Xbox 360 controller for Windows 8.1

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller for Windows 8.1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alright please help me out here, I have windows 8.1 I have an HP Pavilion g7 notebook I installed the drivers on the Xbox site for Windows 8. To... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VespidJoker1977, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 controller for Windows 8.1

Alright please help me out here,

I have windows 8.1

I have an HP Pavilion g7 notebook

I installed the drivers on the Xbox site for Windows 8. To play on windows 8 I had to install Windows 7 for 64 bit. But then I had to right click the set up I downloaded... Properties... Click the Checkbox "Compatible with" then Windows 7. I double clicked
    set up.. agreed to terms of service. Restarted my computer..

It would be plugged in prior or not plugged in cus I did it so many times. All it would do is BLINK. I tried different ports, different controllers. I tried the Hardware and Device thingy once, I have installed and reinstalled doing the same thing over and
    over again... with no luck

On my device manager.. its on its own section of Xbox 360 Peripherals. Then i hit the down arrow beside it, below it lists "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller via Play and Charge kit" The device works properly so I am completely lost.... please help

:)

VespidJoker1977, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Problem for controller

I have a problem with my controller of xbox 360 that i use for pc since that i intstalled windows 10 in my computer before that ( with windows 8.1) everything was ok my controller still working because i try to my xbox and its working... i don t understand
    why in my computer its not working like for the xbox 360 or like with windows 8.1 Thank you

LustrousSnow592, Jan 3, 2014
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    I can't find the Xbox 360 Controller Drivers anywhere on the website

The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can be easily installed on any PC that has an available USB port and is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.

Follow the steps here: Set Up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Xbox Live

M3tal Daz3, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 controller for Windows 8.1

The Play and Charge kit doesn't allow a wireless controller to connect to a PC as a game pad. You'll need the wireless gaming receiver for a wireless controller to connect.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 3, 2014
  5. So If I use the usb cord to connect directly to the laptop it still wont work?

VespidJoker1977, Jan 3, 2014
  6. Not via a play and charge kit. The play and charge kit simply charges the gamepad it doesn't turn it into a wired controller.

VisageOfAnAngel, Oct 31, 2018
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

I can't find the Xbox 360 Controller Drivers anywhere on the website

8. XBF Crystal P Win User

Manette Xbox 360 inutilisable sur Windows 10 [Translation - Xbox 360 gamepad not usable on Windows 10]

Hi there Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out!

The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can be easily installed on any PC that has an available USB port and is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7.

Please take a look at the troubleshooting resource for
    How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Hope this helps. Let us know.
  9. XBF Leslie D Win User

Cable play&charge to windows 10

Hi Tomecki1,

Thanks for reaching out to us today! The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows can be easily installed on any PC that has an available USB port and is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7. In regards to this what we suggest is
    to check out our article
    "How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows"

Let us know how it goes.
  10. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

The Play and Charge kit doesn't allow a wireless controller to connect to a PC as a game pad. You'll need the wireless gaming receiver for a wireless controller to connect.
  11. VespidJoker1977 Win User

So If I use the usb cord to connect directly to the laptop it still wont work?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 controller for Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - 360 controller Windows

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  4. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  5. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  6. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  7. Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?: I just need to know where you can install the driver or do people want me to try develop the driver, if I can have some guidelines I believe I can do it with Windows Visual Studio Code and node.js...
  8. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  9. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  10. how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller: actually the problem is i have a ps3 controller that i have been trying to connect but the controller keeps being recognized as xbox360 controller. i tried disabling device signature enforcement...