Xbox 360 black screen after update

Discus and support Xbox 360 black screen after update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello I have Xbox 360, I tried to update it because the Kinect sensor required a system update to work. I updated it according to these steps in this... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/karine_1999, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Xbox 360 black screen after update

Hello I have Xbox 360, I tried to update it because the Kinect sensor required a system update to work. I updated it according to these steps in this website.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info

I inserted the USB into the Xbox, it asked me to do a restart to update the console. Then the device restarted but it didn't turn on after that, I waited a while but still nothing happened. I had to turn it off.

Now when I turn on the Xbox, it turns on but there is nothing on screen, It just shows no signal and the lights on the control just keep flashing.

I guess the update failed to install and now it is not turning on because of that, it used to work fine before.

How can I fix this problem? Is there a way to delete the update that I installed?

Also how can I hard reset the Xbox 360 to get to the troubleshoot page?

Thanks

submitted by /u/karine_1999
    [link] [comments]

/u/karine_1999, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Kareen Jake Win User

The steps you mentioned might fix the problem, but since I can't get the Xbox to be turned on, all that is visible is black screen.

Is there another another way to fix it?

Thank you very much
  3. Georges C. Win User

try turning off your console and unplugging the Kinect, and plugging the console into another electrical outlet to see if it turns on.

If the console doesn't give any signal, there may be something wrong with it or with the power brick.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Kareen, you can try a cache clear on the console and also a system rollback from the console.

1. Step: Delete the profile

Location: Settings > System > Storage (If not using external storage, select "Hard Drive", if using external hard drive, select "All Devices") >

Profiles > Select Profile you want to delete > Delete > "Delete Profile only" or Delete Profile and Items"

2. Step: Delete System Cache

Location: Guide button (Xbox button) > Settings > System Settings > Storage > Highligt storage without selecting it > press "Y" > Clear System Cache > Yes

3. Step: Power-Cycle Console (Remove all cables, let the power supply chill for a bit, put all cables back into console, turn back on)

4. Step: Redownload profile
  5. cpt sheridan Win User

Installed Update, Console is stuck on a black screen but isn't completely unresponsive.

6. Airease Win User

Why is Black OPS....

He is what happened. I put Black OPS into my 360. Started up like it always does. Before it got to the screen to select "Campaign, Multiplayer" I got the "Disconnected from Xbox Live". Then the download screen came up and said "Please wait while update is
    applied"

After which Black OPS goes directly to the multiplayer screen. Now if I try playing Black OPS or go back to the Dashboard. I get disconnected from Xbox Live.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 black screen after update - Similar Threads - 360 black screen

2. Xbox 360 black screen after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 black screen after update: Hello I have Xbox 360, I tried to update it because the Kinect sensor required a system update to work. I updated it according to these steps in this website....
  3. Xbox 360 shows black screen when loading game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 shows black screen when loading game: I tried playing the Xbox 360 today, but when I load up a game it only shows a black screen. I hope you guys can help. 372135fd-b4b2-45a3-96d9-e29dc1e68560
  4. Xbox 360 Wired Controller - Black screen and freezing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Wired Controller - Black screen and freezing: Hi, I recently tried to use my Xbox 360 Wired steering wheel with my Windows 10 PC. It is this model: [img] When i plug it in, the PC recognises it as an XBOX controller however it...
  5. On xbox 360 sometimes or Rare times my screen go black to 1 second and go back, this is the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On xbox 360 sometimes or Rare times my screen go black to 1 second and go back, this is the...: Im using a travel adapter for uk to hungary d845d785-60d2-4e52-bf64-cf0f6b4650bb
  6. Xbox 360 E red light black screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E red light black screen.: So i have a xbox 360 E console and 2 days ago my brother opened the console to clean the dust away but kinda made a problem appear. Since now all the time when i try to start the console, the...
  7. Xbox 360 Elite Screen Goes Black

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 Elite Screen Goes Black: Hey everyone, I have a 360 Elite S version and this problem just started yesterday. I turn on Xbox and the dashboard loads fine. As soon as I try to play any app, the screen goes black. If I load...
  8. Gears of War 2 black screen (xbox 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 2 black screen (xbox 360): The game Gears of War 2 on the Xbox 360 console after Microsoft logo shows only the black screen, the console freezes up and all buttons on the gamepad don't working (i can only shutdown console...
  9. TwitchApp Still Black Screen 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TwitchApp Still Black Screen 360: Twitch App has been showing game and stream icons, but when trying to load a stream just a black screen. Been doing this for months. Tried reinstalling, tried reinstalling after resetting the xbox...
  10. when i start fifa 2018 on my xbox 360 fat console the screen stays black and the game does not ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when i start fifa 2018 on my xbox 360 fat console the screen stays black and the game does not ...: when i start fifa 2018 on my xbox 360 fat console the screen stays black and the game does not start. My game is digital and it is on the hard drive. I need you to help me, I just bought the game...