XBOX 360 Controller (wired) no longer functional after Win 11 upgrade

Discus and support XBOX 360 Controller (wired) no longer functional after Win 11 upgrade in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My wired XBOX 360 controller stopped functioning on both my PC and laptop after each updated to Windows 11. When I plug it in, it shows up as follows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EAB_26, Jan 9, 2022.

1. EAB_26
    EAB_26 Guest

My wired XBOX 360 controller stopped functioning on both my PC and laptop after each updated to Windows 11. When I plug it in, it shows up as follows in Device Manager:

XBOX 360 Controller (wired) no longer functional after Win 11 upgrade [​IMG]

I have tried different USB ports; uninstalling the "Unknown USB Device"; checking for updates; rebooting; etc., but nothing works.

I have seen similar issues for other XBOX controllers posted elsewhere (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ows-11/152cd25c-f6b9-4e35-b7a3-ce7367c98f32), but reinstalling the chipset drivers has not resolved the issue.

Wondering if there's a way to report the issue to Microsoft or if any other fixes have been found.

*Moved to Gaming and Xbox*

:)

EAB_26, Jan 9, 2022
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello EAB_26,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

After investigating, I found a few solutions that may work for you:

Update the driver:

- Open your Device Manager

- Navigate to Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) and right-click

- Select Properties

- Select the Driver tab and select Update Driver

- Select Search Automatically for updated driver software option

If you've already tried this to no success, can you verify which steps you have taken? That will help us avoid redundancy when trying to support you in troubleshooting the issue!

I've also read that disconnecting the circular piece at the end of the cable before the USB and reconnecting it has fixed this issue.

Thank You,

3. SwordofWhedon Win User

How to Connect xbox 360 controller to pc with play & charge kit

If you mean to use a controller, Xbox 360 controller is only wired or only wireless, the plug is strictly for charging the official rechargeable battery

Xbox one controllers can function either way
  4. Georges C. Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller not functioning properly on my windows 11

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Mowahhid, this could be something in the system in relation to the control, try to follow the procedures below and if it continues with the same symptoms you will have to wait for Microsoft to release a correction.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

CHKDSK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press Y on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller not functioning properly on my windows 11

I've updated the driver and used this controller on other PCs with windows 11 and the problem still persists.

The information of my system is attached below:
    Hi

If your controller isn't working on other PC running Windows 11 it tells me something is wrong with your controller.

There aren't any compatibility issues with older Xbox 360 controllers and Windows 11. I've just tried my old Xbox 360 wired controller in my brand new Windows 11 based PC and it works fine. The fact that it isn't working now is likely coincidental.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

How do I connect an Xbox 360 remote to my windows 11 PC?

Hi,

Are we talking about a 360 that is hardwired or a 360 controller that you have attached a Play and Charge to?

The hard wired 360 controller should just work. There are no drivers available to download on the Windows 11 as Win 11 already has these drivers b built in to the OS. If your controller isn't working, either there is something wrong with your OS install, the controller is faulty or your controller is a a cheap knock off controller that doesn't actually support XINPUT.

If you've attached the controller via a Play and Charge note that the 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. They can not send control data via the charging cable. If this is the case you'll need a 360 wireless gaming adaptor. The Xbox One Wireless adaptors don't work with 360 controllers.
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 Controller (wired) no longer functional after Win 11 upgrade - Similar Threads - 360 Controller wired

2. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  3. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  4. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  5. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  6. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  7. Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc: I have an xbox 360 controller wired and it keeps disconnecting while playing a game, midway after 1-2 minutes. I have an HP victus 15.6 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 8GB RAM (All...
  8. my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.

in XBoX on Windows
    my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.: hello i have a issue with my xbox 360 controller wired one everytime when i plug it in it blinks once but never works and when i plug it back in again it does the same thing but never works if you...
  9. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360: My brother got an xbox 360 from his grandad. It worked but the controller has a circular cable and couldn't plug into the console so we had to order an adapter, once we got the adapter it worked...
  10. Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights: It's not working on both pc and xbox 360 all 4 green lights flash and not working IT'S A WIRED CONTROLLER e1a37e28-9e44-4552-8be8-0a10b7cecf34