xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat

Discus and support xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To be honest it's not just xbox live that has this problem. It's the same on pc. I play many games on pc as well as xbox and it feels like a ghost town... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DuFFuL, Jan 2, 2014.

1. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

To be honest it's not just xbox live that has this problem. It's the same on pc. I play many games on pc as well as xbox and it feels like a ghost town on there too. No one chats or at least it's very rare. Even on games like battlefield where you can see
    who has a mic on, no one chats. I do but only to let some one know where some one is or that there is a tank coming or stuff like that. I don't think it will change. It's like everyone enjoys multiplayer but nobody wants the social side of it and it's mainly
    because like everything, The few have wrecked it for the many!

:)

DuFFuL, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Endgamez
    Endgamez Guest
    Locking Out Party Chat

I don't see how you think being in a party chat is anti-social. It's a very social thing between myself and seven friends that I respect and like talking to. Just because I don't want to be forced to chat with every screaming, hormonally challenged teenager
    on Live, doesn't make me anti-social.

I'm 43. I don't socialize with (and have nothing in common with) teenagers, anyway.

Saying that party chat is anti-social just doesn't make any sense.

Endgamez, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Locking Out Party Chat

"Saying that party chat is anti-social just doesn't make any sense".

Party chat could reasonably be described as anti-social because it drains games and team of talkative, communicative players and members.

ChainSmokingBob, Jan 2, 2014
  4. xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat

Forced game chat no thanks.I have no need to listen to someone blasting music or a 9 yr old calling me names.

KRYPTONS ICON, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest
    I like games with th option to stay partied up to any good eggs you find. Or simply invite them to your party, done that loads of times with random people and had a laugh 90% of the time.

Boas BS5, Jan 2, 2014
  6. ZTROOPER16
    ZTROOPER16 Guest
    I think to force someone to listen to some of the people on Xbox live or and other service is hell. Cuz every time I got to in game chat with was gta 5 the last time all I did is get called names or get the f out of hear. Cuz I owned. SO to force NO!!!!!

ZTROOPER16, Jan 2, 2014
  7. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    [quote user="TruthReveal3d"]Degenerate behavior killed it. Party chat was a way to get people to put the mics BACK ON. [/quote]

People tend to reap what they sow and if all you got was a pile of ear-ache and abuse online chances are it was funny when you did it to someone else but couldn't take it when it got directed back at you.

Party chat killed online gaming.

At least the ONE is bringing a new generation of gamers that actually came to play and do speak.

Some people are jerks and act like it in chat. That's what the mute function is for.

What a shame to miss out on making new friends online because you've written off everyone you don't konw as not worth speaking to.

Azrael008uk, Jan 2, 2014
  8. ZTROOPER16
    ZTROOPER16 Guest

Me I send party invite cuz Im in party with friends.

ZTROOPER16, Jan 2, 2014
  9. <-- what's up with the bullet? Hello, the powers that be, can you FIX this? It's been doing this for years.

Party chat shouldn't be forced.

It can be great or it can be awful, depending on the people involved.

The best time to be in a party chat was 5-7 years ago. People were more civil. The influx of smart-mouthed kids changed it. I realize adults can be just as bad, lol, but a tsunami wave of kids started playing about 5 years ago and it's really gone downhill
    since then. People can disagree with me, but it's true. When I used to play Rainbow Six Vegas, I would regularly enter matches with randoms and have a great time with them and the conversation was just fine. Now, games are mostly either silent, or with
    screaming, cursing, people insulting each other or making annoying sounds. It's definitely not what it used to be.

BizarroMantis, Jan 2, 2014
  10. Hellfire IRL
    Hellfire IRL Guest
    People who don't talk have an equal right not to and should never be forced, see introversion and extroversion, it's a common social faux pas to think everyone enjoys talking, they don't, only 70% of people actually do.

-

That said, this 30% of human beings (of which I'm a part) are more than willing to use chat when relevant, we just don't play games to find 'friends' - I game for personal enjoyment which does not require self affirmation from others. Taking that into account,
    I still have the mic always on and will talk if someone seems rational.

Hellfire IRL, Jan 2, 2014
  11. skys7
    skys7 Guest
    Keep it how it is.

I don´t think you change the people if you kill off the party chat.

People are people.

Better beep the swearing lol

skys7, Jan 2, 2014
  12. [quote user="TruthReveal3d"][quote user="Azrael008uk"]

Party Chat killed online gaming long before the ONE.

[/quote] Degenerate behavior killed it. Party chat was a way to get people to put the mics BACK ON. The OP must be new to live. I thought this was common knowledge. To the OP It was well used at one point, but those days are gone for good. Don't get your
    hopes up, and don't blame people for not wanting to use it.

[/quote]

^Exactly... It should be common knowledge because it is common sense.

TBH, I believe in giving people a fair chance so I rarely use party chat unless I'm playing with a group that's in party chat. That being said, I usually end up muting at least 80% (conservatively speaking) of the few people who do talk because they're doing
    exactly what everyone has been complaining about... music, screaming, etc.

BTW OP, one of your responses mentioned using the mute and said something like 'it's amazing'. You do realize this is a self defeatist statement, right? You cannot 'force game chat' on people while you hand them the very tool that allows them to circumvent
    forced chat. I'm willing to bet that most people, even the ones who think that forced chat would actually work, would have second thoughts about playing a game that didn't provide a mute feature.

Forced chat, in its truest form, is the most ridiculous idea imaginable. True 'forced' chat means removing the mute... and that means the only people who will play in that kind of environment will be the ones who can (and will) turn up their music/scream louder
    than the other belching, screaming, drivel talking, 9 year old wanna be wrappers. Which in essence... is just another form of muting.

A Blue Illusion, Jan 2, 2014
  13. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

You guys need to stop playing GTA.

Problem solved.

Azrael008uk, Jan 2, 2014
  14. Chris238
    Chris238 Guest
    [quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

[quote user="Fyrbreak"]

I do not want to be forced to talk to strangers.

[/quote]

You are not forced to do anything. You are not forced to play the game, you are not forced to co-operate, you are not forced to communicate.

But if you want to help your team win it's certainly a better practice than sitting in silence while doing whatever you do. You cannot call out where you died, the location of an enemy sniper, ask for assistance in taking out an enemy squad or taking an objective.

If one does not communicate with his team then what use is he to his team other than a K/D ratio?

[/quote]

You're right, I'm not forced to do anything. However the title of this thread is asking for "Forced chat". I'm saying I want to continue to not be forced to chat.

Although that was the only sentence you included in my quote above, I did say that I talk as long as ppl are relatively mature didn't I?

In a team based game, I generally find a mature squad with people I'm comfortable to speak with, or if I give up because there are kids screaming everywhere I go, I will play in silence and do what I can to support the team.

Nothing should be forced, however. People are free to game how they want to game, so if you're going to join up with a bunch of strangers, lower your expectations. Otherwise, find a good clan to play with regularly whose policies meet your standards.

Chris238, Jan 2, 2014
  15. Only reason why PC gaming is a awesome multiplayer experience compared to consoles, keyboard is in place 99% of the time and people feel more inclined to reply when their voice/accent cannot be judged. More people open up when using a keyboard to communicate,
    its easy and people can see/think/respond in their own time rather than being talked over etc. Vent/Team Speak works wonders when people are friends or in the same guild/clan however outside of these arenas I have heard it scarcely used on the pc gaming front
    with beneficial results.

Give a controller as standard with a built in mini touch pad keyboard. For example my PS4, controller has a PoS touch pad in the centre of the controller, get rid of that and integrate a nice mini keyboard.

If gaming truly is slowing edging towards being aimed at online and multiplayer experiences then please give us the basic tools to make use of the major point of stuff being online (Human communication and interaction).

Just my opinion anyway.

xXI Exige IXx, Jan 2, 2014
Thema:

1. xbl is very anti social.. there needs to be a forced game chat - Similar Threads - xbl very anti

2. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: Hello all, I've been recently having issues with playing xbox games with my friends. They would send me on invite, and I would receive a notification that they have invited me to join. However,...
  3. Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: I'm been trying to play minecraft with my friend but I have a laptop and they both have pc and an Xbox and I when I get an invite to play with then it keep say "Get an app to open this...
  4. how fixing sorry,but this xbl Account has already been associated with another Epic Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how fixing sorry,but this xbl Account has already been associated with another Epic Games...: jjhjjjujjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj 10ec4a74-f10e-4fc0-95c2-28b27cddff6f
  5. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer": Whenever my friend will invite me, (theyre on xbox) i keep getting this message: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer", and it would take me to roblox but say im not able to...
  6. How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links: I just recently fully reset my PC and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. I reinstalled Steam and the Xbox App as well as the Xbox console companion. I also installed Sea of Thieves on Steam, since this...
  7. Can't open ms-xbl-multiplayer link Flight Sim 40th

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open ms-xbl-multiplayer link Flight Sim 40th: Hello, I have the steam edition and my friend plays on pc through xbox app. I have logged into microsoft account already and have gamebar but can't join. Please help!...
  8. ms-xbl-multiplayer link process app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ms-xbl-multiplayer link process app: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134. Xbox & Xbox GameBar & Xbox Live = latest from ms-store. Reinstall or downgrade all this apps not helped. GameBar xbox: connect to friend in any game and got not...
  9. Xbox Seried S,connected to internet, XBL does not see it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Seried S,connected to internet, XBL does not see it: Wireless connection XBOX Series S. Run internet test says connected. However, the Xbox live services are not seeing the connection and says I am offline. Which is crazy because the internet...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer: I have "it takes two friends pass" , and I play on pc , but my friends play on Xbox . whenever they try to invite me to a game and I press join this message appear ( You'll need a new app to open...