Xbox 1X games reinstall completely whenever and update is needed for any game.

Discus and support Xbox 1X games reinstall completely whenever and update is needed for any game. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone else experienced that whenever a game needs to update it completely downloads the entire game again? I used almost 2 TB of data last month... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WesleyReinitz, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Xbox 1X games reinstall completely whenever and update is needed for any game.

Has anyone else experienced that whenever a game needs to update it completely downloads the entire game again? I used almost 2 TB of data last month and couldn't figure out why. So I found out that my friends were updating there games and it would be
    like a 4GB update yet my "update" would be 40GB. My internet bill shot through the roof and for some reason the Auto-Update feature isn't working either. I have it selected my Xbox was off but never lost power so when the update for Anthem which is 4GB came
    out today I went to play it and it said it needed an update. So I though ok shouldn't be too big and went and looked at the progress and the entire game is downloading again. I have seen this multiple times across different games. Only thing that is in common
    is the fact that these are all digital downloaded titles. My friends are not experiencing this at all just curious if anybody else is or if there is a fix.

:)

WesleyReinitz, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Whitey Black Win User

hi this happens to all time to time whit downloaded game but you need to check the size of the update first.
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Wesley!

Sorry for the confusion.

To be honest, it is becoming more of a trend for developers to basically reinstall the game with an update already patched rather than slowly pushing more updates and applying them on top of the base game. From what I've heard, this is to reduce the possibility
    of corruption and other gameplay issues when you actually run said game. That's why if you cancel or unsuccessfully apply an update nowadays some games will uninstall.

It more than likely will come to a point where a majority of digital games start utilizing the same process as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reading!
  4. WesleyReinitz Win User

My update showed as 40GB my friends update was only 4GB. Other times i have seen 60GB on games like call of duty black ops 4. It shouldnt be that large of an update especially since it was bigger than the game itsef.
  5. Hordie Win User

issues updating games

Does it give any error when you try updating the game? Try uninstalling a game completely, and then reinstalling it.
  6. WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD- Win User

Why is manual such an important thing in a game case to include?

[quote user="PhilMarck"]
    And yet, hardly anyone uses it.

-

Need For Speed: The Run doesn't even come with a manual, instead, two pamphlets, 1x Online Pass and 1x Warning/Warranty.

-

I guess it's a collector's thingy item, that and the game isn't complete without one, if it originally came with.

[/quote]They come in handy if you don't have a newspaper to read whilst sitting on the proverbial throne...
Thema:

1. Xbox 1X games reinstall completely whenever and update is needed for any game. - Similar Threads - games reinstall completely

2. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  3. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  4. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling: I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store gradually installed it full of PC games that I do not...
  5. Game wont reinstall

in XBoX on Windows
    Game wont reinstall: I got call of duty cold war with the content packs 1 - 4 and the land sea and air pack on my Xbox one s (its was around £100 if I remember correctly), everything worked fine. The one s was getting...
  6. How can i reinstall a game I paid for.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i reinstall a game I paid for.: I have a problem, i accidentally uninstalled a game Dying Light that a paid money for, i looked into my library and i couldn't find the game. I though all games that i paid for should be in my...
  7. Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console: Just got a new console, and finished transferring my data to my series x, but now whenever i try to install something from the old console it just buffers for a bit and then says "installation...
  8. PC gamepass games keep reinstalling after an uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC gamepass games keep reinstalling after an uninstall: I have very frustrating issue going on: Several games from gamepass collection that I have installed earlier and uninstalled later, keep getting redownloaded and reinstalled by the xbox app. Some...
  9. Xbox one error forced me to uninstall game + all DLC now won't reinstall

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one error forced me to uninstall game + all DLC now won't reinstall: This is the third time this has happened getting pretty sick of it, definitely making me think about making the switch to play station or PC. Decided I felt like playing some Batman arkham knight...
  10. Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall: So, a recent Windows update borked my system so I had to do a fresh reinstall, and afterwards all my data remained the same but none of my games or other programs are showing up. I see that they...