Xbox 360 controller right analog stick pulls down only in game

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller right analog stick pulls down only in game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am using a Xbox 360 controller on my PC and recently the right analog stick pulls down only when in a game.I tested the hardware on the PC under... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Terugane-5B4A99B9-E619-44E7-BE41-573BB34D523E, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 controller right analog stick pulls down only in game

I am using a Xbox 360 controller on my PC and recently the right analog stick pulls down only when in a game.I tested the hardware on the PC under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers tested the controller and everything works fine.I
    loaded a game on my Xbox 360 and everything works fine it is only when I am in a PC game that the right analog stick pulls down it also seems like I can not use up left or right on the stick it just allays pulls down.I tested my other 2 controllers and they
    are both having the same problem only on PC games.

I can not find anything on Google about this problem any info to fix that would be much appreciated.

:)

Terugane-5B4A99B9-E619-44E7-BE41-573BB34D523E, Oct 11, 2014
  2. Sword Style
    Sword Style Guest
    Controller: Right stick drift

The right analog pulls down hard. Constantly. The stick itself isn't out of place. I've tried cleaning it and updating the controller. Anyone have any ideas? I just got this controller a month ago. I shouldn't have to buy a new one

Sword Style, Oct 11, 2014
  3. Controller Problems

My controllers have recently been, after only 2 years, breaking down on me. The black controller that came with my Xbox 360 slim's right analog stick randomly presses downward, and the used white controller I bought's right trigger is highly unreliable.
    If anyone could help me solve these problems without the use of a T8 or taking my controller apart at all it would be much appreciated.

UnseeingApple7, Oct 11, 2014
  4. donn3lls Win User

Left Thumbstick Issue

I have the same problem with mine. The left stick has a clicking noise when going to the left and holding the analog stick down. That, in turn, makes the bottom right of the stick useless: you cannot move anywhere to the right or down. This occurred after
    playing NHL 15 WHERE you push in the analog stick to skate faster. How come these controllers are not built like the 360 ones? Never had a problem with those. Why should I have to pay for a repair or replacement if it is a micro$oft issue? And I used my buddies
    controller that was bought 4 days ago and boom same thing happened.
  5. tohellnbak Win User

Xbox ONE controllers are poorly manufactured :(

called analog / stick drift.... it will happen... all my 360 controllers did this... considering the left stick is the most used... and chances are you play games that rely heavily on this stick... (FPS).. no wonder that one function will wear down over
    time
  6. Flint SithLord Win User

Seriously microsoft this console is pathetic....

My left analog stick is looser than the right stick. I noticed that a couple of days ago. Figured it was because of COD. On my PS3 I went through 3 controllers with the left analog stick having issues. I had an issue with the controller on my 360 as well;
    left analog stick. So it might be an issue not sure. I'll probably just buy another controller when they come out in different colors and go from there with it unless it gets worse.
  7. Mosaic Wolf Win User

Monitor won't display xbox image

do you pull the right stick down towards you or out from the controller?
  8. bstn617 Win User

Xbox 360 controller - Bring it back!

I find it a bit funny that people look back on the 360 controller so fondly. Sure I didn't have any that just stopped working completely but I did have 2 with broken mic jacks and a bunch with drifting analog sticks.

The early 360 white controllers were good but they cheeped out later on and produced junk analog sticks that would only last a few months before they would start drifting.

I'm fine with the X1 controller but the analog sticks seem to still be prone to drifting. They need to beef the analog sticks up but I don't see that happening it's a way for them to sell more controllers.
Thema:

Xbox 360 controller right analog stick pulls down only in game

1. Xbox 360 controller right analog stick pulls down only in game - Similar Threads - 360 controller right

2. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  3. Xbox 360 controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller not working: I'm using the Xbox 360 controller with the Play & Charge Kit, plugged in via a USB 2.0 port. However, despite showing up in Device Manager, nothing happens if I press the logo or try to use it...
  4. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  5. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  6. Xbox 360 controller does not sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller does not sync: I just bought an play & charge kit for my xbox 360 controller, when I plugged it in on my 3.0 and 2.0 usb ports windows reproduces the sound of a new device connected and even shows correctly the...
  7. My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers: Hey, maybe someone can help me: I do own two original Xbox 360 controllers, one wired (fully wired, not "plug and charge"), one wireless. Both have previously worked with my PC, but recently...
  8. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  9. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  10. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387