XBOX 360 Controller not working on Windows 10

Discus and support XBOX 360 Controller not working on Windows 10 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a wired xbox 360 USB controller, I plug it in to my windows 10 machine (ive tried different USB ports) and it doesnt work in any games. I found... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaulBappoo, Aug 15, 2022.

1. PaulBappoo
    PaulBappoo Guest

I have a wired xbox 360 USB controller, I plug it in to my windows 10 machine (ive tried different USB ports) and it doesnt work in any games.

I found that it was appearing as a USB input Device under Human Interface Devices in the device manager. I tried updating the drivers but that didnt help.

My win 10 is fully up to date and other usb devices work fine in the same USB port.

The controller lights up when plugged in.

I'm feeling that windows is recognising it as a device but not an xbox 360 controller, but I really dont know what I should be expecting to see. Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

:)

PaulBappoo, Aug 15, 2022
  2. RahulPatel854 Win User

Xbox App now changed it's name to Xbox Console Companion

3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Laptop not detecting xbox 360 wired controller

Are you sure the Xbox 360 is a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not connected by a separate cable like the play and charge cable? If it is the play and charge cable, it will not work on Windows 10, as it only charges the batteries on a PC. If it is a actual
    wired controller, then Windows 10 should detect and then download the drivers if needed.

More info on connecting a 360 controller to a PC can be found here
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
  4. Aldi Kaifia Win User

My gamepad is connected to my PC but it doesn't work

My other PC with Windows 10 works perfect

Is it because Xbox 360 controller doesn't support on Windows 11 ?
  5. SilentParasite Win User

Can you connect this Xbox 360 controller to a PC?

I am not 100% sure about your controller but you can get a 360 controller to work, here is the link if you need it.

Xbox 360 controller on windows 10

Hope this helps.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10

Xbox 360 controls do not have a compatibility with windows computers. it is better to use a cboc one control that has a bluetooth connection.
    Yes they do. Any controller that has that uses Xinput will work on Windows 10 that includes Xbox 360 controllers.
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 Controller not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - 360 Controller working

2. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...
  3. Xbox 360 controller arrow not working properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller arrow not working properly: Hello, I have my current Xbox 360 controller for a while not, but recently I noticed that the right arrow isn't working as it should, in normal situations, when I press the arrow, it doesn't...
  4. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  5. my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.

in XBoX on Windows
    my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.: hello i have a issue with my xbox 360 controller wired one everytime when i plug it in it blinks once but never works and when i plug it back in again it does the same thing but never works if you...
  6. While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While using an elite controller s2, the mic will not work well on 360 game but it will work...: When I’m using my elite controller, I try to go in the 360 game my mic doesn’t work but if I switch to a normal controller it does work but not with my elite controller...
  7. having trouble with my old Xbox 360 controller works well with every other game but...

in XBoX on Windows
    having trouble with my old Xbox 360 controller works well with every other game but...: been trying to look up everything on the internet for my wireless 360 controller has issues lil bit too my 360 controller is old and wired im trying to plug it into a 3.0 usb extender but while...
  8. My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working: My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working as i was using it to configure the settings for Dark Souls, i've tried everything i could, i've updated the drivers, i've checked for hardware changes....
  9. Does pilot control work with 360 backwards compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does pilot control work with 360 backwards compatible games: Hi just tried to enable pilot control while playing Rayman HD 360 on my Xbox one but i can't get it to work. Should it work? Has anybody used it with other 360 games? Thanks...
  10. Buy an xbox 360 control and it does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buy an xbox 360 control and it does not work: In the store they do not give me refund they say it's direct with what I should do 3450eb65-9b91-4316-94b7-c9a32173fbfd