Xbox 360 Controller won't connect to Xbox 360 no matter what I do.

Discus and support Xbox 360 Controller won't connect to Xbox 360 no matter what I do. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried everything I could find. Pushing the sync button on the controller before the sync button on the Xbox 360 and vice versa. Using a Play 'n'... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Suddonimm, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Suddonimm
    Suddonimm Guest

I have tried everything I could find. Pushing the sync button on the controller before the sync button on the Xbox 360 and vice versa. Using a Play 'n' Charge Kit to sync the controller. Taking the Xbox 360 apart myself to clean the sensor. Changing the
    faceplate. I can't afford to buy a new Xbox 360, nor do I want to anyway, this thing has been chugging for 10 years now. Anyone have anything different to try before I give up? Or at the very least, a way to replace the sensor.

Also, the disk drive doesn't read discs, I don't mind replacing it, but I'd like to know if there's a way to fix it too before I scrap it. It's not as important as being able to play on the console, but it's something I'd like to be able to use. Thanks.

If anyone needs pictures of the console, just ask.

EDIT: It's not the controller, I've tried 3 different controllers

:)

Suddonimm, Aug 21, 2020
  2. button fiddler Win User

Xbox 360 Controller does not work on my PC ?

Xbox 360 controllers will not connect wirelessly to a computer. If you are trying to use a Play-and-Charge cable to connect through USB, that is not what it is designed for and won't be compatible. If you really want to use an xbox controller on your computer
    I would recommend either purchasing an adapter build to do this, or one of the controllers out there that are built for PC.
  3. NVissah Win User

Xbox One controller/Compatibility.

Nope, the Xbox 360 controllers won't work with the Xbox One. The Xbox 360 controllers use IR to connect to the console, whilst the Xbox One uses WiFi direct (way faster than IR).
  4. ArminatorX Win User

wireless xbox 360 controller on win10 without reciever

and what does the connect button do on controller?
    The connect button starts the pairing process with a Xbox 360 console or the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless protocol, and NOT Bluetooth. So the standard wireless devices in your computer can't work with the Xbox 360 wireless controller.

You absolutely definitely need the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows if you wish to use your Xbox 360 controller on your PC.

Make sure you do NOT get the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Xbox One controllers, as they won't work with Xbox 360 controllers.

Also if you try to use a Play & Charge USB cable on your Xbox 360 controller, this will also not work, as the Play & Charge cable ONLY carries power, but does NOT transmit controller data.

So if you don't want to buy a wireless receiver, your only options are to buy a dedicated wired Xbox 360 controller (that has a non-removable USB cord attached), or get a Xbox One controller with Bluetooth functionality.
  5. RainingRoses Win User

Difficult connection of the pad at the console.

6. OctaneFox Win User

Having trouble getting the new Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with my Xbox 360 console.

The A/V Cable Set-up does not matter what I would do is sync it with you Xbox 360 console first, and when using it point it directly at the Xbox 360 console as it's infra-red is not as good as the Xbox 360 game controllers.

To sync the remote press the sync button on the Xbox 360 console, then press the Xbox button on the media remote.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Controller won't connect to Xbox 360 no matter what I do. - Similar Threads - 360 Controller won't

2. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  3. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  4. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  5. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  6. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  7. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  8. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  10. Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console: Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox 360. The controller doesn'tseem to want to connect to the console for some reason. I can turn on the console with the controller but it won't actually connect. I...