3. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  4. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  5. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  6. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  7. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  9. Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?: I bought 2 new controllers for my 360, they are identical. I can sync them to my console one at a time but can not synce them both. One will sync and the other continues to search. I shut the...
  10. Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console: Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox 360. The controller doesn'tseem to want to connect to the console for some reason. I can turn on the console with the controller but it won't actually connect. I...