Xbox 360 Controller Won't Work After Reconnecting

Discus and support Xbox 360 Controller Won't Work After Reconnecting in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I tend to play a lot of online games with my xbox 360 controllers which I love! However, if they become disconnected during a session by accident... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Devyntius, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Devyntius
    Devyntius Guest

I tend to play a lot of online games with my xbox 360 controllers which I love! However, if they become disconnected during a session by accident (while moving around) I have to restart my entire PC for the games to recognize them again. It's a minor inconvenience,
    but it would mean the world to me if I could just plug it back in and the game work again. Especially when playing games with other people.

It doesn't matter how much I restart said games it still doesn't work. What I find strange is if I click the middle button it still brings up the Xbox Windows Bar near the top of the screen with capture mode, performance stats, etc!. So windows knows its
    plugged in, but the games themselves refuse to accept it until I do a full restart. I tried updating the drivers, but it says that they are already the most update versions. I've also tried different controllers, but it doesn't change anything. Just looking
    for a solution to my problem.

:)

Devyntius, Aug 7, 2020
  2. SVKB Win User

Controller will not reconnect to the Xbox One when it has been idle or unplugged

I'm having the exact same issue. Controller will disconnect and then won't be able to reconnect. It only started after I started playing horizon 2.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller for xbox 360 now recognized as a controller for windows and doesn't work in xbox anymore

Hi,

Not sure what's happened here but the problem is either with the controller hardware itself or the Xbox 360. The 360 controllers can be used on both interchangeably. It won't become a 'Windows 360 controller' after you use on a PC. I have an old 360 that I fire up every now and again, my controller works on both my PC and my 360.
  4. DennisNguyen Win User

Controller regularly disconnects/reconnects on PC

I have a 360 controller that's been working fine on my PC for the past 2 years. I recently got an xbox one controller and it's been disconnecting/reconnecting at random times.
  5. Waterfalll Win User

NAT connection issue: Gone through all Steps in guide.

It worked after disconnecting and reconnecting the ethernet cable, resetting my 360, and then off/on the router.
  6. mead310 Win User

Xbox One 1TB Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle Problems

is anyone having issues where the controllers are constantly disconnecting from the xbox one and then won't reconnect? We got this same console and the controllers disconnect every few days and to get them to reconnect we have to unplug the xbox for 20
    seconds then reconnect it. using the connect buttons on the controller/console does nothing for some reason (no issues like this on the regular xbox one we have). very disappointing.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Controller Won't Work After Reconnecting - Similar Threads - 360 Controller Won't

2. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  3. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  4. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  5. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  6. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  7. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  8. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  9. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  10. Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console: Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox 360. The controller doesn'tseem to want to connect to the console for some reason. I can turn on the console with the controller but it won't actually connect. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wired guitar hero controller