Xbox 1S to Projector with Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.

Discus and support Xbox 1S to Projector with Microsoft Wireless Display adapter. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft wireless display adapter. I am having an issue with getting my Xbox to cast to a projector. I have plugged the WDA into the HDMI and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JoshuaBarrett6, May 13, 2022.

1. Xbox 1S to Projector with Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.

I have a Microsoft wireless display adapter. I am having an issue with getting my Xbox to cast to a projector. I have plugged the WDA into the HDMI and USB on the projector, and downloaded the Wireless display app on the Xbox, but nothing ever connects. Both devices just say ready to connect without ever finding each other. Is this not possible? I have not found any created content on the matter. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

:)

JoshuaBarrett6, May 13, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi JoshuaBarrett6! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Wireless display app on the Xbox allows you to display content to the Xbox not from the Xbox to other devices
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Can I have my XBox S use a wireless DisplayPort adapter to display games on a different monitor?

Yes you can do that to the Microsoft wireless display adapter.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Wifi direct password Xbox one

Sorry if I'm not being too clear but is NOT possible to access/get the password for that Wi-Fi hotspot enabled by the Wireless Display app on your Xbox.

The sole purpose of that hotspot is to show you the console as an external wireless display/projector in both Android wireless display and Windows "project" functionality, no more

[​IMG]
  5. SteadfastStorm Win User

XBox wireless problems

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your Xbox 360 wireless adapter. A flashing green light indicates that the adapter is attempting to connect to a wireless network. When you try to connect to your wireless network, does the console prompt you to connect
    an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, or does it recognize the adapter but display no wireless networks in the list?
  6. Thumpah da Wolf Win User

Xbox 360 + Epson TW-EH480 projector no display

Well, if the xbox 360 it's self is still putting out a video signal to other displays like TV's or monitor's you know that the issue lies in the one device that's not displaying the picture, the EPSON projector you are asking about. If that projector is
    the only device that won't display picture from the Xbox 360 you mentioned, then you know there shouldn't be an issue with the Xbox and that it is likely to do with the Projector. If it doesn't even recognize the HDMI input, it could be a dead cord too, but
    I highly doubt that. Try using a new cord, and try messing with the display settings on the projector to see if anything helps, but honestly, it very likely has to do with the projector, and it may be a good idea to contact EPSON support to see if there is
    anything they can offer to help you out support wise.

Keep us updated and best of luck!!!
Thema:

1. Xbox 1S to Projector with Microsoft Wireless Display adapter. - Similar Threads - Projector Microsoft Wireless

2. Problems with a projector setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with a projector setup: I've been using a projector setup for almost 3 years now, and only have been experiencing issues like this recently. It says that my controller is disconnected, my controllers light stays on,...
  3. Xbox One **** off projector after ~15min. Anyone have a solution?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One **** off projector after ~15min. Anyone have a solution?: After about 15 min of use the projector connected to the Xbox will shutdown. Have tried different HDMI cables and ports on AV receiver, but same problem. Xbox One is not configured to power up or...
  4. Xbox One won’t connect to Samsung Freestyle projector

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won’t connect to Samsung Freestyle projector: I’m having trouble connecting my Xbox 1 to my new freestyle projector. I believe the issue lies with the Xbox signal not being able to keep up with the 4K projectors signal. I’m using a micro hdmi...
  5. XBOX screen doesn't show up on projector

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX screen doesn't show up on projector: My XOBX X is connected through Samsung Soundbar Q990C to Optoma UHZ66 4K UHD projector. Second HDMI port on the Samsung soundbar is connected to Chromecast Ultra. I have no problem using...
  6. Problem with running 4K on a XNoogo 1300ANS projector

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with running 4K on a XNoogo 1300ANS projector: I have a Xbox Series X and a native 1080P with 4K playback support XNoogo 1300ANS projector. I can't seem to get it to play on 4K though. I'm currently running 1440 with a 60HZ refresh rate. It...
  7. How do I get the audio at my PC to work thru my Epson overhead projector?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the audio at my PC to work thru my Epson overhead projector?: How do I get the audio at my laptop PC work thru my Epson overhead projector? 178ee382-da5f-437e-9430-677137fe9fff
  8. 4K HDR system menu option to improve display on 4K projectors

in XboX Insiders
    4K HDR system menu option to improve display on 4K projectors: My setup: AVR with 4K, Series X, 4K laser projector, optical HDMI cable for 2.1 speed (verified). The system menus on Xbox are scaled up to 4K (you can clearly see the blown up pixels not...
  9. When connecting my Chuwi Windows 10 mini pc to my Xgimi projector via HDMI, WiFi will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When connecting my Chuwi Windows 10 mini pc to my Xgimi projector via HDMI, WiFi will not...: I have a Chuwi Windows 10 Mini Pc which works perfectly connected to my LG TV or Dell Monitor connected via HDMI Leads of varying types and also connects faultlessly to my home WiFi in various...
  10. Xbox Series X not able to control Optoma UHD60 Projector

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X not able to control Optoma UHD60 Projector: I recently upgraded to a Series X from a One S. After many hours of research back in 2021, I set up device control so my One S could control power/volume/etc. on both my AV receiver (Yamaha...