Xbox 360 color looks like crap on new TV.

Discus and support Xbox 360 color looks like crap on new TV. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greetings all, So I decided to finally get out of dinosaur age and get a new flat panel HDTV. TV looks awesome with cable. However when I connected... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StephBK511, Jan 2, 2014.

1. StephBK511
    StephBK511 Guest

Greetings all,

So I decided to finally get out of dinosaur age and get a new flat panel HDTV. TV looks awesome with cable. However when I connected the Xbox to the TV the color looks like crap. The colors are off. As for example. When playing Black Ops and you see an enemy,
    the name is suppose to be in red, it is PURPLE! The Xbox I have is the old white one that does not even have an input for an HDMI cable. What do you think the issue is? Could it be that I have bad cables or is it my dino xbox?

:)

StephBK511, Jan 2, 2014
  2. katie22964
    katie22964 Guest
    no color

set up new xbox 360 kinect and have no color on the TV, but color works on TV when game system is off.

katie22964, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Stef11111
    Stef11111 Guest
    Next Xbox mainly in WHITE

I just would like the next Xbox in white color.

Black doesn't look good on the 360, in my opinion, so sell the new Xbox mainly in WHITE, please.

Stef11111, Jan 2, 2014
  4. dlCHIEF58
    dlCHIEF58 Guest

It is probably one of two things. Either your cable is bad as you suspect or the TV is not set up with the proper input settings. Assuming you are using the component cables (not S-video or composite), your TV may be set to interpret the signal as CMYK instead
    of RGB - check that in your TV input settings. Same applies if you are using a VGA cable. You also may check the plug on the cable to make sure it is set to HDTV and not SDTV (on component cable).

dlCHIEF58, Jan 2, 2014
  5. StephBK511
    StephBK511 Guest
    Thanks Chief!

I am going to buy another cable tonight and see if that helps and check the settings. Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! =)

StephBK511, Oct 31, 2018
  6. StephBK511 Win User

Thanks Chief!

I am going to buy another cable tonight and see if that helps and check the settings. Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! =)
  7. dlCHIEF58 Win User

It is probably one of two things. Either your cable is bad as you suspect or the TV is not set up with the proper input settings. Assuming you are using the component cables (not S-video or composite), your TV may be set to interpret the signal as CMYK instead
    of RGB - check that in your TV input settings. Same applies if you are using a VGA cable. You also may check the plug on the cable to make sure it is set to HDTV and not SDTV (on component cable).
  8. HisSvt2 Win User

Picture quality degredation, crushed blacks etc. with HDMI input

I have my Xbox 360 running media center thru my Xbox one.

I fixed this completely by setting the Xbox one to HDMI only with 24 bit color the standard color setting not the PC full range.

Then on the Xbox 360 set it's HDMI to standard output not the intermediate or expanded.

Now all my shows and TV look just like they do when I switch my TV to it's ota antenna input.
  9. IntenseJames Win User

Will Vehicles,Boats and Planes run on fuel in GTA 5?

People don't like any new change.Remember the black and white TV going to color TV people did not want it because they said it would ruin our eyes and that the color was bad for us people are just afraid of change.
  10. Elohmn Win User

Something new?

It is the name of my Xbox 360 but it is a new Icon in addition to the one that already exist. It's Picture is very similar to the Metro Design and the "look" (colors and such) of the new Forums.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 color looks like crap on new TV. - Similar Threads - 360 color looks

2. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  3. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  4. Recover things from a long wiped 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover things from a long wiped 360: I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was...
  5. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  6. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  7. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  8. If Xbox 360 has a color option like Xbox one

in XBoX on Windows
    If Xbox 360 has a color option like Xbox one: I’m just wondering if the 360 had a setting where you can change the background color on the Home Screen I know themes apply on both Xbox 360 and one but color seems to be on Xbox one and beyond...
  9. Xbox 360 e console and power supply has a color red light while it is on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 e console and power supply has a color red light while it is on.: Xbox 360 e console and power supply has a color red light while it is on. 9a3903e1-c6ef-4df4-a028-3f946812a5ee
  10. Xbox 360- games B& W, dvds play color

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- games B& W, dvds play color: When games are played, example new Lego Avengers video displays in B & W. Playing movie DVD displays in color with no changes to cables or settings. Help, suggestions are appreciated!...