Xbox 360 controller will not come on

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller will not come on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have found many topics with an issue similar but nothing that I have tried within those posts and topics all over the net have fixed my problem.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shelemiah, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Shelemiah
    Shelemiah Guest

Hi, I have found many topics with an issue similar but nothing that I have tried within those posts and topics all over the net have fixed my problem.

I have a black controller (came with my xbox 360 elite console) that currently does not work with either the play and charge battery pack, the play and charge cord, or regular batteries in the pack.

I brought my xbox with me when moving from Canada to Australia but my other controller works fine. I removed the batteries from the controllers before flying.

I am not sure what to do or what other information is needed to solve my issue, hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks

:)

Shelemiah, Jan 4, 2014
  2. using a 360 controller on windows 8 (wired controller)

oh yes I even looked for the controller in device manager it comes up at xbox 360 peripherals, not xbox 360 controller. I am not sure what that means

TotherLeaf04215, Jan 4, 2014
  3. VagrantDead
    VagrantDead Guest
    VagrantDead, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Shelemiah
    Shelemiah Guest

I would greatly appreciate a response to my issue, Thanks

Shelemiah, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Shelemiah
    Shelemiah Guest
    I understand this forum is busy and there are lots of requests, but it has been a week and I am still awaiting a response on my issue, I am not even sure if my thread has even been observed or looked at. Thanks

Shelemiah, Jan 10, 2014
  6. Shelemiah
    Shelemiah Guest
    Please would love some sort of answer.

Shelemiah, Jan 19, 2014
  7. nVo Fusion
    nVo Fusion Guest
    Sorry for the long delay in response, but it sounds like you may have a defective controller. The best thing for you to do is send it in if it is still under warranty, or just buy a new one for about 30 USD.

-

Good luck, happy gaming!

nVo Fusion, Jan 20, 2014
  8. FionaGrant
    FionaGrant Guest

I am having the same problem. Used another controller which I know is working but it will not work

FionaGrant, Oct 31, 2018
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

02060079853139 manette xbox 360 , non fonctionnelle ?[Translation-02060079853139 Xbox 360 controller, not functional?]

Hi Jean,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Is the controller an Xbox 360 controller. The Xbox one controllers will not work on an Xbox 360. Also, is the controller old, brand new?

Thanks,

Brad
  10. FionaGrant Win User

I am having the same problem. Used another controller which I know is working but it will not work
  11. nVo Fusion Win User

Sorry for the long delay in response, but it sounds like you may have a defective controller. The best thing for you to do is send it in if it is still under warranty, or just buy a new one for about 30 USD.

-

Good luck, happy gaming!
  12. Shelemiah Win User

I understand this forum is busy and there are lots of requests, but it has been a week and I am still awaiting a response on my issue, I am not even sure if my thread has even been observed or looked at. Thanks
  13. Shelemiah Win User

I would greatly appreciate a response to my issue, Thanks
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 controller will not come on - Similar Threads - 360 controller

2. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  3. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  4. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  5. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  6. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  7. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  8. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  9. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  10. Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?: I bought 2 new controllers for my 360, they are identical. I can sync them to my console one at a time but can not synce them both. One will sync and the other continues to search. I shut the...