Xbox 360 boots up logo, then shuts off for days. ( not a power supply error.)

Discus and support Xbox 360 boots up logo, then shuts off for days. ( not a power supply error.) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Help me please, my Xbox 360 only boots up to logo or only has a chance to, then it shuts off! I’ve even bought an entirely new power brick and I can’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aquille Campbell, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Xbox 360 boots up logo, then shuts off for days. ( not a power supply error.)

Help me please, my Xbox 360 only boots up to logo or only has a chance to, then it shuts off!

I’ve even bought an entirely new power brick and I can’t let this go to waste!

:)

Aquille Campbell, Feb 6, 2022
  2. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hello, Aquille Campbell,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. You are having issues with your Xbox 360 console shutting off. I am happy to help and provide suggestions that will hopefully resolve the issue. Below I provided some troubleshooting steps you can try with your Xbox 360 if it experiences these particular issues. Unfortunately, if none of these issues fix the problem, my best suggestion would be to look for an Xbox 360 through a secondhand market as we no longer support the console or accessories nor repair the consoles. Also, when did this issue start? Is there an error code that quickly populates? It may not be a power supply issue, but it can be a power issue within the console itself.

Xbox 360 power supply This article describes the power supply unit (PSU) and power cords for the Xbox 360 console.

Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 power supply. If your Xbox 360 console doesn't turn on, we'll walk you through some steps to correct the problem.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."
  3. ItzAprilLol Win User

Need help with YouTube

Hold in the power button until the console shuts off, leave the console unplugged for 5 minutes, then plug back in and start up, upon start up, you should have the green boot screen with the Xbox Logo.
  4. ComputerWarrior Win User

xbox 360S turns off any time an HDMI cable is connected

I've had my 360 for over ten years. The main issue that shuts down a system is the power supply. You say its not a power issue, but that is exactly what you're encountering. If a power supply is degraded, the 5v an 12v peripherals can interfere with
    eachother for load. If the HDMI is adding a load, that the Power Supply (PS) cannot handle, it will detect a fault and shutdown. Mine is simply shutting down the NIC when I ad HDMI for it to display and boot up.
  5. LeahYolo69 Win User

Xbox won’t run games and shutting off

No noises, and i left it for a day and it booted up fine. I put the xbox on power saver settings as well. I spent a few hours updating games and it seemed to be running fine. I started playing red dead for anout 10 min and then it shut off again.

i think its something to do with the power supply, but i cant open it because i dont have the right screw driver for it.
  6. K4P3T0WN Win User

Xbox One Kinect no longer works and my games either freeze or no sound after update

This worked for me:

Shut down your Xbox One

Remove the power cable from the back of xbox ( you should hear the hdd shut off)

Let your Xbox One sit for 2 mins without any power cable connected to it.

Plug in power cable after two mins is up, wait another 30 seconds and then power up your system from the front touch panel button.

You will see the xbox green login logo and hear the xbox boot up sound and your kinect should be working just like new :)
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 boots up logo, then shuts off for days. ( not a power supply error.) - Similar Threads - 360 boots logo

2. Hey there when I boot up my Xbox 360, it says "system update failed. Status code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey there when I boot up my Xbox 360, it says "system update failed. Status code...: I need to update but it won't let me 0b85c6ff-d58d-4f23-95d7-3009cead6aac
  3. Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...: I keep getting booted off of multiplayer on battlefield 3 Xbox 360 stating it can't read the disk, the disk is dirty, but I'm playing on a digital copy? No disk 3c1658df-fc75-4e8d-a104-75722ea3f4c7
  4. Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 stuck in a "boot loop," or overheating?: My Xbox 360 hasn't been played in some time. I foolishly let my nephew borrow it for a summer, and upon return, it does not stay on. It turns itself off after a couple of minutes. I have attempted...
  5. Xbox 360 freez and now won't boot up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 freez and now won't boot up: HELLO i am i want to ask some questions here my xbox 360 wont boot up but its turned on and fan everything is working fine but its stay on a black screen i have trying other tv other HDMI cable...
  6. Can you boot up an Xbox 360 S if you replace its drive with a drive from an Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you boot up an Xbox 360 S if you replace its drive with a drive from an Xbox 360...: I have a working drive from a standard old Xbox 360 console (white unit). I also have a working Xbox 360 S console. Would the Xbox S console boot up if I pull the drive and replace it with the...
  7. Xbox 360 elite failing to boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 elite failing to boot: when I turn on the Xbox 360 the on-off light is on but the circle is completely black. There is nothing showing on the TV and I have tried using HDMI HDTV composite and the standard TV AV. The...
  8. My 360 will turn but will not boot up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 360 will turn but will not boot up: Yesterday I went to play my xbox 360 but there was something wrong with my system. When hitting the power button, the green light turned on but my controller would not connect. I also noticed...
  9. XBOX 360 turns on but won't boot up

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 turns on but won't boot up: hey everyone My Xbox 360 turns on but won't boot up! Any fixes for this? 3537e473-0d38-4222-b8e0-9e2d63518e9e
  10. HELP My Xbox 360 Slim wont boot or show anything on screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP My Xbox 360 Slim wont boot or show anything on screen...: so yesterday i was playing on my xbox 360 like everyday but today i turned it on and it does not work the only thing that my xbox 360 does is the power button is green.... and it sounds like its...