xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat

Discus and support xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since when is it in their TOU/TOS that they shouldn't have to place special algorythms? It's Micro$oft's service, and I rather have to disagree with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DuFFuL, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Dave Eckert
    Dave Eckert Guest

Since when is it in their TOU/TOS that they shouldn't have to place special algorythms? It's Micro$oft's service, and I rather have to disagree with that. Besides, if this really is the case and console banning isn't
    working then they clearly need to look into the matter of IP banning altogether, as in their own actual internet connection. it doesn't matter how hard people try to find ways around it because the suecrity is also always going to get updated as well, things
    get updated all the time. If they really feel they shouldn't have to do this then mayube they should've never started an online service from the start if they can't accept all the responsibilities that come with it.

Dave Eckert, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Kedareturns
    Kedareturns Guest
    Wouldn't do much good to ban an IP if it's dynamic. I'm sure there are more permanent ways to ban someone, but that's not it.

Kedareturns, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Dave Eckert
    Dave Eckert Guest
    Well, I don't know whether or not it works the same, but this 1 site with Flash chats, which is now closed down, used to do it. I'm sure there are plenty others that do similarly. And I'm fairly certain my cable connection is
    dynamic because I didn't have to go through any complex (to me at the time, anyway) configurations as I once did with DSL to get connect to XBox Live. So yeah, unless anybody lese sees a more permanent, effective ban other than IP ban, I see no other way
    around it.

Dave Eckert, Jan 3, 2014
  4. voteDC
    voteDC Guest

As Bong said, IP bans are a worthless measure.

-

Most people use dynamic IPs, meaning it changes every time they connect to the internet or reset their router.

-

It is quite rare for a ISP to give an individual a static IP, one that stays the same no matter what, and when they do it is usually for an extra cost.

-

So all an IP ban would do is cause a troublemaker a two minute inconvenience and move that banned IP onto another innocent person.

-

The only way to effectively IP ban would be to block the whole range of IPs in use by the offenders ISP, but then you'd also be banning thousands of innocent people as well.

voteDC, Jan 4, 2014
  5. muckypup75
    muckypup75 Guest
    i cant believe what some of you are saying. forced game chat? do you also believe in communism? nobody should be forced into anything. maybe you should turn your game off and go outside and talk to people if its so important to have voice communication or
    stop being a moron and using your kinect as a mic. when people like you come into a game room, i mute you immediately. i mute you because of the echo the kinect usually brings. that and i dont wanna hear the rest of your friends and family yapping it up or
    your dog(s) barking.

muckypup75, Jan 4, 2014
  6. NEWB 720
    NEWB 720 Guest
    [quote user="o FayZ x"]

no one speaks, we have kinect as mic and most games don't support it.. i hate anti social gamers, they should just play offline with bots, part of why i prefer xbl is the community but party chat & anti social gamers are ruining the experience

[/quote]

This is an issue that I really am rather neutral on. Game chat is ridden with a certain type of "people". If it were forced then I would certainly have to go without the headset. I prefer to party with those who I can tolorate,
    people who can understand more than just game stats and celebrities.

I know that you want to win your games and communicate your callouts and whatever but after a week of it you would realize it is not as fun or beneficial as you may think. I actually am motivated to do worse when the arrogant
    attitudes are displayed.

The only reason I partially support forced game chat is because the offensive users who are breaking the rules are more easily caught when not isolated in party chat.

NEWB 720, Jan 4, 2014
  7. Dave Eckert
    Dave Eckert Guest
    [quote user="voteDC"]

-

Most people use dynamic IPs, meaning it changes every time they connect to the internet or reset their router.

-

It is quite rare for a ISP to give an individual a static IP, one that stays the same no matter what, and when they do it is usually for an extra cost.

-

So all an IP ban would do is cause a troublemaker a two minute inconvenience and move that banned IP onto another innocent person.

-

The only way to effectively IP ban would be to block the whole range of IPs in use by the offenders ISP, but then you'd also be banning thousands of innocent people as well.

[/quote]Well then if IP ban isn't the way to go, because it seems obvious to me the most direct way to go about it, why doesn't anyone else please elabporate this "more permanent" ban solution? How else would anyone go about
    obtaining the most direct form of info about your connection and/or location pertaining to that connection to take appropriate actions? (Surely not DDOS/DOS because that's more of a hack job, realy.) I Mean it's not like we're talking about your internet
    connection here, you're connecting to a social network service.

[quote user="im on that dust"]

i cant believe what some of you are saying. forced game chat? do you also believe in communism? nobody should be forced into anything. maybe you should turn your game off and go outside and talk to people if its so important to have voice communication or
    stop being a moron and using your kinect as a mic. when people like you come into a game room, i mute you immediately. i mute you because of the echo the kinect usually brings. that and i dont wanna hear the rest of your friends and family yapping it up or
    your dog(s) barking.

[/quote]I believe you're missing the logic here. 1st off, nobody's "forcing" you to do these things; You're making the choice all by yourself once you decide to head into said social environments, whether be online or real life.
    that said, maybe you shouldn't venture off into said environments if you can't accept the circumstances and possible repercussions whether good or bad. Though it's just as important for everybody to understand and realize which environments are appropriate
    for their age/maurity range, and I think everybody here knows where I'm going with this.
    That's where 1 of the initial problems is coming into playand cuasing riots for everybody else, though that doesn't necessarily rule out/exemplify the rest of the remaining people out there with whatever problems they may have lurking inside them.
    Nobody's being a moron, here, and there'sd really no reason to mute everybody immediately, either. Just mute only the 1s you don't want to hear. What good does it do you to mute everybody who isn't doing you any trouble or annoyances? Ignore the the background
    noises if it's not important.

Dave Eckert, Jan 4, 2014
  8. Kedareturns
    Kedareturns Guest

When I said "I'm sure" a more permanent solution exists, I might have misspoken a bit. I might "I assume" such a solution exists. I remember hearing a couple of people discussing that there was a way to block a single physical location from accessing an
    internet service once before on these forums, but for all I know that might just be rumor and speculation on their part.

Kedareturns, Jan 4, 2014
  9. Party chat is fantastic. I'm sorry to those who like to hear others play, but I could care less these days, especially when all I hear in game chats is racist rants, annoying kids and people screaming. Also the kinect mic is by far the most overpowered and
    annoying things to hear. I'm sticking to party chat because a lot of people like to be annoying. If you want people to talk to you, invite them to a party chat or start adding people to your friends list.

Dr Black Bones, Jan 8, 2014
  10. Online gaming is very anti social. And you all should have seen it coming. Back in the day before party chat.. omg. People are such jerks and most of those jerks feel empowered online all big and bad which leads to trash talking. Not to mention the perverts
    that lurk in every corner of xbox live. Being in a game with people who are being incredibly rude sucks.. but with party chat. I know theres a mute option ofcourse but what if you want to play with your frirnds who playing battlefeild 4 and your on cod ghost?
    Party chat is needed. I'd love to find gamers who wanted to be friendly and social though. You still can too. Just keep an ear out. And the whole kinect mic thing oh mah gerd. XD yeah yeah... I DO NOT want to hwar your family, your kids, your bongs, your coughing,
    etc

xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat :) kinect should be used with games as a tool, a video chat device and to send pics to your friends... AND PERSONAL GAMERPICS *cough* bring them backkkkk.. Kinect is a horrid chat device.

Sassy Lil Brat, Jan 8, 2014
  11. Epixtactic
    Epixtactic Guest
    I only use game chat anymore. Its annoying when people hole up in their party's and can't play objectively. I find I mute more people in party's then in game chat. I think party chat should be disabled in game.

The biggest problem has always been muting people in a timely manner, you know figuring out who is actually bugging you in chat and muting them before you lose the match while navigating through recent players.

Epixtactic, Jan 9, 2014
  12. Klokkwork
    Klokkwork Guest
    As long as games don't require you to have voice chat equipment in order to play, there's absolutely no legitimate way or reason to force people out of party chat. The best we can hope for is that games are developed that strongly encourage in-game chat,
    gaining strong tactical advantage to users who can communicate with each other in-game, beyond the coordination of users chatting together in a Party.

Klokkwork, Oct 31, 2018
  13. Dr Black Bones Win User

Party chat is fantastic. I'm sorry to those who like to hear others play, but I could care less these days, especially when all I hear in game chats is racist rants, annoying kids and people screaming. Also the kinect mic is by far the most overpowered and
    annoying things to hear. I'm sticking to party chat because a lot of people like to be annoying. If you want people to talk to you, invite them to a party chat or start adding people to your friends list.
  14. voteDC Win User

-

-

-

-

15. Kedareturns Win User

Wouldn't do much good to ban an IP if it's dynamic. I'm sure there are more permanent ways to ban someone, but that's not it.
  16. SparkStormrider Win User

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]

[quote user=""]

I can almost kinda agree that PartyChats did rather Kill the whole social chat aspect in gaming, while at the same ime I also agree that it's the individuals filling the community inappropriately as well. Now I might know exactly
    how they go about remedying this type of thing, but perhaps what they should've done is set the ssytem for both headsets and Kinect 2, have mandatory 1 time set-up
    before you can connect with others for chat so that the system can listen and run scenarios in order to determine what's proper and what's inapporpriate, sort of a system (that can also progressively learn to) to identify what's what and then perhaps
    auto-filter/auto-mute it out until such behavior has been minimalized. The reason I suggest this is that while forced game chat would be the aim to bring back social chat, it's not entirely fair to force people to talk to people they don't want to, which
    again I hate to agree with others, is the reason the mute function exists, rather than everybody making exccuses and feeling forced to aleviate the possabilities via Party Chat. I honestly think the OP has a point here; Heading into an online game and searching for
    people to play vs is no different than going out to whatever social scene you desire to have a good time as long as it's appropriately suitable especially concerning of age, so we should all be more accepting of the consequences of our own decisions or actions regardless
    of good or bad. Nobody anywhere is/or ever should be of any exception.

[/quote]When I first started with xbox live with my 360, gamer chat was sort of different than from what it started to become as more and more members join live. Gamer chat was going down hill (imo) before party chat came out. I do believe that party
    chat was the final nail in the coffin for gamer chat however, and for the reasons that I have already stated above.

MS can put all the special algorithms they like in for Kinect, and other ways to chat over Live, but that doesn't address the source of the problem, and that is how people treat each other. People simply get tired of the
    same old smack talk, the same old trash over and over. So in a way, MS created a "way out" so that people could still play multiplayer and talk to the people that they wanted, assuming they wanted to talk at all or had a mic.

Also judging by what I see in the suspensions forums people don't fully understand what they agree to when they hit "I accept" to the terms of xbox live use. If they did, they wouldn't be posting inquiries about why they were banned for cursing over chat.
    It's there in black and white under their terms. So I think it might be safe to say that people have a hard time knowing what is "appropriately suitable...".

[/quote]How do you figure? perhaps if Micro$oft actually tried invoking such algorithms, yeah people may be inclined and start trolling those in the process of ranting or whatever once they noticed and point out they've been
    temporarily cut off, but eventually the majority of the community will likely catch on and have to accept it just like everybody else, complain about ir, whatever, unil it's to the civil pioint where people trolling others in such a manner really isn't a thing
    anymore because they're subjectable to the exact same terms.

[/quote]Because people have been banned for offensive chatter and yet they create new tags, make them gold accounts and do it all over again. And my sources for this info is right here in the forums where people have stated that they have done just that.
    And again it's there in the Terms of Use, they shouldn't have to put special algorithms in place. You break the rules, you are punished. You try and put new systems in place, rather than complying with it, people will simply try to find ways around it.
  17. SparkStormrider Win User

I can almost kinda agree that PartyChats did rather Kill the whole social chat aspect in gaming, while at the same ime I also agree that it's the individuals filling the community inappropriately as well. Now I might know exactly
    how they go about remedying this type of thing, but perhaps what they should've done is set the ssytem for both headsets and Kinect 2, have mandatory 1 time set-up
    before you can connect with others for chat so that the system can listen and run scenarios in order to determine what's proper and what's inapporpriate, sort of a system (that can also progressively learn to) to identify what's what and then perhaps
    auto-filter/auto-mute it out until such behavior has been minimalized. The reason I suggest this is that while forced game chat would be the aim to bring back social chat, it's not entirely fair to force people to talk to people they don't want to, which
    again I hate to agree with others, is the reason the mute function exists, rather than everybody making exccuses and feeling forced to aleviate the possabilities via Party Chat. I honestly think the OP has a point here; Heading into an online game and searching for
    people to play vs is no different than going out to whatever social scene you desire to have a good time as long as it's appropriately suitable especially concerning of age, so we should all be more accepting of the consequences of our own decisions or actions regardless
    of good or bad. Nobody anywhere is/or ever should be of any exception.

[/quote]When I first started with xbox live with my 360, gamer chat was sort of different than from what it started to become as more and more members join live. Gamer chat was going down hill (imo) before party chat came out. I do believe that party
    chat was the final nail in the coffin for gamer chat however, and for the reasons that I have already stated above.

MS can put all the special algorithms they like in for Kinect, and other ways to chat over Live, but that doesn't address the source of the problem, and that is how people treat each other. People simply get tired of the same old smack talk, the same old trash
    over and over. So in a way, MS created a "way out" so that people could still play multiplayer and talk to the people that they wanted, assuming they wanted to talk at all or had a mic.

Also judging by what I see in the suspensions forums people don't fully understand what they agree to when they hit "I accept" to the terms of xbox live use. If they did, they wouldn't be posting inquiries about why they were banned for cursing over chat.
    It's there in black and white under their terms. So I think it might be safe to say that people have a hard time knowing what is "appropriately suitable...".
Thema:

1. xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat - Similar Threads - xbl very anti

2. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: Hello all, I've been recently having issues with playing xbox games with my friends. They would send me on invite, and I would receive a notification that they have invited me to join. However,...
  3. Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: I'm been trying to play minecraft with my friend but I have a laptop and they both have pc and an Xbox and I when I get an invite to play with then it keep say "Get an app to open this...
  4. how fixing sorry,but this xbl Account has already been associated with another Epic Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how fixing sorry,but this xbl Account has already been associated with another Epic Games...: jjhjjjujjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj 10ec4a74-f10e-4fc0-95c2-28b27cddff6f
  5. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer": Whenever my friend will invite me, (theyre on xbox) i keep getting this message: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer", and it would take me to roblox but say im not able to...
  6. How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links: I just recently fully reset my PC and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. I reinstalled Steam and the Xbox App as well as the Xbox console companion. I also installed Sea of Thieves on Steam, since this...
  7. Can't open ms-xbl-multiplayer link Flight Sim 40th

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open ms-xbl-multiplayer link Flight Sim 40th: Hello, I have the steam edition and my friend plays on pc through xbox app. I have logged into microsoft account already and have gamebar but can't join. Please help!...
  8. ms-xbl-multiplayer link process app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ms-xbl-multiplayer link process app: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134. Xbox & Xbox GameBar & Xbox Live = latest from ms-store. Reinstall or downgrade all this apps not helped. GameBar xbox: connect to friend in any game and got not...
  9. Xbox Seried S,connected to internet, XBL does not see it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Seried S,connected to internet, XBL does not see it: Wireless connection XBOX Series S. Run internet test says connected. However, the Xbox live services are not seeing the connection and says I am offline. Which is crazy because the internet...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer: I have "it takes two friends pass" , and I play on pc , but my friends play on Xbox . whenever they try to invite me to a game and I press join this message appear ( You'll need a new app to open...