Xbox 360 controller syncing issues

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller syncing issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently, I've been having controller syncing issues. I have tried everything possible and have verified that it is the console itself that is the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iBeaverson, Jan 6, 2014.

1. iBeaverson
    iBeaverson Guest

Recently, I've been having controller syncing issues. I have tried everything possible and have verified that it is the console itself that is the issue. I contacted support and basically all they said to do was either send the xbox in for repair ($119,
    are you serious?) or buy a new Xbox. It just makes no sense to me that a console that has been kept in perfect condition (as it had been) and has never had issues before can trash like this one has. It upsets me that just because the console is no longer under
    the warranty, we can't work out some sort of deal. If I am going to pay upwards of $500 for a gaming console, I expect it to last longer than this one has disappointedly lasted. When something is taken care of, it should last. If anyone has any idea of how
    to fix my issue, please tell me.

:)

iBeaverson, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Miss Kleo
    Miss Kleo Guest
    Wireless X360 controller shows a solid 4 green bars

Hey ChristopherBlue! Is this a brand new controller? Have you perhaps tried syncing the controller to an alternate Xbox 360 console (such as a friends). To be sure you are using the steps suggested for syncing in this

Xbox support guide
    ? Please let us know. Xbox 360 controller syncing issues :)

Miss Kleo, Jan 6, 2014
  3. i6ryph3n
    i6ryph3n Guest
    No sync lights at all

Console does turn on without any apparent issues other than controller syncing and lights

i6ryph3n, Jan 6, 2014
  4. ezdoesit510
    ezdoesit510 Guest

have you tried using a plug and play kit. Once you connect it it should sync the controller and should stay that way after you unplug it.

ezdoesit510, Jan 6, 2014
  5. iBeaverson
    iBeaverson Guest
    I have a plug and play kit and that does not work either unfortunately

iBeaverson, Jan 6, 2014
  6. Hey there

Welcome to the forums

How many controllers have you already got connected to your Xbox 360?

Hope you can get back to me with the answer

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 7, 2014
  7. iBeaverson
    iBeaverson Guest
    I have 0 controllers connected to my Xbox because I can't connect any. It isn't just my one controller that won't connect, none of my 4 controllers will.

iBeaverson, Oct 31, 2018
  8. CrypticZer0 Win User

can"t get controller to sync

To get the controller and console synced, are you pressing both sync buttons on your controller and the Xbox 360?

The sync button on the controller is the small circular button on the top in between the two bumper buttons (LB/RB) and the small button on the front of the Xbox 360 respectively which should show a symbol similar to the following depending on which way you're
    looking at it: (((

Of note, I was referencing my Xbox 360 Arcade model as a description as I don't own the new Xbox 360 Slim. So if you do have an Xbox 360 Slim model then the Sync button on the console should be on the front to the right next to the USB ports.

Once you have pressed both sync buttons then your controller and console should be synced up as both should flash and will show the current position the controller is synced to, such as "Player 1" which is the top left light quadrant on the controller and console.

If you're still having trouble even after attempting to do that then please come back and explain the issue more. Hopefully this will help you out though.
  9. sM4llziEy Win User

Green light wont turn on

Have you synced the controller to the Xbox 360 system? Turn on the Xbox 360 system and controller, on top of the controller there should be a small button, hold that button. On the White Xbox 360 or Black Xbox 360 elite, there should be a button too, press
    it and your controller should sync up with the Xbox, the controller will confirm this by flashing.

On the Xbox 360 slim, the button is located inside the USB bay.
  10. Unforgiven118 Win User

My controller works fine at home but will not connect at GF house

You have to push the sync button on the controller (Next to LB bumper) and the sync button on the front of the Xbox 360 at the same time for the controller to sync properly.
  11. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

How many controllers have you already got connected to your Xbox 360?

Hope you can get back to me with the answer

Regards,
  12. iBeaverson Win User

I have a plug and play kit and that does not work either unfortunately
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 controller syncing issues - Similar Threads - 360 controller syncing

2. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  3. Xbox 360 controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller not working: I'm using the Xbox 360 controller with the Play & Charge Kit, plugged in via a USB 2.0 port. However, despite showing up in Device Manager, nothing happens if I press the logo or try to use it...
  4. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  5. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  6. Xbox 360 controller does not sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller does not sync: I just bought an play & charge kit for my xbox 360 controller, when I plugged it in on my 3.0 and 2.0 usb ports windows reproduces the sound of a new device connected and even shows correctly the...
  7. My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers: Hey, maybe someone can help me: I do own two original Xbox 360 controllers, one wired (fully wired, not "plug and charge"), one wireless. Both have previously worked with my PC, but recently...
  8. Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?: I bought 2 new controllers for my 360, they are identical. I can sync them to my console one at a time but can not synce them both. One will sync and the other continues to search. I shut the...
  9. Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller won't sync to console: Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox 360. The controller doesn'tseem to want to connect to the console for some reason. I can turn on the console with the controller but it won't actually connect. I...
  10. Sincronização do controle com xbox 360 (Control sync with Xbox 360)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sincronização do controle com xbox 360 (Control sync with Xbox 360): A última vez que eu usei meu xbox foi mais ou menos duas semanas atrás mas depois disse meu controle não estava sincronizando e a luz do xbox não piscava quando eu apertava o botão de...