Xbox 360 can't connect to wireless hotspot

Discus and support Xbox 360 can't connect to wireless hotspot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Have not been able to connect my 360 to my hotspot (Verizon 890L) lately & therefore can't connect to Xbox Live. Signal strength is good. All other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CJT PM5K, Dec 27, 2015.

1. CJT PM5K
    CJT PM5K Guest

Have not been able to connect my 360 to my hotspot (Verizon 890L) lately & therefore can't connect to Xbox Live. Signal strength is good. All other household devices connect fine. Went thru all suggestions presented by the console multiple times.
    Went thru all of the online support steps. Adjusted settings on my hotspot. Nothing has worked. Been scouring Xbox.com for several hours now. No dice. Any help would be appreciated. It used to connect fine. Thanks in advance.

Error Status Report:

W: 0000 - 0000

X: 8000 - 0011

Y: 0000 - 0000

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 8015 - 1000

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wireless

A: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0

D: 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0

N: WirelessRouterName

S: WPA2

C: 0

:)

CJT PM5K, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Hotspot

I had been using the hotspot through my iPhone to connect my Xbox to the internet. A few days ago this stopped working. My Xbox says it can't connect to my wireless network. Seems the Xbox doesn't acknowledge the network at all. Anybody help?

NightOwl60652, Dec 27, 2015
  3. LordFlux
    LordFlux Guest
    is my H20 BOLT 4G wireless Internet compatible with my xbox 360?

I'm not really familiar with the H2O Bolt device, but I believe it uses a USB adapter that you can plug into a PC. If that's the case and you have a PC in your home, you can use Internet Connection Sharing to share the network connection on the PC with your
    XBox 360. Microsoft has provided a guide
    here

Now it looks like H2O provides a wireless hotspot called the 'Spider'. If you have an XBox 360 w/ official wireless adapter, XBox 360 S, or XBox 360 E, then you should be able to connect to the wireless hotspot directly.

LordFlux, Dec 27, 2015
  4. cestmoi64
    cestmoi64 Guest

I'd have a look at the Verizon admin page from one of the devices that will connect as a starting place. (www.verizonwireless.com/.../knowledge-base-50008).

I'll throw a few ideas out here and see if any get you further:

1. Can you connect to the hotspot but not connect to xbox live, or does the wireless connection fail completely?

2. Check the Verizon admin page for port forwarding and check that the following ports are allowed through:

Port 88 (UDP)

•Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

•Port 80 (TCP)

for a tips and further reading on how to do this visit:
    support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

3. Alongside this the Verizon firewall may be blocking the connection. To check this try temporarily disabling the hotspots firewall from the admin login from another device.

4. Try temporarily disabling the security passphrase for the wifi (I don't recommend doing this for long but it may help you troubleshoot)

5. Give your 360 a fixed IP address and add it to the DMZ on the Verizon hotspot (This will tell the Verizon hotspot to completely allow traffic from your xbox 360's IP through without filtering

I hope something in this post helps you out. If it helps at all please like the post

cestmoi64, Dec 28, 2015
  5. CJT PM5K
    CJT PM5K Guest
    Thanks for the reply. The 360 recognizes the hotspot, but can't connect to it. Password is correct. Tried setting it up by entering the specific IP. That produced the same results. I've never had to do much with networking so I've been hesitant to do anything
    with the ports. But I will try that later this evening. Kind of Leary about the DMZ. Doesn't that open it up to outside communications (control/threats)?

I'll post more later. Thanks again.

CJT PM5K, Dec 28, 2015
  6. CJT PM5K
    CJT PM5K Guest
    OK...didn't get back to this until today. I went to attempt the port forwarding only to discover that my I needed to input my console's IP addy. Problem is/was, my IP, subnet & gateway were all zeroed out (0.0.0.0) along with the DNS settings. So I had to
    crash course on all of that. I thought once I set that up, it might work w/o port forwarding. From what I could tell, manually entering this information allowed me to create my own IP, the subnet wants to be 255.255.255.0 (?) And the gateway is my wireless
    routers IP. After looking at Verizon's portal for my hotspot, I assumed that I needed to enter their primary & secondary DNS.

None of that worked so I proceeded with the port forwarding.
    forums.xbox.com/.../1447276.aspx
    only recommends 3074, so there's a conflict. Do I actually need to do 53, 80 & 88 as well? At any rate, I tried 3074 but found that I needed a private port following the IP. Would that be 3074?

I'm really at a loss right now.

CJT PM5K, Dec 29, 2015
  7. CJT PM5K
    CJT PM5K Guest
    OK. Breakthrough. After trying a ton of stuff, decided to reset the hotspot to factory settings. Not sure how anything could've possibly changed on it to begin with (& I'm not noticing anything different now), but I'm back up & running.

CJT PM5K, Oct 31, 2018
  8. XBF Lance J Win User

Xbox live

Hey IIayna Day,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand you are trying to setup a wireless connection between your Xbox 360 and your android's hotspot. Make sure your Xbox 360 is capable of establishing a wireless connection. Once you have confirmed this, simply turn
    on your hotspot and access the Network Settings on your console. If your Xbox detects your hotspot, it will show up under your Available Networks. Noe select the hotspot and type in the password if prompted. Feel free to check out our

Configure Your Wireless Network
    article for detailed instructions on setting it up. Let us know how it goes! :D
  9. LordFlux Win User

is my H20 BOLT 4G wireless Internet compatible with my xbox 360?

I'm not really familiar with the H2O Bolt device, but I believe it uses a USB adapter that you can plug into a PC. If that's the case and you have a PC in your home, you can use Internet Connection Sharing to share the network connection on the PC with your
    XBox 360. Microsoft has provided a guide
    here

Now it looks like H2O provides a wireless hotspot called the 'Spider'. If you have an XBox 360 w/ official wireless adapter, XBox 360 S, or XBox 360 E, then you should be able to connect to the wireless hotspot directly.
  10. UD_Dogwater Win User

XBox One S refusing to connect to any wifi.

Did the reset, still only gets to 'checking connection' and then tells me it can't connect to the wireless network. tried it with multiple hotspots.
  11. Anthony Casella Win User

Xbox 360 won't connect to internet without ethernet cable

What specifically would allow the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter to connect while the built-in wifi would not?

My Xbox 360 S detects a wireless signal with 4 bars, and I am testing it while sitting it right next to the modem, so there is no issue with signal strength.

My Xbox 360 S's built-in wifi is able to connect to a hotspot, and it is even able to connect to my neighbor's wifi from my house.
  12. kyle_m4496 Win User

MTU error

Hi Dark333. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

To clarify, you previously used your Xbox 360 with a phone hotspot, and have now switched ISPs and can't connect to your new network, is that correct?

Does your Xbox 360 get the same error when connected to your phone hotspot?

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 can't connect to wireless hotspot - Similar Threads - 360 can't connect

2. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  3. I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what: I've tried both wi-fi and ethernet both at my own place and someone else's and it won't connect. I need it to connect so I can download an update for a game. c6499c00-7999-466a-887e-f231bb65e5de
  4. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  5. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  6. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  7. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  8. My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911: Can't connect to xbox live on xbox 360 3e067eef-f17d-452c-b236-e24ecf004ee6
  9. I can't connect the xbox 360 to the Romania region

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect the xbox 360 to the Romania region: I can't connect the xbox 360 to the Romania region 183b839b-a5d5-445e-8efa-8d08690c16e4
  10. My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live: Over the past month or so, my Xbox 360 console(Serial No. 527136414805) has not been able to login to Xbox live. A friend of mine, Misakii9548, thinks it's because my profile is corrupt, so I...