xbox 360 controller wired

Discus and support xbox 360 controller wired in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; why did microsoft make a wired controller that does,nt connect to the console ? . i dont understand ,i was fed up with having to change batteries a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tony sharples, Jan 7, 2022.

1. xbox 360 controller wired

why did microsoft make a wired controller that does,nt connect to the console ? . i dont understand ,i was fed up with having to change batteries a cruscial momment i a game , you,ve just spent ten minuites fighting a boss when the batteries go and your stuck while the boss batters you to death. so i bought a wired controller great i unbox it ,take the end of the wire to the console , and yes you know , im trying to stick it in any hole i can see. i unplug all the connections and im turning the console every which way trying to find the port. of course there is none. what are they thinking. yes i found out on the web you have to buy a usb adapter , but why?

:)

tony sharples, Jan 7, 2022
  2. Roberto_Ruggeri Win User

controller for Windows

To play on a PC with an Xbox 360 controller you need to get a wired controller. On Xbox 360 the "wire" is only used for charging on the wireless controller.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Wired controller not working in pc

Hi,

The simple answer is because a 360 wireless controller can't be turned into a wired controller. The wire can only charge, it can't send data. Only the Xbox One pad allows both wired and wireless.

For the 360 controller you'll need the Xbox 360 gaming receiver.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games

Hello im tring to hook up my xbox 360 controller with charge cord....
    H,

That's your problem, right there. Unfortunately, if you connect your wireless Xbox 360 controller with a charging cable, all your doing is charging the controller.

The 360 wireless controller can't be turned into a wired controller with the charging cable as neither the controller or the wire were designed to send data this way.

You either need 360 wired controller or an Xbox One controller. Xbox One controllers can use wired or wireless, but wireless is only supported via Windows 10.

Hope that helps.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 controller won't detect on a Windows 7 pc

Hi, are you connecting a wireless xbox 360 controller or a wired 360 controller, and are they official controllers?
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox one

That would be almost impossible for these few reasons:

1: The wireless format on the 360 and Xbox One are different (Xbox One uses blutooth 360 doesn't)

2: The 360 controller can be plugged in using a USB cable, but that just charges it, it doesn't send the data through the wire.

The only way that we could use 360 controllers on the Xbox One would be a hardware redesign or a system update which would only allow the wired 360 controller (not wireless 360 plugged in, I mean the purely wired 360 controller)
Thema:

xbox 360 controller wired

1. xbox 360 controller wired - Similar Threads - 360 controller wired

2. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  3. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  4. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  5. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  6. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  7. Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc: I have an xbox 360 controller wired and it keeps disconnecting while playing a game, midway after 1-2 minutes. I have an HP victus 15.6 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 8GB RAM (All...
  8. my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.

in XBoX on Windows
    my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.: hello i have a issue with my xbox 360 controller wired one everytime when i plug it in it blinks once but never works and when i plug it back in again it does the same thing but never works if you...
  9. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360: My brother got an xbox 360 from his grandad. It worked but the controller has a circular cable and couldn't plug into the console so we had to order an adapter, once we got the adapter it worked...
  10. Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights: It's not working on both pc and xbox 360 all 4 green lights flash and not working IT'S A WIRED CONTROLLER e1a37e28-9e44-4552-8be8-0a10b7cecf34