Xbox 360 connecting to WiFi but not Internet

Discus and support Xbox 360 connecting to WiFi but not Internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have an issue connecting my xbox 360 to the Internet. I'm connecting via a hotspot from my phone. The phone is connected to a WiFi network which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The DOO, Mar 2, 2022.

1. The DOO
    The DOO Guest

Hi

I have an issue connecting my xbox 360 to the Internet. I'm connecting via a hotspot from my phone. The phone is connected to a WiFi network which has a 2 state login and the xbox doesn't find anyway.

So I turn on tte phone hotspot and the xbox finds it and connects no problem. But it fails to connect to the internet. The xbox has been factory reset.

It's aong story as to why I can't connect direct to the WiFi but it's not an option, neither is a hardwired connection.

Any suggestions?

:)

The DOO, Mar 2, 2022
  2. XBF - Drew Win User

Hi The DOO,

This Xbox support article offers troubleshooting for Xbox 360 network problems. Please follow the steps to test your network connection and connecting to the internet.

Best regards,

XBF Drew
  3. TanviA Win User

XBox Live connection failing

hi Tripp, Thanks for prompt response.

I am getting

"Test Failed"

Internet Error

Unplug the power from the router or modem for 30 seconds. Reconnect the power and wait another 30 seconds.

Can't accesss the internet. There my be a problem with your connection. Visit www.xbox.com/internet-help for more help.

Restart Test

Next Suggestion

Xbox 360 --> Wifi Access point --> Internet --> XBpx Live.

Green dots between xbox 360 and wifi access point also beteween access point and internet. I am connected to the same wify access point from my laptop and it is working without any issues.

I am based out of India, service provider is Airtel.

I tried reconfiguring XBox 360 and my modem(braoadband -betel).

No error codes only red cross mark some times between my wifi ap and internet, some times internet and xbox live.
  4. Gandino-BDC7B5D3-980 Win User

Unable to Download 360 Information

I have the same problem and i resolve using wifi connection and no Ethernet cable.

I think that all of you have a cable connection.

With wifi connection Xbox download 360 information, then you are able to download your 360 profile. Try more time if don't start immediatly.

But if you return to use Ethernet cable the problem come back and is not possible connect your profile to internet.

This have no sense, the Xbox one is connect, my Xbox 360 use an Ethernet connection and go online with no problem.

But my 360 profile on Xbox one need only a wifi connection??

I already explane this thing in this forum, but no one of ms support give me a response.
  5. Rpgsforever123 Win User

Crash Bandicoot

Do I need to be able to connect to Xboxlive from my 360 to play them? ..Cause I have an Xbox Live account but I don't have a network adapter for my 360 to connect to my wifi so my 360 isn't connected to the internet yet.
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Controller Issue and Xbox One Placement

Well, the xbox one uses WiFi direct to connect while the Xbox 360 uses other technology.

In short, the design of the Xbox One and the WiFi hardware card on the console has been problematic for many as far as controller connection. My response is, do what works best and maybe consider re-arranging the room and rooms adjacent so that any WiFi
    interference is eliminated entirely. Also consider plugging in the xbox one vs. using a WiFi internet connection.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 connecting to WiFi but not Internet - Similar Threads - 360 connecting WiFi

2. How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?: bought the Xbox 360 model e for my son and he can’t connect to WiFi because Xbox shut down their 360 servers so I need to know before I buy this WiFi adapter for the Xbox...
  3. My 360 isn't connecting to wifi wirelessly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 360 isn't connecting to wifi wirelessly: Xbox people that work at Xbox facility place un can you help me out with my problem with my slim model xbox360 for wireless connection with wifi... 6d5eeee4-2c50-4efb-a138-2fadbbc3d8fb
  4. XBOX 360 Not connecting to wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Not connecting to wifi network: Hi, I tried to use my xbox 360 after a long time and it needs a system update. But i keep getting error when it try to configure the network. It connects to the network, but its not able to...
  5. Xbox 360 is connected to Wifi, but cannot connect to Spectrum Network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 is connected to Wifi, but cannot connect to Spectrum Network: Every device on the network is connected and works properly. However the xbox 360 is connected to the network with full signal but when running an xbox live connection test it fails to connect to...
  6. Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender: My xbox 360 is unable to connect to the internet when I plugged an ethernet cord from it into the TP-Link RE220 wifi extender. Any solutions? [img] 6064f194-0718-4ab3-be45-d2ecd51efcf9
  7. How do I connect Xbox 360 to my phone and get wifi w

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I connect Xbox 360 to my phone and get wifi w: So not to long at all I tried to get my phone to connect to the Xbox and it didn't pop up and I was trying to get wifi on it 23dc8c08-dae0-49fe-b0ab-102b01ccdaf5
  8. Xbox 360 won't connect to new Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won't connect to new Wifi: I had internet outages in my area and got a new Modem and Router I can see the new network, I'm sure I entered in the right password, but it just won't connect. I've tried with my Internet...
  9. my xbox 360 will not connect to my internet. it connects to my wifi but it's just the...

in XBoX on Windows
    my xbox 360 will not connect to my internet. it connects to my wifi but it's just the...: my xbox 360 will not connect to my internet. it connects to my wifi but it's just the internet part and wont pass a xbox live test connection a918ed53-c360-46e3-9c93-f366cae3438b
  10. Xbox 360 can't connect to WiFi due to needing browser login

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to WiFi due to needing browser login: Hello everyone. I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my internet, but it requires using the browser to login to the network. Everytime I try to open the browser it just takes a while to load and...