Xbox 1 controller issues on Halo Wars 2 PC

Discus and support Xbox 1 controller issues on Halo Wars 2 PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, When I startup Halo Wars 2 through the Xbox Game App and arrive at the menu screen, my controller seems to barely work, where whenever I press a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ilyas M, May 19, 2023.

1. Ilyas M
    Ilyas M Guest

Hey,

When I startup Halo Wars 2 through the Xbox Game App and arrive at the menu screen, my controller seems to barely work, where whenever I press a button it won't get passed the menu screen, and once it finally does the movement and buttons are acting unpredictably where just one movement to the left with right stick for example goes two times to right, that is just example, but it is basically that the controller doesn't work as properly. My controller doesn't have any physical damage, and it is brand new, and the problem seems to also occur on my other controller too. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it but that did not change anything. My Keyboard and Mouse works totally fine.

:)

Ilyas M, May 19, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Ilyas, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this

In some cases the stream controller configuration can interfere with games downloaded from the Xbox app.

Please try to disable steam controller configuration / input via steam settings and see if that helps with Halo Wars 2
  3. Ilyas M Win User

Hey,

When I startup Halo Wars 2 through the Xbox Game App and arrive at the menu screen, my controller seems to barely work, where whenever I press a button it won't get passed the menu screen, and once it finally does the movement and buttons are acting unpredictably where just one movement to the left with right stick for example goes two times to right, that is just example, but it is basically that the controller doesn't work as properly. My controller doesn't have any physical damage, and it is brand new, and the problem seems to also occur on my other controller too. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it but that did not change anything. My Keyboard and Mouse works totally fine.
    I believe I found the issue, once I closed the Steam and Epic Games applications everything started to work smoothly. Seems like they are interfering with the Xbox app, the games or the functionality of the controller somehow.
  4. Ist ein Horst Win User

Redeem Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition on Win10 PC, but Halo Wars 1 is missing

[​IMG]

I have the same problem.

Halo Wars 2 is activated for PC and XBox One, but Halo Wars 1 is only activated for XBox One and not for PC.
  5. Marcel Labbé-Lauren Win User

Still waiting for my Halo Wars Definitive Edition Code

Hey there,

That screenshot indicates that you already own the game. Codes were only sent out during the pre-order period for Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition. Now, all digital purchases for Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition include the digital version of Halo Wars: Definitive
    Edition. If the game is showing up in your library already, there is no need for a code.

Are you able to try downloading the game through the Halo app on the Windows Store? Within the Halo app, select the controller icon and see if it allows you to download the game through that menu.

Keep us posted!
    Yes that screenshot indicates that I own the XBox One version, but not the PC version. As you see, there are two versions of Halo Wars 2. One for PC and one for XBox.

I bought the Ultimate Edition and I should have everything on PC and XBox, but I did not receive a Halo Wars Definitive Edition for PC. It's not in my store library. I do not own an XBox One.

The Halo App is only offering me to buy Halo Wars 1.

If browse the Windows Store to Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition it says that I own this product. It lists Halo Wars Definitive Edition as belonging to this package. If I click that, it offers me to buy Halo Wars Definitive Edition.

Clearly, that can't be right and something went wrong with the activation. Can you fix this?

Best,

M1Labbe
  6. Mannishpatil Win User

Favourite Moments in Gaming (2018)

I picked up Xbox One X in Sep'18 and I am enjoying Halo MCC with Gamepass. I had played Halo 1 and Halo 2 way back on my PC. Other is Gear of War Series, I completed Gears of War 4 on PC and now I was able to complete the series via Gamepass.
Thema:

1. Xbox 1 controller issues on Halo Wars 2 PC - Similar Threads - controller issues Halo

2. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  3. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  4. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  5. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  6. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  7. Xbox Controller connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connectivity issues: So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then my controller would turn off then on, then...
  8. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  9. After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account: Disregarding this being my 4th model, I sent my Elite Series 2 Core (Blue) controller I'm for repair under warranty, because (you guessed it) the RB went out. It was returned to me, and the RB...
  10. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...