Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error

Discus and support Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live. We have tried almost all solutions, and the router works just fine. Every time we sign in, it gives us this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GaborFuzi, Apr 15, 2020.

1. GaborFuzi
    GaborFuzi Guest

My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live. We have tried almost all solutions, and the router works just fine. Every time we sign in, it gives us this error:

Your console can't connect to Xbox Live. Do you want to exit this session and test your network connection? If you are playing a game, you will lose any unsaved progress.

We have never connected to Xbox Live before, but would love to download some stuff from the store. It would be great if we could finally use Xbox Live and its features.

:)

GaborFuzi, Apr 15, 2020
  2. ibrahim yavaş
    ibrahim yavaş New Member
    xbox 360 internet e live bağlanmıyor her yerini her ayarını değiştirdim ama bir türlü çözüme kavuşamadım

ibrahim yavaş, Oct 20, 2021
  3. iLuvGunsAndRock Win User

xbox wont connect to internet

4. GaborFuzi Win User

I will attempt to try moving the xbox, but I don't think my ISP could help, as the quality of the internet is perfect, if we connect to it using any other device. We just can't seem to connect the xbox to the internet. Can you please explain why we would
    need the help of our ISP to solve this issue?
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

usually this happens when there is a problem with your network setup. please check this link and go through all the steps, if the link is unhelpful it may be that you need to speak with your internet service provide->

Xbox 360 DNS error help
  6. omgjordin Win User

Xbox 360 dns problem

Hello! Thanks for reaching out on the forums. Here are some steps that might help resolve your issue.

Like many other network devices, the Xbox 360 uses the domain name system (DNS) to translate Internet addresses into numerical Internet protocol (IP) addresses. If the console is unable to retrieve the values for the DNS, the Xbox 360 will not be able to
    connect to the Xbox Live network properly. The following demonstrates how to resolve most issues surrounding DNS errors, which can be caused by faulty networking equipment or incorrectly set DNS values.

1. Turn off the Xbox 360 console by pressing the power button on the front of the console. If you have a wireless networking adapter installed, unplug it from the USB port. Turn off all wired or wireless hardware capable of supplying an Internet connection
      to the Xbox 360 console; this includes wired and wireless routers and modems.
    2. Turn on the modem and allow it to fully restart. Then, turn on the wired or wireless router connected to the Xbox 360 console and allow it to fully restart. Repeat this process for every other piece of hardware connected to the console.
    3. Turn on the Xbox 360 console and scroll to “My Xbox”. Select “System Settings” and then select “Network Settings”. Choose between “Wired Network” or “Wireless Network” and then select Test Xbox Live Connection. Allow the test to fully complete. If any DNS
      errors persist, move on to the next step.
    4. Enter a manual DNS value for use with the Xbox 360 console. This value can be retrieved from your computer by checking its network settings, or by contacting your ISP. Make sure to copy the values down on a piece of paper. After acquiring the correct DNS
      values, select the wired or wireless network you’re using on your console and select “Configure Network." Choose “DNS Settings” on the “Basic Settings” tab and select Manual. Select “Primary DNS Server” and enter the first DNS value. Select “Secondary DNS
      Server” and enter the second DNS value. Afterwards, test the Xbox Live connection once more.
    5. Use a direct connection to your modem if you still have DNS errors. Directly plug your Xbox 360’s Ethernet cable into the modem. If the DNS error is resolved, you may be having problems with your router. Consult the router’s instruction manual for how to
      resolve this problem.
  7. Player867070838 Win User

BT Home Hub and Xbox Live

My Xbox hasn't got built in wifi, which is why I'm using an ethernet cable.

I'm getting the error "your dns server can't resolve xbox live server names".

My xbox connects to the network but not the internet.

And I have tried setting Googles DNS servers and the OpenDNS servers, which resulted in it not even connecting to the network
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error - Similar Threads - 360 can't connect

2. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  3. I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what: I've tried both wi-fi and ethernet both at my own place and someone else's and it won't connect. I need it to connect so I can download an update for a game. c6499c00-7999-466a-887e-f231bb65e5de
  4. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  5. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  6. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  7. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  8. My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911: Can't connect to xbox live on xbox 360 3e067eef-f17d-452c-b236-e24ecf004ee6
  9. I can't connect the xbox 360 to the Romania region

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect the xbox 360 to the Romania region: I can't connect the xbox 360 to the Romania region 183b839b-a5d5-445e-8efa-8d08690c16e4
  10. My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live: Over the past month or so, my Xbox 360 console(Serial No. 527136414805) has not been able to login to Xbox live. A friend of mine, Misakii9548, thinks it's because my profile is corrupt, so I...