Xbox 360 connected via ethernet but cannot access Xbox live

Discus and support Xbox 360 connected via ethernet but cannot access Xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Problem is just as it says - my 360 is connected to the internet via an ethernet connection, but I'm not getting through to Xbox Live. Nothing has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mythic3lf, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Mythic3lf
    Mythic3lf Guest

Problem is just as it says - my 360 is connected to the internet via an ethernet connection, but I'm not getting through to Xbox Live. Nothing has changed with my setup, and I've restarted my modem as it says, but I'm getting nowhere.

:)

Mythic3lf, Feb 23, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

3. Mythic3lf Win User

Thank you for following up. The steps laid out in the earlier reply didn't solve my issue, but I switched ethernet ports on my router and I'm now able to connect.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Mythic3lf,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to access your Xbox Live on Xbox 360. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Try to check this support article that is related to your concern - Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live. Please note that you need to make sure you can access your account on Account with Xbox and check the Xbox Status.

If you have a different concern kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Mythic3lf,

We hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up regarding your concern as we still have not received any response from you since our last follow up message. Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Kind regards,

6. matterinoman Win User

Xbox freezes when connected to Internet via ethernet

That doesnt make any sense - You dont pay for a Xbox 360 and expect the ethernet not to work - Right?

I reset the router to factory defaults and it still freezes when connected via ethernet

I manually configured the internet setup on the xbox and it still freezes via ethernet

When I disconnect ethernet and connect to network via WiFi it does not freeze

What is causing the ethernet connection to make the xbox freeze?

I am racking my brain and cannot figure this out!

HELP!!!!
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 connected via ethernet but cannot access Xbox live - Similar Threads - 360 connected via

2. Unable to connect to xbox 360 online via games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to xbox 360 online via games: Hello, I can sign in on my profile but unable to connect to the xbox 360 live service after loading up multiple 360 games. I am connected to the Internet via the series x. I have uninstall and...
  3. Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender: My xbox 360 is unable to connect to the internet when I plugged an ethernet cord from it into the TP-Link RE220 wifi extender. Any solutions? [img] 6064f194-0718-4ab3-be45-d2ecd51efcf9
  4. Can't connect to Xbox Live on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't connect to Xbox Live on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility: Hey, So earlier today I was playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 via Backwards Compatibility on Xbox 360 when suddenly my connection cut out. Since then I have been unable to connect to Xbox Live...
  5. cant connect an Xbox 360 controller to PC windows 10 via cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant connect an Xbox 360 controller to PC windows 10 via cable: I failed to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC via cable the controller is an original Microsoft Xbox 360 controller from 2013. the PC is running windows 10. after connecting the...
  6. Cannot connect to Xbox Live 360 via Xbox One backwards compatible.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live 360 via Xbox One backwards compatible.: Does anyone have a fix to a problem that I just came across not being able to sign into Xbox Live on a backwards compatible game? I have an achievement session for Halo 3 but cannot participate...
  7. cant connect xbox 360 controller to windows via USB

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant connect xbox 360 controller to windows via USB: i cant connect xbox 360 controller to my laptop via USB, the wire is new and it works on Xbox 360 console and i have the latest windows 10 installed (1903). i have tried methods in xbox site but...
  8. How to connect older xbox 360 to online via laptop (windows 8)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect older xbox 360 to online via laptop (windows 8): I have a how to video on how i fixed my problem last night. I bought an older used Elite 360 and didnt think it doesnt have a wireless adapter built in. So after hours searching thru forums and...
  9. Can't seem to connect Xbox 360 to the Internet via Windows 8 desktop (w/existing static IP ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't seem to connect Xbox 360 to the Internet via Windows 8 desktop (w/existing static IP ...: I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to the internet to use my Live account. I'm following these instructions. My desktop is running Windows 8 that has a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet. I...
  10. Cannot connect to network via 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to network via 360: I was using wireless dsl before, recently I upgraded to 50mbps connection via comcast xfinity. I'm using a brand new out of the box 100mbps switch by netgear and a netgear modem. I've hardlined...