Xbox 1S - Black Screen on boot, Icons missing and games taking too long to start.

Discus and support Xbox 1S - Black Screen on boot, Icons missing and games taking too long to start. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox 1S was working fine yesterday, and this morning as I booted up and logged in, there was a sudden power cut in my whole area. This lasted for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sam Martin-Young, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Xbox 1S - Black Screen on boot, Icons missing and games taking too long to start.

My Xbox 1S was working fine yesterday, and this morning as I booted up and logged in, there was a sudden power cut in my whole area. This lasted for around 15 seconds, and the power switched back on. Upon rebooting the Xbox, I was met with the green boot screen, which lasted around 5 minutes, then what is described as the 'black screen of death'. After another 5 minutes, the dashboard loads, but the app icons are missing, and each action takes a long time to be processed, after pressing A on a game, it takes about 15 seconds for the game to actually launch. After it launches, it stays on the splash screen for around 30 seconds, then I am met with the 'this game has taken too long to start' error message. I have tried power cycling many times and clearing the cache, but none of these have seemed to work. I am thinking the sudden power cut has damaged hardware inside, but I'm not sure how to check this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sam

:)

Sam Martin-Young, Aug 12, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox 1S - Black Screen on boot, Icons missing and games taking too long to start.

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Before we confirm that your hardware may have been damaged, I recommend that you go through the process of resetting your console to factory defaults, in the best case this will resolve this issue, if the issue persists you will need a repair order from Microsoft.

How to reset to factory defaults.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

*Select to keep your games and apps so they won't be deleted.

You can check these instructions at the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

*If you don't have access to your dashboard, follow the instructions below.

1. Turn off Xbox One.

2. Unplug power.

3. Plug the power back to Xbox One 30 seconds later.

4. Press and hold Bind and Eject at the same time (don't release).

5. Press and release the Power button, and then you will hear the startup chime.

6. When you hear the second startup chime, you can release the bind and eject buttons.

7. Select Reset this Xbox on the screen.

8. Select Keep games and apps.

*I hope this can help you.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Sam Martin-Young!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this situation is causing you. Since you have already tried the power cycling and clearing the cache, I would suggest preforming a Soft reset to the console by selecting Keep games and apps. Here's how:

Select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes!

I hope this helps you out!
  4. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  5. Sam Martin-Young Win User

All working now, thanks very much for your help!
  6. Sam Martin-Young Win User

Hello, thanks for the really quick response!

I'll try that now and tell you how it goes.
Thema:

1. Xbox 1S - Black Screen on boot, Icons missing and games taking too long to start. - Similar Threads - Black Screen boot

2. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  3. Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t boot past the starting splash screen. It sits on a black screen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t boot past the starting splash screen. It sits on a black screen...: My wife and I had been playing together until I was told I was out of save space on my console. After this the game has refused to boot even though I have cleared out my saves, restarted my Xbox,...
  4. black screen after boot up screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    black screen after boot up screen: here’s the story. i’m in the middle of playing witcher when my power cuts. it’s texas summer, so i’m not too surprised, mostly annoyed. it comes back on about 15 minutes later, and when i turn it...
  5. Black screen freeze after Xbox boot animation on Xbox Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen freeze after Xbox boot animation on Xbox Series X.: First off, I am currently back on the retail OS on an Xbox Series X and have been having this issue since the December update. I have used the console to report the issue. When doing a cold boot,...
  6. Xbox One X keeps having loooong black screen on boot up, then promptly shut offs if it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps having loooong black screen on boot up, then promptly shut offs if it...: this has been an annoying issue for ages, one that in frustration made me just ragequit instead of trying to fix. i'd say about since 2019, it was always an issue seemingly connected to the timing...
  7. So my Xbox One starts to boot up w/ the green screen logo, then goes black.

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox One starts to boot up w/ the green screen logo, then goes black.: Have tried all the t/s of unplugging and holding down eject and xbox until 2nd beep, and get the green screen on smaller resolution for about 10 seconds before it goes black....
  8. Xbox screen is black except for the boot screen and the turn off/restart screen :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox screen is black except for the boot screen and the turn off/restart screen :(: When my original Xbox boots I see the opening green screen and then finally it's black and nothing. When I hold down the guide button, I see the turn off the controller, turn off Xbox or restart....
  9. my Xbox one will show the green boot screen but after that it just goes to a black screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox one will show the green boot screen but after that it just goes to a black screen.: If I hold down the Xbox button on the controller I can get the shut down screen to come up. also there is also the Xbox start up tones when it goes to the black screen after the green boot one....
  10. Nothing is helping to boot up my Dashboard from a Black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nothing is helping to boot up my Dashboard from a Black screen: I've booted up my Xbox to a black screen. I've tried everything from switching HDMI cables to hard restarting and even some of the tips on here including the power button and eject button to boot...