Xbox 360 backwards compatibility issue

Discus and support Xbox 360 backwards compatibility issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing a 360 game on my Xbox series. I decided to change networks since I have two different routers 1 has a 5G connection. After switching... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CERTH5600, Dec 31, 2022.

1. CERTH5600
    CERTH5600 Guest

I was playing a 360 game on my Xbox series. I decided to change networks since I have two different routers 1 has a 5G connection.

After switching from router 1 to router 2 (5G) my 360 profile disappeared and I couldn't even find it.

-I tried Clearing Xbox 360 cache in Storage settings

-Manually entering IPv4 and DNS in Advanced Network settings

-I redownloaded the game and tested it with other 360 games having the same issue.

When a game is launched a message appears saying "Getting your Xbox 360 info...)" And meter that never shows any progress after some time the game will start and display that you must log in to an Xbox profile to play. When I try to log in to a profile there is no profile to log in to and only the option to download profile.

If I choose download profile it will check network status and every time display Can't Connect Test your connection to troubleshoot connection. After that it will take me out of the 360 game and into network settings which are all good.

:)

CERTH5600, Dec 31, 2022
  2. Squallyng05 Win User

Unable to purchase Red Dead Redemption or get Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (free with Gold)

Hi Prime, kindly refer to this issue about purchasing xbox 360 backward compatible games.

majornelson.com/.../xbox-one-backward-compatibility

Kindly read the topic "How to purchase Xbox 360 games if you don’t own an Xbox 360"

The RDR is still under the Xbox Live Alert Status
  3. Shadowskill08 Win User

Backwards compatibility (original Xbox to 360)

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Xbox backwards compatibility on Xbox 360. Unfortunately, there may be technical issues that arise when playing some of these games.

Have you already tried checking to see if your Xbox 360 is updated? Do you have an official Xbox 360 hard drive or is it aftermarket? Both can cause issues with backwards compatibility. Here is the

link
    for the Xbox support page.

Hopefully this helps!
  4. Shadowskill08 Win User

xbox one Fall of Cybertron

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 Fall of Cybertron disc is not backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

Click here for a list of all backwards compatible content on the Xbox One.

Hope this helps!
  5. Thorlord Win User

Backwards compatibility is non-exsistant?

Why is backwards compatibility such a huge issue for some people?

- The backwards compatibility of the Xbox 360 with the Xbox was extremely limited, some consoles didn't even have it.

- The backwards compatibility of the PS3 with PS2 was for launch consoles and became non-existent within 6 months of launch.

- The cost of adding backwards compatibility to the Xbox One would be offset by an even higher price tag, estimating between $75 to $150 per console.

- The durability, heat, and size of the console is reduced by not having to bother with hardware backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360, software backwards compatibility was disappointing and would have still increased the cost of the console to offset
    the development time into creating it, if it was at all possible.

Fact of the matter is: The Xbox One is a better, cheaper, more reliable console without backwards compatibility, Essentially, don't buy an Xbox One until there are Xbox One Games that you want. Keep your Xbox 360 for your existing Xbox 360 games.
  6. Smwutches Win User

BLACK for Xbox 360 error

If it's backwards compatible it would only be available on the Xbox One as a backwards compatible game. Not on the 360
    There are backwards compatible games available for the 360. Black is one of them.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 backwards compatibility issue - Similar Threads - 360 backwards compatibility

2. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  3. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  4. Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?: Hi there I’ve been trying to play bo2 worked for a bit and then suddenly got signed out and whenever i tried signing in it says connection lost or there has been an error connecting. I’ve tried...
  5. Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live not working with backwards compatible Xbox 360 COD games: I just downloaded COD Black Ops on my Xbox Series X yesterday and every time I try to load it or the original COD MW2 (which I already had installed and was working fine a couple days ago) the...
  6. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  7. Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility: A few days ago, I was achievement hunting on some old Xbox 360 games and was connected to xbox live and was able to play online a day after finishing all the achievements on a game I went to boot...
  8. Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X: Lately I have been spending a lot of time playing Fallout 3, catching up on the DLCs I never played and recently purchased just last month. So I grabbed my old 2012 save off of my xbox 360,...
  9. Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Potential Backwards Compatible game list from Xbox 360 Marketplace closure?: Like most gamers, I have some hopes and interest in the preservation of older games. Also after the official Microsoft acquisition of Activision/Blizzard, there is even more hopes of these games...
  10. Certain backwards compatible 360 games now showing on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain backwards compatible 360 games now showing on Xbox One X: Recently bought a Xbox One and a few 360 discs such as MW2, Bad Company 2 and various halo install fine but games that I'd really like to play.. Bioshock 2 and Gears of War 3 don't. I insert...