XBOX 1 MEDIA PLAYER LOST NETWORK STORAGE DRIVE

Discus and support XBOX 1 MEDIA PLAYER LOST NETWORK STORAGE DRIVE in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! For some reason Media Player on my XBOX1 lost my network storage drive. Media Player can see other networked devices and all other networking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BRYAN T13, Feb 9, 2020.

1. BRYAN T13
    BRYAN T13 Guest

Hello!

For some reason Media Player on my XBOX1 lost my network storage drive. Media Player can see other networked devices and all other networking is functioning properly. I have not changed any setting on the XBOX1 or the router and the XBOX1 is listed on ATTACHED
    DEVICES on the router. It's been working for years then suddenly when I went to stream music from my network library the WDMYCLOUD doesn't show up at all with MEDIA PLAYER as it always did. ALLOW TO PLAY STREAMING and ALLOW CONNECTIONS FROM ANY DEVICE buttons
    are checked under DEVICES AND STREAMING.

I've tried rebooting XBOX1, uninstalling MEDIA PLAYER and reinstalling; I've physically reseated the CAT5 cable from the router. I didn't see anything under XBOX1 NETWORK SETTINGS. Other devices on my network can see the WD MYCLOUD drive. Still nothing worked.

I have a 1TB WD network drive and XBOX1 hardwired to my Netgear router. As I said it worked fine the night before then suddenly stopped working. Any ideas?

:)

BRYAN T13, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Mythic Sandman Win User

Power cycle or factory reset the console are my only suggestions. Hope it fixes the problem.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

my external drive doesnt work correctly

Hello CMpunk,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issue with an external Hard drive. Currently the console and PC are reading it as a media drive. This will not allow you to install games on it. When you plug it in on the Xbox and it asks you to format
    for the Xbox go ahead and do this. You can look over the
    troubleshoot external hard drive
    . If it doesn't meet three requirements it will treat it as a media hard drive also. Also check out

manage storage Xbox one
    for more information on setting up an external.

When you first connect, Xbox will prompt you to format your device. You can use it for Xbox games and apps, or for personal media such as pictures, music, and video. (Xbox will treat devices that don’t meet the above requirements as media storage.)

If after all this and still reading it as a media storage, it may be the external is not compatible. You would need to reach out to the manufacturer then.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Recording audio from the XBox

If you have a USB flash drive or external hard drive, you can copy the music to the drive, plug the drive into the Xbox One, and play it from there (using Xbox Media Player or another app).

As a side note, consider looking for an external USB disc drive if you still need to use discs on your computer for whatever reason. Most laptops and other computers are ditching disc readers nowadays, but you can pick up a USB disc
    drive for around $30-40, last I checked.

Related articles:

5. Bhutankam Pema Win User

External Drive Help

Yes when you Format all your data are lost.. You Need to press Abort, for using the HDD as a Media-drive.

But:

Actually Media Player is only available for PreviewUpdate Members.
  6. KidAkairis Win User

Xbox 360 stopped playing music

Alright for anyone running into my problem this is the solution.

1. Make a backup of your hard drive then format it on your pc.

2. Disconnect from live

3. Go to Setting - System - Storage - Hard drive - games and apps

4. Delete Xbox Media Player

5. Put backup back onto hard drive.

6. Music should work (at least it did for me).
Thema:

1. XBOX 1 MEDIA PLAYER LOST NETWORK STORAGE DRIVE - Similar Threads - MEDIA PLAYER LOST

2. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  3. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...
  4. Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Media Player on Xbox Series X crashes after switching to another app: If I'm playing a song on windows media player, and I switch to another app, the song plays in the background for around 4 seconds before stopping and the app crashes entirely....
  5. WD Black external drive only reading as media player

in XBoX on Consoles
    WD Black external drive only reading as media player: I have a brand new WD Black external drive. I bought it to move games I’m not currently playing. When I plug it in to the usb port on my Xbox series x, I get a message “media storage ready”. It...
  6. how to access wondows media player on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to access wondows media player on 360: hos do i connext to windows media player on a 360 4fea8aae-72b7-4ab9-a42d-ae863dbd6086
  7. Media player is harder to use now

in XboX Insiders
    Media player is harder to use now: Very disappointed with the changes. Less functionality and just a pain in the arse. Was so much better before submitted by /u/Realistic_Being_3411 [link] [comments]
  8. Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one read a ssd as a media player: I put in my hp ssd p500 but my xbox reads it as a media player. I wanted to use the ssd as a gigabyte expansion. c016e10d-6337-4924-b2f7-cd883d0d04d1
  9. does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play...: does downloading the DTS Unbound app onto Xbox 1 s enable the Windows Media Player to play and control a DTS CD? 20c201d9-9ca9-4fd5-9f6c-2478fff8516b
  10. media player - lost connection to USB device when watching videos

in XBoX Games and Apps
    media player - lost connection to USB device when watching videos: I'm having a issue where it will play the media for about 10 minutes to 1 hour (depending on how the X-one fells at the time) and then says it has lost connection to the device. I back out and it...