Xbox 360 continually disconnects from Xbox Live while using the Netflix app

Discus and support Xbox 360 continually disconnects from Xbox Live while using the Netflix app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I use my Xbox 360 console as a way to stream Netflix to my tv. When I boot up the xbox, it connects to Live with no issues. I open the Netflix app and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by scarecrow7250, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Xbox 360 continually disconnects from Xbox Live while using the Netflix app

I use my Xbox 360 console as a way to stream Netflix to my tv. When I boot up the xbox, it connects to Live with no issues. I open the Netflix app and am able to log into and view my account without issue. Then I select a tv show or a movie and after 15-20
    minutes (it varies) I get disconnected from Xbox Live and the Netflix app stops working. I need to exit the app and either manually try to reconnect to live, or completely turn the console off and then on again to reconnect to Live. It's very frustrating.

I would also like to mention that this doesn't happen in other apps on the Xbox, like Youtube. I can purchase a Google Play movie and watch it through the Youtube app without a single instance of being disconnected from Live. Is this an issue with the Netflix
    app? Is someone able to help?

:)

scarecrow7250, Oct 7, 2018
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Random Disconnects from Xbox Live while using Netflix app

Are you connected by Ethernet or Wireless?

Have you tried power cycling the modem/router by unplugging for 10 seconds?

onyxishere, Oct 7, 2018
  3. NinjaMonk3y
    NinjaMonk3y Guest
    Random Disconnects from Xbox Live while using Netflix app

Whatever those hackers did to the server a couple of nights ago made this issue go away, at least as far as I know. Watched a few episodes today with no issues. Seems to be cleared up... For those with the same issue, sorry I don't know what the solution
    was/is...

NinjaMonk3y, Oct 7, 2018
  4. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest

Hello scarecrow,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I do recommend you follow these steps listed below and see if that helps.

1. Go to settings and select System.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Clear cache >How to clear the cache on Xbox 360
    4. Click on the hard drive or memory unit
    5. Games and apps
    6. Remove Netflix
    7. Go to System Items (in storage)
    8. clear marketplace cache
    9. install Netflix
    Let me know if that helps.

Thank you.

XBF Jeremy Z, Oct 7, 2018
  5. JohnnyXeo
    JohnnyXeo Guest
    Sounds like an App issue rather than an Xbox Live issue if everything else is working. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

JohnnyXeo, Oct 7, 2018
  6. Hi XBF Jeremy Z,

I will try this and let you know how I go. Thanks.

7. Thanks JohnnyXeo, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and that didn't help.

8. Xbox 360 continually disconnects from Xbox Live while using the Netflix app

I have followed through your steps up to number 8. But I can't actually perform this step as I can't find the marketplace cache/marketplace system data in order to clear it. Any thoughts?

9. scarecrow7250, Oct 7, 2018
  10. Hi Crow,

Thank you for keeping us updated in regards to the Xbox 360 disconnecting from Xbox Live when using Netflix. As for the question about the ports needed for Xbox Live, I will list it below.
    Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    These are needed when the console has a network problem. I think this situation has more to do with the network itself. What are the network statistics?

Settings > System > Network Settings > Select the network that is set up (Wired or Wireless) then test the Xbox Live Connection and check the Network Statistics.

I hope this helps!

XBF Jasmine Z, Oct 8, 2018
  11. taidara
    taidara Guest
    In your case, forwarding those network ports to your consol's IP shouldn't matter.

Could you describe how your console is connected with/to your router.

Could you also tell us the make and model of your router. If your router terminates into a modem, then provide the m/m for this device as well.

Is Netflix, on the same account, working properly on other devices in your household/subnet? For example, tablet, phone etc.

taidara, Oct 8, 2018
  12. Hi taidara,

Thanks for your questions.

My console is connected to a switch, which is connected to the router via ethernet over power. I also have a raspberry pi running kodi connected to the same switch and that has no issues with internet connectivity.

I have a router + modem combination setup. The modem is a D-Link DSL-502T (configured to be in bridge mode) and my router is an Ubiquiti ER-X-AU.

Yes, Netflix is working without issue whatsoever on all other devices in my household e.g. iPad, PC and Macbook Pro

scarecrow7250, Oct 8, 2018
  13. Xbox 360 continually disconnects from Xbox Live while using the Netflix app

I have opened the recommended ports on my router and tested my Xbox Live Connection and Network Statistics.

When testing the Xbox Live Connection It gave me a NAT Error and said that even though I was able to connect to Xbox Live, my connection was limited. It also said that my NAT type is Moderate.

The Network Statistics are as follows:

Network: Connected

Internet: Connected

Latency: 229 ms

Packet Loss: 0%

Upload Speed: 0.66 Mbps

Download Speed: 5.82 Mbps

Any thoughts?

14. After I performed the testing above I thought I'd check to see whether the ports had actually been opened. Using http://www.canyouseeme.org I tested the different ports that I had
    opened and they all failed....

I think this means that I either didn't set port forwarding up correctly or my ISP is blocking those ports.

15. taidara
    taidara Guest
    That is not an issue. It would have been more troublesome if it reported back, claiming those ports to be opened and thereby exposing specific services on the LAN side of your network. Without a specific NAT mapping for that particular server/service, initaded
    by your Xbox, will have its traffic dropped.

May I ask about your Xbox diagnostic test (ping etc.). 260 ms is quite high in latency towards this specific server.

Roughly 5 mbps is a bit low, though not critical. What if you go on your PC (wired) and go to speedtest.net (or whatever it is called these days). Try with different browsers and have us know the outcome.

Is your switch powered by PoE?

taidara, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 continually disconnects from Xbox Live while using the Netflix app - Similar Threads - 360 continually disconnects

2. Is xbox live on 360 down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is xbox live on 360 down?: Its not letting me sign in or up 80e80f70-786c-4e88-a729-651e13a110a9
  3. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  4. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  5. Xbox 360 network and live pro

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 network and live pro: Hi! Dear helping hands, I’m having an issue accessing my Xbox live account referring to (Mod Removed) Console number: (Mod Removed) ✓ We tried many solutions we have found on the net. ✓...
  6. How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?: I know that xbox live gold now is game pass core, but i want to be sure that when i will redeem game pass core code i would be able to play online. be780707-f773-462d-b006-4b52ef2c6e44
  7. how to use mono on xbox 360 E

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to use mono on xbox 360 E: hello so i use BROKEN speakers(best option for now) with one audio channel missing so how do i get mono on the xbox 360 e(audio jack) i have tried the Obvious way aka going into audio settings...
  8. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  9. Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?: why this console can't play with people on other devices like PC, phone? 14f2a83b-2abc-4da7-af1c-92a6649f3744
  10. All my Xbox 360 Minecraft data is gone

in XBoX on Consoles
    All my Xbox 360 Minecraft data is gone: Recently I finally found my old Microsoft account, I thought it would have all the Minecraft worlds me and my little sister made when we were young but it turns out Xbox cleared all my **** data...