xbox 1 external hard drive

Discus and support xbox 1 external hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i cannot get the Dongcoh 4TB external hard drive to connect to xbox1 12833b83-f5cc-4cf4-b748-9f7e210e9685 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TeenPorpoise76, Dec 25, 2015.

1. xbox 1 external hard drive

i cannot get the Dongcoh 4TB external hard drive to connect to xbox1

:)

TeenPorpoise76, Dec 25, 2015
  2. n7oldnavy
    n7oldnavy Guest
  3. External Hard Drive

So, I recently purchased an external hard drive for my Xbox and moved 1 game just to test. How do I move the game from the external hard drive back to the Xbox so I don’t have to carry the external hard drive with me everywhere I go?

McLarenDudeP1, Dec 25, 2015
  4. DrGunFodder
    DrGunFodder Guest

You have to format the drive after you connect it, you find this under settings.

DrGunFodder, Dec 28, 2015
  5. One Pint Johnny Win User

Tv configuration App Not working

Having the same issues. Could be something to do with the external hard drive maybe, not had time to troubleshoot yet though.

Some ideas to try maybe?

1. Make the Xbox One drive the primary drive, while the external drive is still plugged in

2. Try with the external hard drive unplugged

No idea if this will make a difference, but this issue only started for me since I got an external drive. Unless others are having the same issue with no external hard drive?
  6. Nordoom Win User

error 0x80070070 asking to delete space

I am not running with an external hard drive. i would figure I would not need one since the Xbox is a 1 TB. If I need an external hard drive would any type of hard drive work or does it have to be a Xbox branded external hard drive. i am just puzzled since
    I have never had to do this with any other console that i have owned and any platform.
  7. x24hrs2livex Win User

Xbox One Digital Download Transfer

1. Plug external hard drive into Xbox One with good connection.

2. Download games.

3. Unplug external drive.

4. Take external drive to Xbox One with bad connection.

5. Plug external drive in.

6. Play games.

7. Say thank you.

Note: External drive needs to be USB 3.0 and have 256GB of free space.
  8. DrGunFodder Win User

You have to format the drive after you connect it, you find this under settings.
  9. callumewingewing Win User

Formatting a Seagate external hard drive

The external hard drive was around 20% full. After the I formatted the external hard drive it went down to 0% as everything was uninstalled. Thing is i tried transfering Battlefield 1 from the internal hard drive to the now empty external hard drive and
    it started transferring. Battlefield 1 was one of the games that just stopped installing/transferring when i wanted to move from the internal to the external hard drive so i might of fixed the problem. Now i am just concerned that the games that were uninstalled
    will not have anyting saved and i will have lost everything.
Thema:

1. xbox 1 external hard drive - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  3. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  4. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  5. External Hard drives?

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drives?: yeah i have a 500gb 3.0 usb external and wondering can i play games from my external if they are not optimized for series x/s? i have an xbox series s if that help?...
  6. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  7. XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working: When I connect my external to my Xbox, the lights come on but my games aren't popping up on my Xbox. When I tried plugging it up to my laptop, nothing came up either. The xbox isn't recognizing...
  8. My external hard drive won't record multiple videos

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive won't record multiple videos: The new Xbox next gen capture update has ruined my recording experience with recording long form gameplay on the Next Gen Xbox. I used to be able to record multiple hours worth of video content to...
  9. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  10. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99