Xbox 1, BOTH Hotmail AND Outlook are Primary for paid services and not mergable. Why, what...

Discus and support Xbox 1, BOTH Hotmail AND Outlook are Primary for paid services and not mergable. Why, what... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello everyone and thank you for reading this post. It comes with some sense of urgency after having just read that apparently Microsoft has decided... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LaughnJar, Mar 4, 2022.

1. LaughnJar
    LaughnJar Guest

Xbox 1, BOTH Hotmail AND Outlook are Primary for paid services and not mergable. Why, what...

Hello everyone and thank you for reading this post. It comes with some sense of urgency after having just read that apparently Microsoft has decided and it's imminent wisdom to lop off Hotmail or Outlook or some such and people are running into problems and posting about it. I am decidedly ignorant about what the decision was that has led to this flurry of activity. But due to the nature of some stuff that I have been reading I felt it a greater priority to get some type of answer for my personal situation as I have an Xbox for which Outlook live and Hotmail are both primary accounts registered to me and each have paid Services associated with them. And in case someone is going to help to question the reasoning and see faulty logic in that reality. Please note that the reason this conundrum exists is because of Microsoft's policies that were in place four or five years ago that required me too set up a Hotmail account as the primary account because I couldn't come up with the appropriate information for them to uncover my Outlook account that was associated with the Xbox at the time.

And subsequent setting up the Hotmail account I was lucky enough to find the passcodes to the Outlook account because it had paid Services associated with it that I did not want to lose so I continued logging on to it as well not wanting my son specifically for whom I purchased the Xbox to lose any of the the paid digital content that had been purchased from Microsoft under the Outlook account for him by me. And in order to have an account an adult has to be the primary registered entity for the Xbox being used by a minor.

In addition, this is not the first time I have tried to get information for a resolution to this dilemma for Microsoft itself but it is the first time I've sought the community forum for advice. Because based on what I've read Microsoft's not being very responsive.

So as it sits right now my Xbox has an Outlook account as well as a Hotmail account that are both associated with the Xbox and have the same Xbox listed in the personal account profile as the primary gaming device on record. And incidentally it is the only gaming device registered to both accounts. However registration isn't the issue the problem is that along with registration there are paid services and content associated with each account depending on what offerings were selected over the course of several years because I have Xbox live associated under Hotmail or linked to my Hotmail account but Xbox game pass linked to my Outlook account. And there is an extensive amount of data associated with both accounts. And I can only presume that data would be lost if I eliminated one of the accounts. The presumption is based on the fact that over the course of the past 5 years the consistent and continual answer to the question of can I merge my Hotmail and Outlook accounts has been a resounding and redundant and confounding, "NO.". DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THE FACT THAT I WAS DOUBLE BILLED BY MICROSOFT FOR 2 YEARS WITHOUT REALIZING IT BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS PAYING FOR LIVE AND GAME PASS THROUGH ONE ACCOUNT AND EA ACCESS THROUGH THE OTHER ACCOUNT. APPROXIMATELY... Oops sorry for the bold or the all caps font I don't mean to yell I'm using my cell phone handset and when it starts out with caps sometimes it capitalizes every letter of every word but I digress....

As I was saying, I have an Xbox that is registered with two separate Microsoft accounts and for which paid content is registered under each of those accounts. And after realizing I was paying for Microsoft live and being billed by Microsoft with the same debit card number for the same Xbox serial number the cost of Xbox live twice as well as game pass. Which Microsoft was considerate enough to apparently recognize and end their double billing and my request after I pointed it out with pictures or screenshots.

Yet in spite of this fact and their ability to take action in that regard it has never been possible to merge the two accounts and I presently have paid subscriptions and presumably digital content associated with each separate account. Thankfully the subscriptions are limited to two Services both provided by Microsoft One account is subscribed to Microsoft live Gold the other account is subscribed to Microsoft game pass. And this duality of Xbox consciousness has existed in excess of 4 years. And each account is associated with thousands of dollars worth of downloads from either entire games or in-game purchases all of which are digitally stored by Microsoft. So when I read a few little blurbs about Hotmail and Outlook being suddenly merged by Microsoft I decided I should get busy and at least post this post here with this community. Because if I get burned for thousands of dollars worth of content because of something that Microsoft could not resolve for some unknown reason something as simple as merging Hotmail and Outlook. And was the result of the situation that their policies created. Allowing Microsoft to make any attempted claiming no fault for anybody who has anything similar happening to my experience warrants more than giving Microsoft a pass. And I would have that perspective even if it was just my nominal amount of content compared to my son's library that May potentially be profoundly impacted. Not to mention my concern about the thousands of dollars of digital media content images etc associated with at least half the content associated with my Xbox serial number potentially being eliminated from my right of ownership is granted by the law of contracts regardless of whether it is digital or physically tangible, being taken from me and my family and disposed of with a proverbial "flip of a switch."

I hope the above has conveyed my dilemma and my concern over what I have recently heard about Outlook and Hotmail accounts suddenly being merged at the decision of Microsoft, people having issues with just mail, prompting me to post this post because of a concern for thousands of dollars of digital content held for the same Xbox and two separate primary accounts associated with a Hotmail account and an Outlook account both registered to me using the same debit card number and the exact same Xbox serial number.

Could somebody at least post a link to what was announced that has brought me to this forum to make this post and request assistance? Anything at all in response to what I have delineated that might help my particular situation or help people in a similar situation is greatly appreciated in advance.

Again my apologies for the all caps at one section and if this post seems a little bit disjointed. I posted this in a fairly hurried manner. The reason for such should be obvious I'm hoping at least.

Peace

:)

LaughnJar, Mar 4, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox 1, BOTH Hotmail AND Outlook are Primary for paid services and not mergable. Why, what is MS' solution

Hello LaughnJar,

Thank you for reaching out to the forums. We have not heard anything about merging Outlook and Hotmail, only that it is possible to view your Hotmail within your Outlook. However, if you are worried that you are going to lose one of your accounts before of some type of "merge", you will not lose an account. Each gamertag is connected to their Microsoft account, and you cannot merge accounts.

Might I suggest game sharing? As long as both accounts are on your Xbox console, and this console is set as the Home console you can share games and content with other people who sign in to it with their profile. You can consolidate your payments into one account, and instead of paying for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Gamepass separately, you can upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate which $14.99/month (USD) which gives you access to the same Game Pass content you're used to, plus PC Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold, EA Play and the ability to play games on your mobile, phone and tablet from the cloud.

You can manage your subscriptions Here or you can use this article to help view your subscriptions on your console: View and manage your subscriptions on Xbox

Apologies if I may have misunderstood your original question. If I missed something, please let me know.

Additional information:

Designate a home Xbox | Xbox Support

Xbox subscription cancellation and refunds | Xbox Support

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate FAQ | Xbox Support

Regards,

Hayabusa
  3. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox 1, BOTH Hotmail AND Outlook are Primary for paid services and not mergable. Why, what is MS' solution

Hi LaughnJar,

Great questions; let's get them addressed.

1. To access the content that is owned by one account (Let's say Hotmail), you will need to log in to that account, start the download, then you can log out and play on your own account (Outlook). You do not need to stay logged into the other (Hotmail) account in order to play. However -- That second account where you are accessing content from (Hotmail) needs to be set as the Home console, that way any account on that console can freely play the content, even without owning it. The only issue you may run into is if there is an internet outage and playing offline.

2. If you cancel your Xbox Live Gold subscription, you’ll no longer be able to access your Games with Gold titles. However, if you decide to renew your subscription at any time, you’ll be able to access and play your previously redeemed Games with Gold titles again. So I recommend the account that has Gold is the one that upgrades to Game Pass Ultimate. If you delete that gamertag/account from your Xbox, you will not have access to any of the games that were purchased/redeemed on it. The save data from the games on the cloud will not be wiped, but if you remove the account with access to those games, you will not be able to download/play them on your other account. Xbox consoles saves your gameplay data to the cloud, so if you’ve played your game while online, you can resync your game with the cloud once you've reinstalled it.

Because you've been using two accounts and have purchases on both, you will need to keep both accounts on your Xbox to access the content from both. But you don't have to play them on the unwanted account, but if your service subscription and games were purchased there, you will need it.

Additional Information:

Games with Gold for Xbox FAQ | Xbox Support

How to install games and apps on an Xbox console | Xbox Support

Xbox cloud game saves FAQ | Xbox Support

I hope that answers your questions.

-Hayabusa
  4. LaughnJar Win User

Actually your answer addresses the precise dilemma I am facing. So no apologies necessary. But there are some additional more specific questions I have on light of your response. They follow below...note that it is my desire to allocate all of the content such that going forward is is entirely concentrated under just one of my two gamer tags that are linked as primary account holders on the system. That said...

1. If the digital content was purchased via the one and only X box system I own, while logged on under the gamer tag that I wish to avoid using of the two primary account holder gamer tags, and using it's associated account (Hotmail or Outlook), do I have to always log that same gamer tag onto the system and then switch gamer tags in odrer to play that specific game using the gamer tag prefer to use and maintain as most active???

2. If I cancel a service such as live gold, that I purchased while logged in with the unwanted gamer tag and associated account, is all of the associated data for all of the users registered with my Xbox as their primary and singular home system then deleted or completely wiped from my system as well as from MS's cloud storage? Such that the person with the specific gamer tag that lost the information and data must then start from the beginning so to speak of the game and begin accruing more data and leveling up etc.?

Thanks in advance

Peace
  5. Photonimus Win User

hotmail to outlook

You can have any email service as the email used in your microsoft account. I use yahoo.

Since microsoft owns hotmail and outlook, and are transferring it over, than I suspect it should be an easy enough process. I don't know for sure though.
  6. GrimElephant210 Win User

Useless Gamertag attached to primary email

Well the email the correct gamertag was attached to was a hotmail address created when I fist got a 360, 7 years ago. The preferred one is an outlook address I use for windows 8 and skype created because hotmail was sort discontinued.
Thema:

1. Xbox 1, BOTH Hotmail AND Outlook are Primary for paid services and not mergable. Why, what... - Similar Threads - BOTH Hotmail Outlook

2. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  3. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  4. Cannot join friend's singleplayer minecraft world and vice versa, but both able to join 3rd...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cannot join friend's singleplayer minecraft world and vice versa, but both able to join 3rd...: We are both on bedrock version 1.19.08.2 on mobile, both got minecraft from the same place. We are able to connect to 3rd party servers but when we try to join each others single player worlds...
  5. What are the measurements of both analog sticks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What are the measurements of both analog sticks?: Sorry in advance for wasting someone's time but what are the measurements of both Xbox Series Elite 2 analog sticks? Once again, I am sorry and thank you in advance....
  6. Noob to both Xbox and MLB the Show

in XboX Insiders
    Noob to both Xbox and MLB the Show: Okay, first off, I do not own an Xbox Console. I play on my Android through Cloud gaming. I am a consistent PC Gamer but since the entire world seems to be moving away from hard copy ownership of...
  7. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt: As the title says, my Xbox elite series 2 will register both a keystroke and a button prompt when I press a button, not only that, it registers as both a controller and a virtual keyboard from...
  9. Both triggers saying pressed on xbox controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both triggers saying pressed on xbox controller.: Hi. My friend gave me his old xbox controller, and both of the triggers are saying pressed when they are in fact not. I have tried a ton of things, even taking the whole controller apart, but I...
  10. Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...: Ordered a brand new controller online from Amazon plugged it in everything works except the triggers feeling like I just wasted my money and time waiting for the product I have done updates I've...