Xbox 360 community hard drive

Discus and support Xbox 360 community hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son just bought an Xbox 360 today so he could finally play his Spy vs Spy game. Brought it home and plugged everything in, and now we get a message... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Holly Rodriguez, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Xbox 360 community hard drive

My son just bought an Xbox 360 today so he could finally play his Spy vs Spy game. Brought it home and plugged everything in, and now we get a message that says he needs a community hard drive in order to play this game. Of course I looked online, but since I'm going to be buying this piece used, I need to know exactly what it is that I need to buy. What hard drive does he need? Any cables or components that I should make sure that it comes with? Thank you!

:)

Holly Rodriguez, Aug 22, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Holly, this game in question is from the original xbox, a model before the xbox 360.

These games must only work on the original xbox 360 HD.

Then you will need to search for that specific hard drive, the original model, made for the xbox 360.

I am at your disposal for any further queries.
  3. Mister Beep Win User

Prince of Persia sands of time

What specific Xbox 360 console do you own? Do you have an official Xbox 360 hard drive attached? In order to play Original Xbox games on Xbox 360, you need a console with an official Xbox 360 hard drive since the software required is stored on the hard drives
    themselves. 3rd party hard drives or non-official Xbox 360 hard drives will not work.

Hope this helps!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Cannot play downloaded game from Xbox store on xbox 360

Hi,

Is your Xbox 360 hard drive an official hard drive? If you bought a '360 Hard drive' from private sellers on eBay or Amazon, then it's likely that the drive is not official hard drive.

Only official Xbox 360 hard drives from Microsoft will play original Xbox games using backwards compatibility. Only they contain the files in order for the emulation software to work. This will not effect Xbox 360 titles.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

I can’t get the original Xbox game, Knights of the old republic, to run on my 360.

Hi,

It's likely because the hard drive you're using on the Xbox 360 isn't an official Microsoft hard drive. Only official Xbox hard drives from MS will allow you to run original Xbox games made backwards compatible on the 360 platform.

Original Xbox games won't run on a 360 if:

• You don't have an internal hard drive
    • Your internal drive is not official - knock off hard drives from eBay and Amazon won't run original games.
    • Your 360 hard drive is faulty
  6. Zero420override Win User

Xbox 360 unformatted disk

Thema:

1. Xbox 360 community hard drive - Similar Threads - 360 community hard

2. Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.: Hey, I know this is a long shot, but there any chance of this being compatible with the Xbox 360? https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit My gut instinct...
  3. Is xbox live on 360 down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is xbox live on 360 down?: Its not letting me sign in or up 80e80f70-786c-4e88-a729-651e13a110a9
  4. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  5. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  6. Xbox 360 network and live pro

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 network and live pro: Hi! Dear helping hands, I’m having an issue accessing my Xbox live account referring to (Mod Removed) Console number: (Mod Removed) ✓ We tried many solutions we have found on the net. ✓...
  7. How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?: I know that xbox live gold now is game pass core, but i want to be sure that when i will redeem game pass core code i would be able to play online. be780707-f773-462d-b006-4b52ef2c6e44
  8. how to use mono on xbox 360 E

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to use mono on xbox 360 E: hello so i use BROKEN speakers(best option for now) with one audio channel missing so how do i get mono on the xbox 360 e(audio jack) i have tried the Obvious way aka going into audio settings...
  9. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  10. Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 isolated from other devices?: why this console can't play with people on other devices like PC, phone? 14f2a83b-2abc-4da7-af1c-92a6649f3744