Xbox 360 app password expiring?

Discus and support Xbox 360 app password expiring? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I plugged my Xbox 360 back in to play after a long hiatus of not being used (at least 4 months if I had to guess.) When I started... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Christian R28, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Xbox 360 app password expiring?

Hello,

Recently I plugged my Xbox 360 back in to play after a long hiatus of not being used (at least 4 months if I had to guess.)

When I started it up my profile was signed into the console, but when I tried signing into Xbox Live I got a message saying something like "Please enter your email and password again and update your security info. Visit xbox.com/proofs for more info." I have 2FA turned on for my account, so I entered my email and my app password but I got an error message saying something like "email and password are invalid." I know for a fact that both the email and app password I entered are correct.

At When does an App Password expire? - Microsoft Community you state that app passwords do not expire. Why then was I unable to use mine to login to Xbox Live on my 360? Before this hiatus I was successfully using the app password to sign into Live. In order to fix this I removed my old app password and

created a new one to use with my 360 and that worked, so the problem seems to be related to the app password. Do app passwords expire? If not, what is the explanation for this? I would just like to learn more in case this happens again, and if this is a bug I wanted to make it known to Microsoft.

Thank you,

Christian

:)

Christian R28, Dec 6, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Christian

I experienced something similar the last week
    My Xbox 360 wasn’t used for 2 months or similar and the system asked me to verify my identity again

But I think it was because I used the same app password on a different console instead

Did you not remember re-using the app password?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

4. Christian R28 Win User

Hi - no, I would not have re-used the app password anywhere else because the lone Xbox 360 I own is the only device that uses one.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

I can’t use my Xbox account for call of duty black ops 2 (back compat) and since my password is over 16 characters and I have 2 step set up it won’t let me sign in either

6. Tezzarrific Win User

Question regarding xbox 360 and xbox s/x accounts

Thema:

1. Xbox 360 app password expiring? - Similar Threads - 360 app password

2. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  3. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  4. xbox 360 games app password error

in XboX Insiders
    xbox 360 games app password error: Hey, have changed my gamertag on series s and now im trying to play a digital 360 game and I have to log in again but with app password but when I try to get an spp password on microsoft website...
  5. App Password not working Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    App Password not working Xbox 360: I am having issues downloading my profile on my xbox 360. Network is fine and it is connected to the internet. I have deleted the cache, but when I enter my email, it accepts it about half the...
  6. Where do I enter app password on my x-box 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where do I enter app password on my x-box 360?: Please I have been sent an app password for my x-box. Where do I enter it. Also I would like to check my account details if they’re accurate 60b08cd0-8083-452e-a695-7a5dcc30a042
  7. Xbox 360 dont save password on youtube app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 dont save password on youtube app: i can login using activate code - after i turnoff xbox - i need to login again. who knows what to do? abbbb952-70e2-4746-8b74-1b3a17a248fa
  8. Had to create new app password for 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Had to create new app password for 360?: I saw that Dead Space 2 was available for xbox one, so i jumped back on my 360 after over a year of being on it. When i signed into my account i had to enter a new app-password for my account, but...
  9. App password for 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    App password for 360: I can't seem to get my xbox to recognize a password that I had to set up on xbox.com so my 360's could connect, and whenever I try to sign in I'm getting a wrong password error again and again....
  10. first time xbox 360 live app password set up

in XBoX on Consoles
    first time xbox 360 live app password set up: I have an xbox360 with LIVE gold subscription. I set up a 2 step security with the LIVE subscription, but I am having trouble with how to set up the xbox360 console APP password. Any help for...