Xbox 360 bought a new one but slow download speed

Discus and support Xbox 360 bought a new one but slow download speed in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox 360 bought a new one but slow download speed Remove any device not being used from router 608fcb8a-c5e7-46f6-8cf5-abc09dc03dad Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by jacobantel14, Apr 24, 2019.

1. jacobantel14
    jacobantel14 Guest

Remove any device not being used from router

:)

jacobantel14, Apr 24, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

I would say it's unlikely, but not completely out of the question. The max theoretical speed of 2.4GHz wifi is 240Mbs which is far above the numbers you quoted, but in comparison to what you're getting on 5GHz, which has a theoretical max speed of 1300Mbs,
    the speed difference could explain the discrepency, but not wholly the cause for the discrepency.

The hardware for the Xbox 360 was designed over a decade ago, and the last 360 model (360 E) was implemented 6 years ago, so the NIC could be an older, and thus likely, slower model, which would be the discrepency. The 360 wifi is 802.11 b/g/n, while the
    Xbox One is 802.11 n, so might want to see what connection it's using on your router? 802.11 b or g will be slower than n. I don't remember the speed differences between the two off the top of my head, though.
  3. jacobantel14 Win User

Sorry for my word i put but if someone that has at&t uverse and same problem let me know its weird because its just my xbox 360 not my pc or xbox one could it do with 5ghz and it should use 2.4 ghz not 5ghz??
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

This page here has some steps on troubleshooting slow download speeds. It's not going to solve all the
    problems you might have with your networking, but it will only help. There are a number of factors that can cause varying network speeds between devices. The NIC itself, it's speeds, drivers, ect, wireless connection (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) can vary speeds as
    well, so because other devices have a higher speed, doesn't mean something is inherently wrong with the device.

Let us know if you have any questions or have some speifics in the process that might change any troubleshooting, and we'll be happy to help.
  5. meresidesoldier Win User

Remove any device not being used from router
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Jacob!

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums regarding your network speeds. You can always troubleshoot your network by following the steps on the link below.

You can also look into port forwarding your console to see if this helps. Follow the steps provided to you on the following support page to port forward.

If the issue persists and you continue to experience slow speeds then it is possible that this is on the Internet Service Providers side.

Give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 bought a new one but slow download speed - Similar Threads - 360 bought slow

2. I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...: It was tested on an original Xbox and it worked. I downloaded the most recent update, and even still, it will not work. I have checked, and it is on the list of those that SHOULD be compatible. It...
  3. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  4. I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360,...: I need help, I just bought Minecraft and I put it into the console, which is an Xbox 360, and I get error code 03-57-00, what do I do? Comentarios 4ad02f52-ba3b-4d89-9388-4eee0b89f68a
  5. Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?: I bought Phantasy Star Universe: Ambitions of the Illumnis for the 360, it's not even an option on Xbox One. d25c2c75-851e-4242-bfa6-62c811e84429
  6. I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in...: I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in German, can I somehow change it to English or Polish? 7726f092-0487-4cb1-98db-1f6e57105010
  7. just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...: bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its doing it with all my 360 games e9df6b40-85c6-47d0-80d4-805a8bb1e817
  8. I bought a backwards compatible game and it doesnt show up on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a backwards compatible game and it doesnt show up on 360: I bought Rare Replay since it had a bunch of 360 games bundled in, but when i try to download any of them on my xbox 360 it still tells me that i need to buy them, do i need to rebuy them to play...
  9. Can I play a 360 game I bought on my xbox one on 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play a 360 game I bought on my xbox one on 360?: I bought a xbox 360 game on my xbox one so can I play it also on my xbox 360? fe25df41-48ca-4b06-9cf0-a68113aff743
  10. I bought gta v on the series s, do i get to play with the progress i had on my xbox 360 on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought gta v on the series s, do i get to play with the progress i had on my xbox 360 on...: I bought gta v on the series s, do i get to play with the progress i had on my xbox 360 on the online? 0858b7c3-0603-41c6-a069-d09fd5eda07a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 slow download