Xbox 360 controller won't stay on

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller won't stay on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a new PC with Windows 11. I connected my xbox 360 controller which I was using with my old PC and it wont stay on. I tried to go to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JeffreyThompson6, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Xbox 360 controller won't stay on

I just bought a new PC with Windows 11.

I connected my xbox 360 controller which I was using with my old PC and it wont stay on. I tried to go to xbox support to look for new drivers, but all I get from Xbox Support is an xbox logo with a spinning icon

:)

JeffreyThompson6, Apr 29, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Whoa, my friend. I'm sorry, then, did you just need to pair?

From your report, I understood that you tried to pair and Windows did not find the control software, so I explained about the software.

But how great that it worked out, and thank you for the teaching, it was very important.

Enjoy the game, thank you again.
  3. JeffreyThompson6 Win User

HI Derek,

I figured it out, and got it working.

If someone else asks a similar question with Windows 11 not working with 360 controller, have them click Start > Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Add device > Everything else

Press and hold the ))) button at the top of the controller, beside the micro usb port also press the xbox button

I had to wait about a minute, but it did connect and is now working

Thank you for your help with this
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello Jeffrey!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Friend, unfortunately Microsoft removed the vast majority of xbox 360 controller drivers from the server. Only some controls still manage to connect to windows, as 360 products were discontinued, your old PC worked because the driver is already installed.

I'm sorry for this problem, I hope you understand the situation :/
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

xbox controller won't stay connected

6. xTightKiddx Win User

My Xbox Controller Won't Stay On

I've tried different batteries, same outcome.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 controller won't stay on - Similar Threads - 360 controller won't

2. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  3. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  4. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  5. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  6. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  7. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  8. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  10. Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console: Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox 360. The controller doesn'tseem to want to connect to the console for some reason. I can turn on the console with the controller but it won't actually connect. I...