Xbox 360 controller doesnt work on pc

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller doesnt work on pc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have a wirelles xbox 360 controller and i bought a cable to connect it on the pc but windows arent recognise it as a controller but as an unspesified... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AngelKapaHD, Oct 11, 2017.

1. AngelKapaHD
    AngelKapaHD Guest

i have a wirelles xbox 360 controller and i bought a cable to connect it on the pc but windows arent recognise it as a controller but as an unspesified unit. on the device manager windows recognise it as a controller.I have already tried to connect the controller on
    another computer but it happens the same.Lastly the controller only makes a breathing effect on leds .

Xbox 360 controller doesnt work on pc [​IMG]

Xbox 360 controller doesnt work on pc [​IMG]

:)

AngelKapaHD, Oct 11, 2017
  2. My xbox controller doesnt work on pc

My controller doesnt work. When i play fifa 18 demo or any fifa i cant sprint my player is in the dribbling mod. I tried to configure it but it says that this button (r2) is corupted from another program

TextualCactus95, Oct 11, 2017
  3. InCaudaVenenum, Oct 11, 2017
  4. Xbox 360 controller doesnt work on pc

Hey there AngelKapaHD,

In order to connect an Xbox 360 Wireless controller to a Windows PC you'll need a Xbox 360 Wireless adapter, using a Play and Charge cable will only charge the controller, it's not designed to send or receive data. So that's why it's not showing up properly
    for you.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 12, 2017
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there AngelKapaHD,

In order to connect an Xbox 360 Wireless controller to a Windows PC you'll need a Xbox 360 Wireless adapter, using a Play and Charge cable will only charge the controller, it's not designed to send or receive data. So that's why it's not showing up properly
    for you.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. Kieran Wellbelove Win User

xbox controller glitched on pc

every controller i connect to my pc doesnt work but if it is connected to another pc or an xbox it works
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox 360 controller not working on PC

Is the controller a wireless controller or wired? If it is wireless, how are you connecting it? If by using the play & charge kit, then the Xbox 360 controller will not work, as the cable is only recognized on PC for charging only. You need to use a Xbox
    360 Wireless adapter for PC to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your PC.
  8. InCaudaVenenum Win User

My xbox controller doesnt work on pc

9. Juan Sebastian Carva Win User

Xbox one wireless controler not working on games

Hello,

The controller is already updated with the xbox accesories app, but still happens the same, yesterday i deleted again the xbox 360 for windows driver and it worked, but today it doesnt work again and what is strage is that for some games on steam like destiny 2 the controller always works but for some other on game pass, for example, it doesnt work and they only work if i delete the driver.

best regards

Juan
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 controller doesnt work on pc - Similar Threads - 360 controller doesnt

2. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  3. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  4. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  5. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  6. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  7. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  8. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  10. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...