Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on...

Discus and support Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox 1S. It has 80+ gb of storage left on the internal hard drive, but I cannot even access my games or do anything because whenever one of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BananaMan56789, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on...

I have an Xbox 1S. It has 80+ gb of storage left on the internal hard drive, but I cannot even access my games or do anything because whenever one of my games has an update, it spams my screen with the prompt “Clear some space on internal storage” and then says I need (exXbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on... :)700mb of storage, when i can look directly at my space and it’s only at 70%. It refuses to update, and the message pops up every 2 seconds making everything unplayable.

:)

BananaMan56789, Dec 8, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on the interal hard drive.

Hi BananaMan, My name is Jose, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

There appears to be an issue with the way your Xbox 1S calculates available storage space. There are a few things you can try to fix this problem:

1. Restart your Xbox console. This can fix some minor problems, such as calculation errors.

2. Uninstall any games or apps you don't use. This will free up storage space and may help your console run better.

3. Check if updates are available for your Xbox console. Microsoft periodically releases software updates that may fix problems.

4. Reset your Xbox console to its default settings. This will delete all your data, so make sure you backup your games and apps before doing this.

If you've tried all of these steps and are still having issues, you can contact Xbox Support for help.

Here are some additional tips you can try:

Verify that your Xbox console is connected to the Internet correctly.
    Try updating the game from the Xbox app on a PC or mobile device.
    Check if there is a problem with the internal hard drive of your Xbox console.

I hope this helps you solve the problem.
    José
  3. RandyAU93 Win User

Xbox One Storage

Part of that is a discrepancy in what a gigabyte is. 1 gigabyte is 1024 megabytes, so 500 gigabytes would be 512,000 megabytes, or 512 billion bytes. However, when used to describe the size of a hard drive, it actually means 500 billion bytes, which converts
    to about 488 "real" gigabytes. So when your console's hard drive has nothing on it, it has about 488GB of actual storage available. Now, a portion of that is loaded with Xbox One's operating system and related files, so the actual available storage is about
    364GB, which is what the console says.
  4. EdouardBartos Win User

I cant start the formula 1 2021 game

When i start the game,it says the game needs an update and when i look for an update it says there are no updates available neither for the game nor the console
  5. GaussianFlaw Win User

Skyrim Not 10 Out of 10

Did anyone notice that this game is over 6 gigabytes of programming? I believe the number was over 6 gigabytes of storage when I downloaded it. That's one component of what I mean when I say "paradigm shift". Someday soon (5 years?), we will be playing monumental
    games that require 20 gigabytes of storage or more. Can you imagine a Skyrim experience that's 20 gigabytes in size?
  6. BetaKool4502 Win User

Not recognizing battleblock theater

When you say you are in the update preview for 360 are you saying that you are in the Xbox Preview Program for the Xbox One? If you are and you have installed the latest updates you should see it under My Games and Apps and all the way to the left it will
    be available to download and install.
Thema:

Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on...

1. Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on... - Similar Threads - constantly saying need

2. Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...: I just feel like it'd be a lot more convenient and I haven't really seen anything about it. c7b606d6-5424-4fb1-9c3e-44aa5f07ada6
  3. My right thumbstick is constantly pressed down even though i am not pressing it at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My right thumbstick is constantly pressed down even though i am not pressing it at all: My right thumbstick on my xbox series x controller Is always pressed down even though I am not pressing it at all. Anyone know a fix? 00dd1c1c-98cd-477e-8045-4317899527cd
  4. Xbox game bar constantly crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar constantly crashing: Whenever I load up xbox game bar it loads for about 5 seconds then the widgets just say 'something went wrong with this widget' however it only seems to do this on 'Looking for group' and 'Social'...
  5. The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion

in XBoX on Consoles
    The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion: The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion, it’s like if I have the stick pointed to the left 6281967a-235e-4954-9c73-31478dde2c48
  6. Constant updates on our console

in XboX Insiders
    Constant updates on our console: Your constant updates always screw up something. Please cease and desist. You've turned our beloved dashboard into a giant xbox ad. Isn't that enough? submitted by /u/Next_Interest1897 [link]...
  7. LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ada_UserOC Constant Game Crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ada_UserOC Constant Game Crash: Hi I bought a Gigabyte RTX 4080 Aero OC this March and since then I've encountered countless random crashes during gaming. I checked my event viewer and It shows nvlddmkm event id 0. Here's my...
  8. Constant black screen of death

in XBoX on Windows
    Constant black screen of death: I keep fixing the black screen of death but after i turn my xbox one off and turn it back on, i just get the black screen of death and my games wont work when i actually fix the black screen, can...
  9. PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly

in XboX Insiders
    PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly: Im currently stuck in a loop where the game Another crab's Treasure will crash once loaded in then on the app will download an 'update' and so on. Weird thing Is I played this morning and...
  10. My xbox series x constantly says I'm playing a game, even when the console is off. Any fixes?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x constantly says I'm playing a game, even when the console is off. Any fixes?: So the issue came up today and I only noticed it when someone in my party chat spotted that it said I was on one game although I was infact on another. Earlier on I was playing skate 2, an xbox...