Xbox 1 S controller has choppy connection or completely disconnects how can I fix this?

Discus and support Xbox 1 S controller has choppy connection or completely disconnects how can I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; here are things I have tried Resetting the xbox Resetting the controllers Getting my xbox closer to the controller Switched and changed batteries... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Samuel Eggebrecht, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Xbox 1 S controller has choppy connection or completely disconnects how can I fix this?

here are things I have tried

Resetting the xbox

Resetting the controllers

Getting my xbox closer to the controller

Switched and changed batteries

Updated both the xbox and controllers

I also tried a different controller, the same issue persisted which makes me think it has to do with the wireless connection between the xbox and controllers. But they are a maximum of 7 feet away while playing. The mic becomes crackly as does audio and the inputs on the control delay or are not registered. This makes playing competitive games very difficult. Any advice would be very helpful!

:)

Samuel Eggebrecht, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Samuel Eggebrecht Win User

Xbox 1 S controller has choppy connection or completely disconnects how can I fix this?

I removed several apps that have causes problems in the past such as flight simulator and I disconnected an external hard drive without any changes. Should I uninstall all of my apps and games and reinstall?
  3. Notaye Haydshöt Win User

Same issue here, tried every fix in the book honestly. Think xbox sent out controllers (Xbox X controllers) that are faulty and mess up the connection or a new console update messed everything up.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here. No worries, we will do our best now to get this sorted out.

I appreciate all the detailed information and for the efforts you've put into trying to fix the issue. You mentioned you reset your Xbox, did you choose to keep your games and apps?
  5. Rostom L Win User

Sorry to hear about that, Samuel. I know how frustrating this must be and I would feel the same way if I were on this situation. Performing a factory reset by removing everything would be our last resort but it's not guaranteed to fix the issue. Please make sure as well that there are no other wireless signal that could interfere your connection from your controller to your console. Alternatively, you may try wired connection using USB cable if all else tried and still the same issue. It may be affected by the known issues stated on the recent update of Xbox consoles. Please check the link below and click on the newest update then choose "Known issues" > Controllers. You need to report it as advised from that link.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Samuel Eggebrecht Win User

I believe it doesn't have to do with the controllers because it had issues regardless of how many I have tried using with my particular xbox. I have tried 3 controllers and regardless of how new or old they are the issue continues. I also tried using my partners xbox and the controllers worked fine there.

It recently stopped for a bit but I expect it to come back as it seems to happen sporadically. I will keep updating if I find a fix that seems to have remedied it.
Thema:

1. Xbox 1 S controller has choppy connection or completely disconnects how can I fix this? - Similar Threads - controller has choppy

2. i am looking to buy a xbox controller since my main controller has stick drift but im not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i am looking to buy a xbox controller since my main controller has stick drift but im not...: So within the next few weeks i plan on getting another controller, but im not sure what one to choose from. my budget is 67 dollars. I went on sites like amazon, gamestop, and bestbuy and went...
  3. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...
  4. I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...

in XBoX on Windows
    I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...: Any help on when I’ll be receiving it? It’s a present and I feel bad it’s still not here. 6447d838-7c05-4bfd-bc3a-3dafa3796407
  5. My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...: My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not connected to my xbox I have plugged it in and fully recharged the pack and it still hasn't connected does anyone...
  6. Service order for controller has dissapeared

in XBoX on Consoles
    Service order for controller has dissapeared: So recently I noticed that my controller had massive stickdrift, only recently bought it ( like 5 months ago ) Luckily I could file a service order, receive a transport label and send the...
  7. Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?: I have a Xbox series x and about a month ago, my Xbox elite controller series 2 is no longer configurable. I can no longer access the custom settings I made for various games and when I try to...
  8. PowerA Xbox Controller has sensitive bumpers??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PowerA Xbox Controller has sensitive bumpers??: So i have a PowerA Advantage Xbox Controller and everything works fine on it but the bumpers are SO SENSITIVE its so annoying when im playing a game and im trying to switch my weapon and it...
  9. What do I do if Microsoft sent me a replacement controller but it has stick drift?

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I do if Microsoft sent me a replacement controller but it has stick drift?: Earlier this week I ordered a replacement Wireless Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller for $86 cause my other one broke, and it arrived today, but when I tested it the left stick drifts towards the...
  10. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...