Xbox 360 controller for xbox 360 now recognized as a controller for windows and doesn't...

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller for xbox 360 now recognized as a controller for windows and doesn't... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been wanting to play split screen games on my Xbox and I have a wireless and a wired controller the one that is wired was originally for the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jkfrags, Mar 11, 2023.

1. jkfrags
    jkfrags Guest

Xbox 360 controller for xbox 360 now recognized as a controller for windows and doesn't...

I have been wanting to play split screen games on my Xbox and I have a wireless and a wired controller the one that is wired was originally for the Xbox 360 and now its being recognized as a controller for windows. I was wanting to know if there is a way to get it back to a Xbox 360 controller. I've read on it and maybe the controller will just be a windows controller but, if there is any way to reinstall drivers on it that would be great!

:)

jkfrags, Mar 11, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can I use Original Xbox360 controller on pc (the controller of the xbox360)?

If the Xbox 360 controller is a wired controller, then the controller can be used on the PC, just plug it in the USB port, and it should recognize it and let you use it. If it is a wireless Xbox 360 controller, then you will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows to connect the controller to your PC.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Wired Xbox 360 Controller doesn't work - Windows 10 Pro Ver. 21H1

Hi,

Sounds like a faulty controller to me. Especially if it used to work but now it doesn't and the fact that you've tried it on two different computer's.

Downloading drivers won't help as there are no updated drivers. The drivers for the Xbox 360 controllers are built into Windows 10. There no issues with Xbox 360 controllers and Windows 10 to my knowledge.

The only way for sure would be to try another Xbox 360 controller or a third party Xinput supported controller. Failing that an Xbox One or Series X|S controller.
  4. Optical10 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

My Xbox elite controller just stopped working yesterday on a recently purchased laptop but already had the anniversary update on it so I can't roll back to the previous version of Windows 10.

I've noticed now that in the device and printer section of the Control Panel I've got a Xbox 360 controller for Windows entry which isn't present on another version of Windows 10 install on my desktop PC so this laptop now has two entries the elite controller
    and the Xbox 360 controller in Control Panel.If I disabled the Xbox 360 controller entry I get functionality on the elite controller but on a restart Windows the 360 controller reappears in Control Panel and in device manager.

Strange thing that for a week since I've had this new laptop everything was working fine in, now steam doesn't recognise the elite controller and windows hasn't done an update so how's this happened?
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox 360 wireless controller for windows 7

By "latest version of the adapter", you mean
    this adapter
    , then this will not work with Xbox 360 controllers. This one is only designed for Xbox One controllers.

Microsoft doesn't seem to sell the 360 wireless receiver anymore, but you can
    get it here from Amazon

For the 360 wireless receiver, yes, that is all you need to hook up your 360 controller to the PC. Press the sync button on both the adapter and controller, it should connect without a problem and be instantly recognized by your Windows 7 system.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller for xbox 360 now recognized as a controller for windows and doesn't work in xbox anymore

Hi,

Not sure what's happened here but the problem is either with the controller hardware itself or the Xbox 360. The 360 controllers can be used on both interchangeably. It won't become a 'Windows 360 controller' after you use on a PC. I have an old 360 that I fire up every now and again, my controller works on both my PC and my 360.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 controller for xbox 360 now recognized as a controller for windows and doesn't... - Similar Threads - 360 controller 360

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  4. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  5. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  6. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  7. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  8. Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?: I bought 2 new controllers for my 360, they are identical. I can sync them to my console one at a time but can not synce them both. One will sync and the other continues to search. I shut the...
  9. Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles: I’d like to say just for memories I had with the 360 since it’s getting shut down so why not make a 360 controller for people to use submitted by /u/Imaginary-Ease8041 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...